Hs33

weebryan

Pics

These and the echo, and gu brake levers are available at tartybikes mid june :)

Im not really sure about length and that.

cheers andy

How are you meant to get the tpa in and out of those?

Edit: Pictures!!!

Edited by Joe_Elding

iv been doin some playing, hoping to start making some

obviosly this is a geometry experiment, rather than a construction one. lol

it work VERY well. i love it.

it looks ermm interesting

[attachmentid=4758]

iolo

post-614-1148301996_thumb.jpg

link works dandy now :P i clicked it and got pissed off cos nothing came up :( then read the web address

that fresh lever looks well impressive

are there any aftermarker lever blades for cable levers? be good for all the people out there running vs/bb7s :)

xt levers are great, but i wish they had the flat back like avid sd7s and the speed dial would be nice :) and i wish avif didn't go so bloody wobbly...

Just wanted to say that I'm really pleased that the Fresh Levers have finally been released! I know myself how much time these things can take, and how sure you have to be that the design is 100% before cracking ahead. The financial commitment can be daunting if you making your first steps into getting components made. It's certainly a world away from the position the large trials firms are in.

The final Fresh lever looks excellent (Y) I can't see anything that I would suggest doing differently!

On the subject of crazy longer levers, you can't just go longer and longer with proportional benefits.

From memory the relative leverage ratio of a normal magura lever blade in a HS33 system all the way to the pads is 5:1. So there's 5x the movement at the lever compared to the amount each brake pad moves. I haven't looked at my calculations for a while, so the figure may not be 100% correct but it's a useful figure for this discussion.

5x the lever movement compared to each pad means 5x the force at each pad. This trade of movement for a magnification of braking force at the rim can't be increased forever though, because there's only so far that it's comfortable to reach your finger out from the bars (start position) and so far you can pull it in (end position) before it hits your hand.

Aside from the ergonomics, there's the fact that any compression in the system (the pads and backing being the dominant item) will be magnified by the lever ratio. So with the standard system and blade, 1mm in compression each side will appear as 5mm of squish at the lever.

I'm very tempted to buy one of those Fresh levers but I've only just sorted out trying an RB blade mounted in a HS33 body (a few years late with this trend!)

Steve

xt levers are great, but i wish they had the flat back like avid sd7s and the speed dial would be nice :) and i wish avif didn't go so bloody wobbly...

i use xtr and ultimate levers, and think they both rock :) just be nice to see some cheaper competition, seeing as they arent all that cheap :( i may give it a try :)

i never found the speed dial that useful really, i always keep mine on the highest setting cos it feels the best, although i did enjoy the extra 'give' that you get when you allow some modulation, its just a bit more comfy on your fingers