Snowboarding

pinky

Im thinking about going away for like 4/5 days snowboarding in december, Can any recommend somewhere where they HAVE been that is nice and cheap with food/accomodation/beer and loose women.

I was thinking on the lines of bulgaria as it would be nice to visit a unusal country that not many people have gone to.

any suggestions appreciated :)

pinky

if wanna just go maninly for the ski/bord what ever i say france its close and cheap as f**k. andorra is also nice

be brave rent ur shit here take it to france bum on to one of transfers and find a b and b although most of the mountains are 3hours+ away from airport so if u get stuck there ur fuct.

Edited by Davetrials

Im thinking about going away for like 4/5 days snowboarding in december, Can any recommend somewhere where they HAVE been that is nice and cheap with food/accomodation/beer and loose women.

I was thinking on the lines of bulgaria as it would be nice to visit a unusal country that not many people have gone to.

pinky

Take a look at Action Outdoors I went with them with some friends to Tignes in the French Alps and their system is really good. You stay in a kind of youth hostel with up to 4 people in a room and the prices include full time lessons (if you want or need them) and all food, lift passes and equipment hire as well. I had my reservations before we went but it worked really well and was properly organised. Not sure if they do anything as far afield as Bulgaria but if you can find somewhere you like the look of they're worth a go.

Dave

if wanna just go maninly for the ski/bord what ever i say france its close and cheap as f**k. andorra is also nice

be brave rent ur shit here take it to france bum on to one of transfers and find a b and b although most of the mountains are 3hours+ away from airport so if u get stuck there ur fuct.

I wish every member was informative as you dave :)

Take a look at Action Outdoors I went with them with some friends to Tignes in the French Alps and their system is really good. You stay in a kind of youth hostel with up to 4 people in a room and the prices include full time lessons (if you want or need them) and all food, lift passes and equipment hire as well. I had my reservations before we went but it worked really well and was properly organised. Not sure if they do anything as far afield as Bulgaria but if you can find somewhere you like the look of they're worth a go.

Excellent cheers for that (Y)

Edited by pinky

I was every member was informative as you dave :)

Excellent cheers for that (Y)

I went to northern greece (parnassos I think) for snowboarding a year or two ago - that was kind of cool. There were blizzards every day so we only got one day boarding but we had plenty of fun in the bars and digging the car out of snowdrifts on the top of mountains during complete whiteouts for the rest of the week.

you don't get all that many loose women in greece - I only met a couple - but it was cheap getting out there

Edited by poopipe

pinky

I went to bulgaria in january of this year.

I wont be going there again :lol:

Things were cheap...women were dirty, but the snow/piste's were f**king dire.

Oh welll, i just booked canada for january...AGAIN :D:D

We're planning on driving to france this year. With 4 people in the car it should cost about £40 in petrol each, there and back (hopefully, thats guessed). Accomodation is about £40 each too. Lift pass... about £90 I think? Which is £170 in total, plus food, beer etc. Oh.. and board rental.

Oh welll, i just booked canada for january...AGAIN :D:D

Argh, you bitch. I want to go to Whistler :( Out of interest, how much is it gonna cost you?

I'm going on the 15 December for 8 days (6 days actually boarding I think) - We're going with Manchester Uni so that's not much use to you I guess. But check out SkiTheEdge, we went with them twice. Very much budget (youth hostels etc) but good prices.

Tom, it depends where you go, but at peak times a "regional" lift pass is likely to be more than that I think. I bought a 4 day one for £80 for (Ports Du Soleil). But still, that sounds like a good way to do it. I'm tempted to do something like that.

I've never been anywhere apart from the Alps, but I can't complain. There has always been good snow, and it's always been amazing B)

Hemsedal in Norway's the best place I've snow boarded, 3+ feet of lush powder on the sides of the runs and lush runs, the only downside is that its about -20 on top of the mountan :P

Italy was soooo shit soooooooooo shit.

Alpe de huez or something in France was good, even though it didn't snow when we were there they made fresh powder anyway, and there's a board park, same as norway.

Alpe de huez or something in France was good, even though it didn't snow when we were there they made fresh powder anyway, and there's a board park, same as norway.

I went there once, and thought it was really good. But isn't it a bit limited? We only went for a day but managed to do most of the runs. And cause an avalanche :rolleyes:

I went there once, and thought it was really good. But isn't it a bit limited? We only went for a day but managed to do most of the runs. And cause an avalanche :rolleyes:

Yeah I know what you mean, its a nice place to go though, the club's and food's okish and there's some good run's. everyone know's the real fun's off piste anyway :P

Nick (Prawn) and I will be driving to Andorra with a few others this new year for a weeks skiing. I get discouted rates though, as my dads an instructor over there , and has a share in an apartment. Looking at doing the whole lot for £250per person (ferry, pertrol, ski hire, lift passes, accomodation) excluding food + going out. Might end up a little over that though. Unfortunately i dont think theres any space left in the discovery. expensive if you dont fill the car.

I have never been snowboarding before either.

In Januray a few of us are going to Andora for a week.

£460 its costing.

That includes, flights, accomodations, breakfast, dinner, Lift pass, board and boot hire, 2 hours instruction a day.

I dont think thats too bad for 6 days.

Well looking forward to it

£460 its costing.

That includes, flights, accomodations, breakfast, dinner, Lift pass, board and boot hire, 2 hours instruction a day.

I would definitely recommend learning before you go on a dry ski slope (or indoor snow if you live near Castleford/MK). That way you won't waste the first 3-4 days of snowboarding on stupid stuff like sideslipping :)

Im probaly going on my own with the intention of meeting people there, which I presume for accomodation means I will have share with some fat german people

I reckon there's a god chance they'll stick you in with other english people. When I went there were 6 of us and we were given 2 rooms between us and shared with another english guy.

If you do try and learn the basics before you go out, make sure you get someone who knows how to do it to show you. It's very easy to be a bad snowboarder but if you do it right it'll be worth it in the long run.

As for the lessons, when you arrive they'll ask you if you've done it before and put you in a group of similar ability. I'd never been before so was put in the 'beginners' group but was upgraded after 2 days 'cos me and another guy were kicking ass lol.

Dave

Oh yeah, and Mr McCaw, is that with Action-outdoors?

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

£460 its costing.

Where exaclty are you staying? and when will you be there. thats a damn good price for that time of year. Nick and I will be there 28th dec to 5th Jan (roughly). We will be staying in an apartment in Soldeu.

Will you be staying in Soldeu, El tarter, or Pas de la Casa? and which hotel?

might have to meet up lol.

Hemsedal in Norway's the best place I've snow boarded, 3+ feet of lush powder on the sides of the runs and lush runs, the only downside is that its about -20 on top of the mountan :P

Italy was soooo shit soooooooooo shit.

ive bladed*f**k you bum boi boarders* there and it was awsome manged to cover most of it but did ALOT of of peist stuff as well

was awsome.

when i went to Bulgaria it was fairly crappy, the snow was shite, the women looked like men (although there where a few decent ones), the hotel was boring and there was basicly nothing to do out and about. this was my first skiing trip though so i still thought it was ace :)