• £4.75
    • £5.00
    • £5.25
    • £5.50
    • £50.70
    • £6.00
    • £6.25 +

Delivery driver 17 hours a week while i'm at uni. £10.40 an hour

I don't think i've ever worked for less than £5 per hour, even when i was super young. I think its wrong than anyone gets less than that. It shouldn't matter about their age to that extent imo

What company do you work for out of interest?

I'm 21 and currently earning 16kpa. Will go up to 20kpa in about 2 months time. I'm a professional internet and forum browser estimator for a structual steelworks company. I started working here in November 05 on 12kpa for the first 3 months, then up to 16kpa and then after 6 months 20kpa.

I dont think its bad considering I knew zilch about steelwork when I started.

One of the guys I work with has been doing this for about 4.5 - 5 years and is in his late 20's. I had a sneek look at his payslip, he takes home (after tax) almost £900... a week - and since then has had a "hefty" payrise... He didn't know anything about steel when he started either.

Hammering the 55plate BMW 5 series up to meetings can be fun too :D ... but not as fast as my car :shifty:

Andy P

I don't havea permanant job at the moment due to being a student, but over the summer i am on £260 a week for 40hours, which works out to £6.50 an hour, but this job is plus overtime at £8ish an hour and being harvest i am sure there will be plenty :D

Adam

i do piece work at work so i get paid by the bike i do; working in my lbs simlpy assembling new bikes and pdi'ing.

£8 per bike on so works out to be £10.67 an hour as it takes me on average 45 minutes to build a bike. i only usually work a few hours and go home. :)

it is also important to also take into account the discount that people working in bike shops etc will get. since most of the things i buy are bike related, i save a huge amount of money. i get charged trade price +vat +10%.

Edited by future orange 660

I'm 21 and currently earning 16kpa. Will go up to 20kpa in about 2 months time. I'm a professional internet and forum browser estimator for a structual steelworks company. I started working here in November 05 on 12kpa for the first 3 months, then up to 16kpa and then after 6 months 20kpa.

I dont think its bad considering I knew zilch about steelwork when I started.

One of the guys I work with has been doing this for about 4.5 - 5 years and is in his late 20's. I had a sneek look at his payslip, he takes home (after tax) almost £900... a week - and since then has had a "hefty" payrise... He didn't know anything about steel when he started either.

Hammering the 55plate BMW 5 series up to meetings can be fun too :D ... but not as fast as my car :shifty:

Andy P

Sounds pretty sweet mate, what company is that for? Did you go to Uni?

Just got a new job, At a call centre, So im one of those annoying people who will call you when you having your dinner and try to sell you a newspaper. Alrite though i get £5.05 basic plus commision, so its pretty nuts. (oh and im 16 and 357)

Well don't be offended when I shout obscenities down the phone ! ;) Commision eh` ....there's the problem!

You get paid in relation to what you do. My dad was telling me how last week he saved Cable & Wireless £7million, and that's why he get £10 an hour. In the same respect, accountants, doctors, lawyers etc earn a fortune.

Whilst it may seem unfair that somebody in Halfords gets £5 p/h and only £12k a year, do they really deserve any more in relation to the money they make the company? Probably not. So whilst it seems unfair that somebody can sit at a desk and earn £200 a day, whilst somebody else busts their balls all day for £45, that's the way of the world.

You get paid in relation to what you do. My dad was telling me how last week he saved Cable & Wireless £7million, and that's why he get £10 an hour. In the same respect, accountants, doctors, lawyers etc earn a fortune.

Whilst it may seem unfair that somebody in Halfords gets £5 p/h and only £12k a year, do they really deserve any more in relation to the money they make the company? Probably not. So whilst it seems unfair that somebody can sit at a desk and earn £200 a day, whilst somebody else busts their balls all day for £45, that's the way of the world.

Your dad saved Cable and Wireless £7m and thats why he gets £10p/h?

How does that work? Shouldn't he be on £100+ an hour? Business advisors / executives / managers are on shit loads. International Business Degree to come for me :P

I work at Expect Distribution (www.expectdistribution.com) on £4.50 an hour. Just started with 20 hours a week regularly. I'm 17 and pay gets reviewed in 2 months.

Woop.

Your dad saved Cable and Wireless £7m and thats why he gets £10p/h?

How does that work? Shouldn't he be on £100+ an hour? Business advisors / executives / managers are on shit loads. International Business Degree to come for me :P

I work at Expect Distribution (www.expectdistribution.com) on £4.50 an hour. Just started with 20 hours a week regularly. I'm 17 and pay gets reviewed in 2 months.

Woop.

He doesn't save the company that much money per day, he just spotted a crucial error and sorted it out. The point I'm making is that at Halfords for example, anybody beneath the role of deputy manager has no opportunity to really do anything with regards to improving sales or the way the store works. A postman could never command a decent wage, or demand that he's really good and should get more money, because essentially he just delivers letters. If you work in an industry where there's a lot of money about, you too can make a lot of money, if you work in a local bike shop, the best salesman/mechanic in the world would be lucky to earn more than £16k.

How does that work? Shouldn't he be on £100+ an hour? Business advisors / executives / managers are on shit loads. International Business Degree to come for me

I'm a business advisor and I don't get paid a shit load!

Edited by Extreme_biker0

well im 19, just got home from uni for the summer, and just sorted my hours out till october....

between 2 and 4days a week, 9 - 5.30, bout £6.50 an hour Working in Jessops (camera shop)

This is in guernsey, where the pay is higher, and tax (although i dont get taxed) is lower. Doing the same job in the uk whilst i was at uni, well, saturdays only in Portsmouth, i got a shit £5 an hour for the same company! :o

I don't no what i get an hour but i think its going to be low cause i get paid 24-7 :)i take home every month bout £1100ish and im 18. Pays going up too, thinks its an extra £150 cause i'm now trade trainned and plus i got a 3% pay rise at the start of april so bummed it up to, its all good :)

Army- Recce tank driver :shifty:

Damo

Edit: Spelling

Edited by damo

Hi i am 15 nearly 16, i selected under 16, I get paid £2.60ish and hour so i selected under £3.50, i am not 100% sure how much i get paid an hour as i just started my job two days ago, I am an apprentice plumber. The reason i started at 15 was because i have finished all of my standard grade exams.

I i'm getting a pay rise soon though, to £2.75 an hour :) that is how i know i am under that at the moment.

Cheers Allen.

£5.05 on weekdays, £7.57 on Sundays. I do f**k all work most of the time though, and it's pretty relaxed most days. All good, as far as I'm concerned. They wanted me to be a supervisor, but I turned it down 'cos by working Sundays, I work an hour less per week, but get £40 more per month. Yay :)

Oh, and they just fired all supervisors and department managers and duty managers. Sucks to be on the promotion ladder ;)

£5.05 on weekdays, £7.57 on Sundays. I do f**k all work most of the time though, and it's pretty relaxed most days. All good, as far as I'm concerned. They wanted me to be a supervisor, but I turned it down 'cos by working Sundays, I work an hour less per week, but get £40 more per month. Yay :)

Oh, and they just fired all supervisors and department managers and duty managers. Sucks to be on the promotion ladder ;)

So where you work again :ermm:

Edited by Merlin man