Holroyd

mods

A friend of mine is after a trials bike to start on, he brought to my attention the 24/7 holroyo.

i want to know what it's like it seems reasonable enough, or would he be better with a t - rex or similar. any info would be appreciated, and soz if there has been discussion about this already.

http://www.24sevenbikes.com/BIKESMAIN.html

thx shay.

Edited by mods

loads of factors changed loads of things like ;

how tall is he/she

how much money do they want to spend

have they tried different bikes, if so, which did they prefer?

the best thing to do is have a go on a few at a ride then watch the 2nd hand market, u can pick up a blinding bike 2nd hand and u will usually get good value for money

well, he was into dirt jumping, but wants to move towards trials, i, think i'll advise him to go down the second route, like u said can get a nice bike second hand.

The 24/7 does look gd though imo.

It's danny holroyd's signature bike...

shay

just realsied it's ' holroyd' not holroyo... :$ :P

Edited by mods

maybe because its the name of the bike

John K

WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRONGGGGGGG!

the font on the bike/website may look like "holroyo" *snigger* but if you took the time to read the text - or knew the rider who inspired* it - then you'd see it was Holroyd.

* - i say "inspired" with tongue in cheek - it's such a Zoo Pitbull rip-off it's rediculous!

Really? Check the geometry out... a Pitbull this is not, even if it's built from some of the same catalogue parts.

not "the same" but a distinct rip off of the idea

see:

IPB Image

dual headtube gussets? check

pierced 'wing-shaped' seattube gusset? check

i mean - sure, the Holroyd is even lower and the drop outs are a different design, but it hardly took weeks of labour to come up with the Holroyd. Danny probably walked in to Fraser at 24Seven, sat down and said:

"y'know - i like the Zoo Pitbull, but it needs to be lower and the dropouts are naff, and i like dark grey with a longer headtube - what can you do?"

and that was it! :-

the legions on "long, low and silver" bikes are all looking too similar now, but then i guess that's because there's not much more to change on the basic 'currently fashionable' design

"y'know - i like the Zoo Pitbull, but it needs to be lower and the dropouts are naff, and i like dark grey with a longer headtube - what can you do?"

Yeah, that's right. That's why it has exactly the same geometry, and rides exactly the same (Even though no one on here has ridden one).

The only thing it has in common with the Pitbull is that big gusset. Aside from that, it's one of the most innovative stock frames I've seen for a while (horizontal drops, BMX spacing, different geo etc). Not saying these things are good - I'm definitely not convinced by BMX spacing - but to say it's the same as a Pitbull is just dumb. Just dumb.

I don't really think it's fair to say it's just a copy until somebody has ridden one e.g. t-rex and zoot look similar but ride completely differently.

I think it looks quite good and with a decent price tag I think they'll be onto a winner (Y)

...it's one of the most innovative stock frames I've seen for a while (horizontal drops, BMX spacing, different geo etc). Not saying these things are good - I'm definitely not convinced by BMX spacing - but to say it's the same as a Pitbull is just dumb. Just dumb.

guys - i don't wanna get into a war here, but my point was that the 24Seven Holroyd is hardly the most innovative looking bike out there.

horizontal drop-outs were used on the DiamondBack T-1/T-10 a while ago, and i don't see any great advantage to having BMX spacing either but it's "the look"..."the design" of the 24Seven that didn't really depart from a bike like the Zoo Pitbull.

Not saying these things are good - I'm definitely not convinced by BMX spacing - but to say it's the same as a Pitbull is just dumb. Just dumb.

BMX spacing official sucks balls. The 24 7 looks alright, its nothing new and revolutionary which would be amazing if it was. Danny seems to be coping well with it.

thanks for reply's guys, in my opinion i think he shoud get something secondhand, cus we all know how much we mashed our first bikes.. i told him this and he took my point so i think he sway more toward the secondhand route as well.

imo 24/7 seem to have made a gd effort with that bike, but will prob get slated as do a lot of new things.