The Lost Thread

JT!

That was two weird russian guys working for Des's gf. They saw the blip on the screen when the hatch blew up.

Ah yes, and that brings me to the point i was going to make earlier, the hatch blowing up was similar to when they moved the island, so they must have moved it twice though Desmond didn't die.

Lol and jack saying "see you in another life brother" in a scottish accent, ha

Also what was the area/island called, Mibatu or something, does anyone know if thats real or made up name

Edited by Sonny Clarke

I'm curious, how many of the Lost lovers (myself included) can rewatch the episodes and still enjoy them on a high level?

For me Lost is a very exclusive whore of a show, you'll watch it that one time and it'll blow your mind, the second time around (if indeed there is one) you know the tricks, you know what'll happen (like with any second viewing) but it won't push the buttons. For example, The Constant, that whole episode was awesome, the phone call at the end especially, but I think if I was to watch it now it wouldn't have nearly the same effect.

I'm aware you can apply this to any media medium, but for instance I've been watching the Simpsons for over 16 years and I could still watch the first episodes I watched and get a kick out of them. Some things you can even watch straight after you've finished watching them if you're that into it.

But Lost - I dunno, I don't think I'd get anything remotely close to the first feeling on a second watching, let alone third, fourth, fifth, sixth etc. I guess it's the nature of it too, you have to know the story to be able to enjoy it (though I've never watched season 1, admittedly), each show as an entity is great but you need to be clued up on it to get the most from it. Again with the Simpsons (or Futurama, South Park, Seinfeld, Spaced, Family Guy, American Dad - the list goes on) example, I sometimes grab a DVD and stick on a random episode with dinner. You couldn't do that with Lost, it's not got that 'pick up & play' aspect to it.

Meh, just curious as I said!

I'm curious, how many of the Lost lovers (myself included) can rewatch the episodes and still enjoy them on a high level?

For me Lost is a very exclusive whore of a show, you'll watch it that one time and it'll blow your mind, the second time around (if indeed there is one) you know the tricks, you know what'll happen (like with any second viewing) but it won't push the buttons. For example, The Constant, that whole episode was awesome, the phone call at the end especially, but I think if I was to watch it now it wouldn't have nearly the same effect.

I'm aware you can apply this to any media medium, but for instance I've been watching the Simpsons for over 16 years and I could still watch the first episodes I watched and get a kick out of them. Some things you can even watch straight after you've finished watching them if you're that into it.

But Lost - I dunno, I don't think I'd get anything remotely close to the first feeling on a second watching, let alone third, fourth, fifth, sixth etc. I guess it's the nature of it too, you have to know the story to be able to enjoy it (though I've never watched season 1, admittedly), each show as an entity is great but you need to be clued up on it to get the most from it. Again with the Simpsons (or Futurama, South Park, Seinfeld, Spaced, Family Guy, American Dad - the list goes on) example, I sometimes grab a DVD and stick on a random episode with dinner. You couldn't do that with Lost, it's not got that 'pick up & play' aspect to it.

Meh, just curious as I said!

Hit the nail on the head! :)

I very rearly watch old lost episodes. It's like a mate telling you a story. Then telling you it again the next day.

erm, Ben is supposedly now banished from the island by jacob.

Whoever moves the island can never return to it

and in one of the flash forwards, he was found by 2 arabic men on camels with AK's in the desert, he then killed them, and stole their camel(actually they might of been horses, think my minds just stereotyped arabian men to riding camels here), at a guess when

he moved the island and turned the wheel at the bottom, he was transported elsewhere, and ended up waking up in the desert

Don't forget that Ben confronted Penny's Dad about the island and killing his daughter for revenge.

I'm thinking that he can't return to the island after moving it because he can't find it anymore.

Now its a race to get back to the island between Ben and the other guy.

Which is why Ben is gathering the oceanic 6 plus john. Not forgetting Desmond, whilst picking up Desmond he could get revenge too by killing Penny.

Then you get the whole story about the terrible things happening on the island since they left.

I very rearly watch old lost episodes. It's like a mate telling you a story. Then telling you it again the next day.

Yea do you remember the adverts on C4 ageeeees ago say, "ones a tortuer, ones a spinal surgen" etc etc. I would also like to see them but the box sets would be £50+ and the download/stream would take a while.

God what am i going to do when Lost finishes, i love it so much and a i was thinking watching the season finale today, what other series has charecters like Hurley and don't get me started on the plot!

ive watched lost from series 1 to 3 about 3 times now. Just to pick up on anything i missed and make sense of old plot lines they have just tied up in the newer episodes.

I have all the high quality tv rips on my computer as ive downloaded them from series 1

I think comparing lost to something like the simpsons is kinda stupid as its a completely different genre of tv show. the simpsons and other sitcoms are self contained episodes where lost is a longer story telling thing. You cant really just sit down and watch a quick episode of lost like you can the simpsons, it would be just like watching one short scene of a simpsons episode... only longer.

That's what I was saying (edit: actually, no I didn't, I forgot to write about that - silly brain), I was just curious to see if people were as into this program as I am with my favourite show(s) and indeed whether they'd be comfortable watching them in the same style. Nice responses though, though I was hoping there'd be some h-core Lost fans :P

I've not really watched since S1. What have a missed? I heard they got off the island...

Fill me in... PHIL ;)

locke and kate had a baby that went back in time and became the smoke monster, charlie and mr eko had corpse-sex

You know when Ben turned the donkey wheel thing to move the island, the room was cold and he had a puffy jacket on. In the episode when he ended up in the desert, this was after doing that, but he seemed suprised to be there. What if you end up in a hot desert or a cold desert?? Then through some crazy time passage, this would explain how the polar bears got onto the island. Then they go off the same way somehow, and then that archiologist found the skeletons of the polar bear with the dharma collar on in the desert.

Lost does run away with my head sometimes trying to work stuff out, but does anyone think I'm talking a bit of sense haha?

Edited by mod_rider

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I still dont know what the smoke is...

Ive only seen the 1st series though, i think its high time i sat and watched them all.

I'm pretty sure if you didn't have a job or any kind of outside life you could watch them all just before the first ep of season 5.

If anyone can do it, you can.

GO DAVE!

I'm pretty sure if you didn't have a job or any kind of outside life you could watch them all just before the first ep of season 5.

If anyone can do it, you can.

GO DAVE!

Ive got sugery on thursday, then a week on the sofa.

perfect.

now i need to either learn how to work torrents. or find the box sets!