Heatsink's Silver 24uk

Heatsink

Top Ride Steve!

Much better than I was expecting the tyre's really add originality to the setup and the grey/black/red makes your old school burns look less obvious ...which is good.

Looks nice, I'll have to have a bash on Sunday (Y)

Olly.

Looking good steve. Will you be out on that beaut on sunday??

I certainly will be!

how the dick did you get your grind so neat?

Just about to ask the exact same question... It looks so sharp, i want that grind!

Whats your secret in getting that nice grind?

I didn't realise that it was looking so neat! I guess it's from holding the angle grinder in such a way that it contacts uniformly with the rim. There are probabily messy bits too which aren't shown in the photo. Something to study on Sunday if anyone's interested :lol:

.... the tyre's really add originality to the setup and the grey/black/red makes your old school burns look less obvious ...which is good.

Looks nice, I'll have to have a bash on Sunday (Y)

Olly.

The tyres had to go on after I saw them in Billys Cambridge! Aside from giving the bike an original look, you have to feel how smooth running they are too with their twin rail design. Incredible! I accept no responsibility for them being rubbish for traditional trials though, although I've been finding they offer enough grip oin edges too.

bluddy arsh grind :P got some money coming your way on friday i think. for red material ;) now is that "super harsh grind time" material or "slightley worn grind" material? not a big fan of the forks but apart from that, lavarlay.

The blue pads in plastic backings are good for all grinds or smooth rims. For CNCed backing the red pads are better for glueing to the Alu and other reasons I reckon.

Looks awsome in silver steve best colour for that frame imo, very tidy bike you have there (Y)

I thought I'd build a silver frame up to show how good they can look aswell as the other colours.

Thanks for all your comments so far!

Steve

very cool bike, still prefer the original blue though.. :) one thing steve, i'm still waiting for my heatsink blues on CNC backings from when i ordered my frame...like a looong time ago, and you han't answered my emails :

EDIT: Rhythm_101 on bros account

Edited by club_card

Hi Sam,

I've sent off a couple of emails recently including one in the early hours of this morning - Did they not come through? I didn't get a response to the last one so maybe that should have showed me something was up!

Some upgraded pads and spares will be winging their way to you very soon, just need your address confirmed because I had a conflict between one mentioned in emails and the paypal one. Pop me a PM/email to sort it out :)

Steve

very cool bike, still prefer the original blue though.. :) one thing steve, i'm still waiting for my heatsink blues on CNC backings from when i ordered my frame...like a looong time ago, and you han't answered my emails :

EDIT: Rhythm_101 on bros account

Nice lookin bike there mate, kinda old-school but unique at the same time :)

One question without tryin 2 hijack the thread, are both the red and blue pads fine for smooth or ground rims? Have a vee on the front of my leeson and want to get something other than standard pads! Have got Zoo! pads on back on smooth with tar and they work mint, just curious to how well yours would run in comparisson. Mite have to grab some red vee ones in the cnc'd back, cos it looks proper pimp!

Cheers

M@

.... Have got Zoo! pads on back on smooth with tar and they work mint...

As Mr Tart famously said, a chipolata would work with tar! A good brake pad shouldn't need tar to perform well. Smooth rims do require cleaning to avoid greasing up of the surface, but I would try and avoid using that horrid tar if you can.

I've had some nasty incidents due to variability of a tarred rim's grip (the amount applied being hard to get exact) and the fact that pads stick to the rim....Good brake pads plus a good understanding of how to keep your rim surface ideal is the way forward I think.

I'd recommend both the red and blues for smooth or ground rims. I know riders are using them for both sorts of rims and are giving me the thumbs up. The main difference is that the red pads are slightly harder which suits the characteristics of the more rigid CNCed backings.

Steve

looks good mate, but i dont like the forks apart from tha really nice. How much would you say an average spec of a 24uk bike would cost, if my toxsin sells then i might look into building one a bit more (dont want 2 bike otherwise i would probably end up riding this one all the time).

thanks

Callum

nice one steve (Y)

are those twin rails different to standard ones or are they just funky colours

These grey and black ones are dual compound, with the grey edges being softer for increased grip when cornering apparently. I just picked them because of the colours! I got them from CRC who haven't got their photos up yet but are cheaper than me ordering/going in person to get them from Billys in Cambridge:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=12382

The standard tyre is available in black, pink or green.

Here's the full info from Billys in Cambridge:

http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?...tyha-24twinr-tt

looks good mate, but i dont like the forks apart from tha really nice. How much would you say an average spec of a 24uk bike would cost, if my toxsin sells then i might look into building one a bit more (dont want 2 bike otherwise i would probably end up riding this one all the time).

thanks

Callum

Well, when designing the frame I wanted as many components to be transferable from a stock bike to a 24UK as possible so that making the switch is as cheap and easy as possible. If you're running a front disc on your old 26", then you could build a complete 24UK only needing a pair of wheels and tyres. I wanted to get hold of some riser bars instead of straight bars, I had a seat lying around already and an array of unused seat posts. I also wanted some forks with Vee bosses moved down for 24" wheels. So on top of the components I already had from my old 26", I bought the following parts second hand through TF:

• A pair of second hand wheels including tyres and tubes
  • Pashley stock forks with bosses moved down by Clive Leeson
  • A set of riser bars
This came to just over £100 second hand and I was away! I also bought a seat post shim and a seat clamp from CRC which came to an additional £10..

Steve