Its Always Annoyed Me...

tom tom

...how they promote things is fine, for example the kit kat advert is advertising ' a golden ticket ' to get onto big brother (as bad as that is) its not the bit that bothers me. What bothers me is this, as the old man opens the kit kat to find the golden ticket at the bottom of the screen it says ' no purchase necessary ' now this is what i don't understand and walkers used to annoy me with this as well they seemed to do it alot not that long ago. (N)

i don't understand how you can win with out purchasing the product if its inside it, are they asking people to steal or have i got the wrong end of the stick for the last god knows how long? :(

cheers tom tom

maybe someone could email kit kat or nestle asking them how to? (Y)

Edited by tom tom

ur all gay

basically u can ring/email/write to the company and they will randomly open a packet for you for free and if u win u can keep the prize. this way u are not paying for the entry to the competition and its all legal.

U will not get the product though.

Surely everybody expects not to pay for a prize though..... hence it being a 'prize'

But with those ones where you win a holiday, you sometimes have to pay for flights and stuff like that.

Plus it probably gets more people entering becaus they don't have to pay anything.

This is sort of related.......

Saw an advert the other day, basically was a woman on the roof of a train running along ducking for bridges etc, and eventually jumps through a window into a carrige.

Then..... it cuts to an end on view of a new Skoda and says buy it. (Ithink thats how the advert went).

Point is, what did the first lot of balls have to do with the car, and why only show the front end, i.e. you couldn't see if it was a hatchback/estate/saloon etc....

I hate pointless advertising.

Saw an advert the other day, basically was a woman on the roof of a train running along ducking for bridges etc, and eventually jumps through a window into a carrige.

Then..... it cuts to an end on view of a new Skoda and says buy it. (Ithink thats how the advert went).

Point is, what did the first lot of balls have to do with the car, and why only show the front end, i.e. you couldn't see if it was a hatchback/estate/saloon etc....

they try to get the main point in but your right, that advert says nothing of the car, only how athletic women are lately.

there are loads of adverts that annoy me!!! another example is / was the mini ones where the slap someone with the fish i never undertood them or the point

tom tom

I hate adverts.

Except clever ones, that actually have a point.

Like the Honda ones.

They're always good. :)

+ Those ones about 'sponsor a child'...you know, the ones hat go on for about 5mins?

I bet the children the public sponsor, would get so much more money if the companies didn't make such annoyingly long adverts!

I got the point in the first 10s, why drag it on to 5mins?

It's because people under 16 aren't allowed to gamble, and so companies aren't allowed to sell any form of gambling to children. So if they didn't say "no purchase necessary" then they wouldn't be allowed to sell Kit-Kats to children.

something like, "efficient but exciting" they say it almost as a slogan.

Why has he only got one arm?

The best advert on tele at the minute is the Christian Aid one for starving kids...joke.

Its the Stella one, with the preists on ice.

i go with the best advert is the guiness on when they go back through time (de evolve) or the old honda accord advert with all of the parts of the car in a like domino run :rolleyes: or the diesel advert. "hate something,do do do, change something,do do do hate something, change something, make something better, do do do do do do do do do do do do do (whistling),isnt it just bliss, when a diesel goes like this, hate something, change something...."

tom tom

Edited by tom tom

i go with the best advert is the guiness on when they go back through time (de evolve) or the old honda accord advert with all of the parts of the car in a like domino run :rolleyes: or the diesel advert. "hate something,do do do, change something,do do do hate something, change something, make something better, do do do do do do do do do do do do do (whistling),isnt it just bliss, when a diesel goes like this, hate something, change something...."

Ergh, annoying advert :) Other annoying adverts include;

118 118 (is just not 'funny')

Kelloggs Frosties (there gonna taste great...1.Annoying, 2.Faulse Advertising)

Bank Loan Adverts (always on at 2pm for jobless people watching Cartoon Network. Just the fakeness of it

when they smile on the phone because there in more deep shit)

Kwik-Fit advert, with the floating head above the car.

Accident helpline adverts are the ultimate in annoyance.

Always fat ugly people who have slipped over or fell off a ladder or something and are claiming money for being such a waste of space.

Most adverts are annoying, few good ones like honda, guiness, all the carlsberg ones make me laugh as well, because it would be so good if all the stuff they do was actually real.

Theres a 3 network one too, where it's in the future and this wierd lookin guy who looks like my old form tutor is speakin some wierd language and blows out a pink scarf. Just doesn't inspire me in the slightest to switch over to the 3 network, yet it probably cost millions to make. Doesn't make sense at all.

Well the idea is that it advertises its product, and the sheer bizarness of it, has obviosuly made you remember the advert!