And Now For Somthing Completley Different

Ali C

I FINALLY finnished my street/bmx/dirt jump/ trials bike mk2

It rolls on 24" wheels and was origionally a diamondback lucky 24 cruiser (bought off leedstrials)

I thought the rear seatstays were pretty ugly so I hacked them off and got iolo to weld on some new ones and also improve tyre clearence.

I also made the dropouts smaller and lighter and cut the seat tube clamp area down and now use two bolts on the seat tube to clamp the seat (they need cutting down) it works really well.

it rides really nicley, manuals like a bitch!!! I did a death grip manual for nearly 100 meters on my 2nd attempt. it also bunnyhops really well (maybe too well! I keep on looping out lol)

I have got shimano hone cranks on, shimano dx bmx hubs front and rear and dx v brakes, an old school x-lite fly stem with a gusset open prison 3" rise steel bars (REALLY NICE) the seat is an sdg I beam affair and I stand on atomlab pedals.

heres some pics:

BEFORE:

IPB Image

AFTER:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

let me know what you think

What do you reckon to the Hone cranks compared to your Middleburns?

the hones are fine, but I wouldnt have them on my trials bike, cant get a cog any smaller than 22 tooth and 4 bolt bashes are massive!!!

I wouldnt expect any vids soon, I am SHIT at bmx!! I seriously cant ride ramps to save my life (N) I need to practise.

thanks for the nice comments :)

I swear I already posted this... (if a mod removed it, I'm sorry)

I'm just curious as to why you chose 24" over a BMX for street/park type riding?

I had a bmx and I found 20" wheels too small.

yeah, your right ben, there is bb rise :(