Street Or Natural Riding

lil wilkins

more dangerous!!!!! I think not :-

I was at shipley glen yesterday and did a gap from one cliff to the other with a 30ft drob beneath!! Also theres a sidehop up a rock with a 20ft drop straight ahaead of you, so if you drop the front wheel, you f**ked.

Anyone guess I like natural more? :-

Natural hands down. I have to get a lift to any natural places but when i get there the journey is worth it so it is all good (Y)

I find when you ride natural stuff it allows you to be more creative, and improves basic bike control no end. I suppose street stuff is ok, but i only ride it when i can't get to any natural stuff, and i find it less fun as usually it is always the same walls or same drop so i get a bit bored of it.

Yeah i don't think you can say street is more dangerous, and nor can you claim that makes it better. Take for example: if you are on a top of a rock surrounded by more rocks that are lower down, if you slip and try to jump its either going to be a twisted or broken ankle(unless you're lucky), and you don't even have to be high for that to happen.

Edited by huck_it

more dangerous!!!!! I think not :-

I was at shipley glen yesterday and did a gap from one cliff to the other with a 30ft drob beneath!! Also theres a sidehop up a rock with a 20ft drop straight ahaead of you, so if you drop the front wheel, you f**ked.

Anyone guess I like natural more? :-

If you are on the right places natural may apparently be more dangerous... :P

But you are a natural rider, so you know all the places :P

If you are on the right places natural may apparently be more dangerous... :P

But you are a natural rider, so you know all the places :P

Depends on what "dangerous" means. If it's defined by how easy it is to brake a leg or get clobbered on your back, than natural is more dangerous. If you fail to do something and fall back, you may very often not be able to land on anything that's flat and safe. I really f**ked my ankles this summer when riding natural just because I found myself in situations where my leg would fall into a hole or land at an angle.

I am not really sure, I mostly ride street because it is easier to get to and there is more of it around than natural (as I live in Abingdon, near oxford and there isn't much natural here! lol) :rolleyes:

but the limited number of times I have rode natural I have really enjoyed it because I feel you need to be a lot more technical with it. however neither is easier or harder as long as you push your limits the same amount on both it is all hard. :)

hi

i ride alot of street around colchester

but sometimes like to do some natural in the woods near me

what do you prefer?

i prefer street but i live near some woods but there isn't much there! i think i would enjoy natural if i find the right place

cheers, nathan

Kinda like both just as much.. but natural riding is always the best way to learn new techniques and to improve your overall riding. Compared to street, where everythings mostly right angled, rocks vary alot. You can never get 2 rocks that are exactly the same.. ;)

i prefere to ride street to around southend and we tend to adventure off to new areas whenever we get board. if we cant find anywere new we just go off and do a little bit of natural in belfairs woods on the logs or we go down the sea front and play about on the rocks as well as having a laugh it improves our balance