Bike Grips Giving Me Blisters

hi ive got onza grips on my bike at the moment and every time i go out riding they give me blisters they are the ones that are ribbed at the brake side and smooth on the outside to the end of the bars which is were im getting the blisters what grips are any good and what people woud recomend.

hellfrauds finest foam grips, you get 4 long grips, which one grip can be cut into 2, i have some and they are extremely comfy, their good in the summer too because when your hands sweat they just soak it up and you still have plenty of grip :) . £4.99 i'd say that was a bargain (Y)

Grips are very personal, and what is good for you, everyonr else might hate..... the only way to no what grip is best for you is try grips!!!!! sound silly, buts its the only way... the only thing that i well say is, yes you will get sore hands :( and try gloves ;)

Yeah your skin will just get used to it ... i get it sometimes when i buy new grips like the Echo grips at first there like blades but after a few good rides they get real soft and comfy.

Just keep riding and take the pain ;)

hi ive got onza grips on my bike at the moment and every time i go out riding they give me blisters they are the ones that are ribbed at the brake side and smooth on the outside to the end of the bars which is were im getting the blisters what grips are any good and what people woud recomend.

those are the worst grips ive ever used, not only are they uncomfortable but i actually got friction burns from them because there so smooth. i couldnt even ride for more than 2 hours because of the pain, but now ive switched to tryall grips and its a god send no more burns. obviously i still get callists but thats something you cant avoid (Y)

I think its already been said, but I'll remind people.

Hellfrauds - 5 quid gets you 4 foam grips. They dont last long but they're as comfortable as anything, dont really buy the Try-All foams unless you're posh, theirs no real difference.

The halfords ones are a little thicker, but you don't really notice it, especially as when you ride they 'mould' around your hand, so to speak. Making them very comfortable.

May hands where like that when I started riding then your hands get hard and then you don't get them anymore. If that does not happen i would buy some gloves for sure I ride with gloves and my hands are fine.

IPB Image

just get some balls, get some calluses.

IPB Image

just waiting for all you girls to go euuuurrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

oooooooooooh and you get to see my broken finger didnt quite set straight!!

Edited by mat hudson

DMR Zip grips are what i have at the moment there great really soft like, i hardly ever get blisters and lock on quite well with cable ties. There comfy and look great to at only £7. But i think next time i want to try foam grips seen as everyone recommends them. But if you ride alot it will toughen up your hands like that guy in the pic when those things heal theyll(sp) probly be really hard

I used to have the same problem with blisters my suggestion is to try gloves and foams e.g. monty foams are good and cheap. If your blisters are on your fingers then it may be due to the positioning of your brake lever.

Oz

May hands where like that when I started riding then your hands get hard and then you don't get them anymore. If that does not happen i would buy some gloves for sure I ride with gloves and my hands are fine.

dude when i ride with you, you compain that you are getting blisters and then u dont ride 4 a bit girl