Custom Frame Design

Zoo_Monkey

iv been wanting to design my own frame for a while - this is what iv done so far, its taken from bikes iv ridden in the past and the current stuff out there, hopefully ill get this one done over the winter.

was just interested in what people think on the geo and overall look of the frame so far

its going to be steel, dedicated 4bolt (i have the mounts ready to brase on :D ) probably horisontal dropouts and BMX/mod spacing - prob run it with a profile.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/so...steelframe1.jpg

thanks for reading - sol

yea sorry - 26" it is - always forget to put the most important bits in my posts :$

im trying to get a nice short back end - when iv done the full 3d modle ill be able to tweek the design but as iy is im pretty sure there will be enough room on the back end - will have to see

id be working on it now but i got a job interview in 50 mins :blink: scaired!

more will be done thisevening me thinks

ist just autocad costs abit to buy but then its only a small program and quick to download if thats your kind of thing

good for drafting / teck drawings etc - im not a fan if it to modle in though but precicse never the less

if you are going to get some software id recoment solidedge - its realy good for metal work and has FEA stuff as standard i think - cant remember i cant find my copy anywhere and i actualy payed for it. :$

AutoCAD's balls. Really. Solidworks, Solidedge, Pro Engineer, they are what your looking for...

agrees - but it has its place and i can import the files straight to alias for rendering and ideas masterseries for CNC work - which is what i do most.

do like solid edge though - good for sheet metal work iv found, but iv not realy used it in a profesional capacity.

wtf?!?!?! :blink::blink::blink::blink:

I say jib of the bmx spacing its a shite idea lol.

how so? im not realy interested in gears and the dishing on a bmx/mod wheel is better - making a stronger wheel

Edited by Zoo_Monkey

Just to clarify, does the wheelbase say '1030' or '1080' really squashed up?

I've found Solid Edge great so far for bike stuff at home, but we're using Inventor 7 in college, which I'm not liking as much, because you have to draw it roughly then go back and add dimensions, rather than just drawing it dimensioned in the first place. (N)

Thats as far as I got with drawing my 24" frame in Solid Edge before I got distracted or fell asleep or something:

IPB Image