Guts

jak-89

Just ride some smaller stuff, and build up your confidence.

And justcommit to it.

I'm having problems with that at the moment, but I/we just have to go for it.

Easier said than done i'm afraid.

I'm a wuss too.

Theres gaps i know i can do but just don't have the balls to do them. :closedeyes:

I feel the same very much like that i get really bored, any way atleast were not afraid to admit it :-:D

Cheers Jack Gibson!

the feeling is there for areason because your brain is telling you wehat your about to do is stupid, to build upo guts your best off just riding and not trying to do anything you dont feel comfy with just keep riding until you feel ready it just takes time.

(Y) why dont you try to find a ledge that gets higher as it goes along then strt at the smallest part then work your way up to the highest or set your self a target each day like i will do that drop monday and i will do that drop that is a bit higher on tuesday and so on until you get all the drops dialled hope it all goes well (Y)

Aside from gradually building up , trusting your bike is hugely important , nothing like that " fresh chain and brake bleed " feel .

Also I tend to shy away from big moves too unless there's a camera or attractive females present , then I turn ito a big move show off monster . :-

Edited by Endohopper

Aside from gradually building up , trusting your bike is hugely important , nothing like that " fresh chain and brake bleed " feel .

Also I tend to shy away from big moves too unless there's a camera or attractive females present , then I turn ito a big move show off monster . :-

im the opposite when there is a camera or girls i shy down :(

anyway for gaps n drops use pallets just put one more on top after youve done the one before a few times comfortabley.

WOW! This topic is still up

Dave.. :closedeyes:

There is nothing wrong with this thread? If anything it helps alot of people. Im sure most people will have had confidence issues. Where they know they can get something but darent go for it. I have it all the time. This will help a few people... better that your threadyou thread.... And you should change your link in your signature...to your thread......

From Lee

you wouldnt look at things if you thought them "impossible" if you look, make a rule you must try.

EDIT: make trials a game,to push yourself to the max, the best thing to do is if you have a mate that you ride with, if he pushes you and you push him (Y) its all good. thats how i used to do it, or when people used to DARE you to do summit. it made you noticed more than others

Waynio....................

Edited by Waynio

All depends on training. I think it is not good to think about how you gonna fall and hurt yourself, just jump. When you will jump and see that nothing bad happend, you will try it again and again. But if you don't feel absolutely confident, don't do that. I agree that it's good to ride together and push each other. We are usually riding like that.

DOnt worry about your self or your bike, just go for it, if it goes wrong theres nothing u can do about it, i alwasy think, aaaaa well if i DO fall its not gonan be that bad, then dive on the back wheel and go for it.

you have hit the nail on the head, but another way of doing it is just not think and go, although for techy moves this cannot be used.

when I say this I don't mean 'have no fear' I mean go before fear even starts to kick in. This is how I am improving recently, and after you have done it once you have the confidence to try it again and again.

right... i find that the best way is to start off your day with something big/decent as it gets you in the mood... if you want to do something you really have to commit to it, and not wuss out because something like a lip or something is there so that you can use it as an excuse :P we all do it... :rolleyes: just commit yourself... dont think about the thing... just think about how god damn kool you will look when you land it... and also... you wont end up going home with it playing on your mind that you didnt do it.

having said that, confidence comes over time, and also by wearing a helmet... unless thats already bin mentioned ;)

:$ im like this when i go to leeds or glen i want to ask for help of more experienced riders on how to build up confidence or to try something but im affraid that they will look down on me n ignore me n think wat a shit rider :(

try looking at items from a different point of view if u know what i mean its all mindset if u think something is to hard to get up it will be if you think you will bail droping something then you pretty much will just be positive and build up to the harder stuff.

i personally thourght that i wouldnt be able to drop my own height but i just thourght the worst that could happen is i could jar my wrists or ankles which i did the first time but i got back up there and did it

im the opposite when there is a camera or girls i shy down :(

anyway for gaps n drops use pallets just put one more on top after youve done the one before a few times comfortabley.

Mike you know that is lies.

When ever a girl is about you are never off your bike :P

you wouldnt look at things if you thought them "impossible" if you look, make a rule you must try.

EDIT: make trials a game,to push yourself to the max, the best thing to do is if you have a mate that you ride with, if he pushes you and you push him (Y) its all good. thats how i used to do it, or when people used to DARE you to do summit. it made you noticed more than others

Waynio....................

Very true. I always just commit to it and forget about the massive savage gap or drop and visualise it as a kerb. lol. nah just go for it and dont look at it for too long:D

hello,

Just don't think twice, see it and do it because when you start thinking you realize how high/big/far or whatever it is and get put off. Also try using pallets and slowly build up at your own pace.

Bhups.