Genny Got Better

Mr Motivator

haha it looks cool and different, keep it for the skatepark trips and street missions(the not too trialsy parts i mean), haha good effort pal, how...erm :ermm: different. but keep it for centimental value. but how does it actually ride??? honestly, compared to a 'real' trials bike.

i dont like all these negative comments, tis daft!

cool frmae and GREAT effort on this one!

hopefully i'll be building my own frame soon, can't wait :) got any tips?

Will

yeah fair play for building the frame, but the frame looks very uncomfortable to ride and out of place, hence the negative comments.

i think its proper cool that he built his own frame though.

I am seriously suprised you are riding it with that geo!!!

What's wrong with the geo?

Stays look shortish, BB isn't too low. Head angle is...um... interesting! OK it looks pretty short, but some people like that (Also with a head angle that steep, it'll feel longer than it is). What is the geo anyway Sam?

where do I start :-

UBER short wheelbase, now that wouldnt be a problem normally, but it has fecking 50+mm of bb rise!! normally you need an uber long wheelbase to counter the cramped feeling, now I know he has a (bloody super massive fecking amazingly) steep headtube, that will make it feel longer, but it will be sooooo nervous! you would ride along, hit a grain of sand and go over the bars, even more so with that long stem on too.

If its a streety bike, lower bbs are a LOT nicer, the bike wont feel like toppling over when your on it, bunnyhops are nice, so are manuals and taps. TAPS forgot about them, the slacker the head angle, the easier taps are (within reason), I wouldnt dare try a tap on that bike in fear of the dentist bill I would recieve.

other than the wacky geo, its cool, I am all for home made frames, especially simple double diamond ones (and having a seat is a real bonus, keep it on (Y) )

What's wrong with the geo?

Stays look shortish, BB isn't too low. Head angle is...um... interesting! OK it looks pretty short, but some people like that (Also with a head angle that steep, it'll feel longer than it is). What is the geo anyway Sam?

1002 wheelbase

55+ bb

400 stays

I didn't plan on having that geo, infact I didnt plan any geo. Just made it up as I grinded.

Summary

good effort, glad to see people are trying things as opposed to whining about why the newest frame out is shite

seat, down to opinion, not for me ta

tubing choice, bad boy! where are all the other square tubes frames these days? stand on other peoples shoulders..not sniff their balls!

anyway this gets me another post so i'm off riding now bye