26/20!

Mr_Pitbull

im in probably 1 of the biggest predicament of my life. Most of the boys round our end have moved to 26.....including 1 of my good friends Abdab :D. Theres something stopping me from going 26 and i just dont know what.....

If i was to get a 26 id get the stock Mod control in long. If not id move onto the 07 python. Ive already got a few new parts ready to build the 26 up with including a CNC Zoo stem......just dont know whether i will benefit from it.

Btw i started off on a 26....my old Giant trials team and when i met chris and craig i was pursauded into 20 and its kinda stuck there :ermm:.

Anyone else been in this position..... Discuss.

I was like you, started on 26" and moved to 20". I decided to go 26" again and its the best thing I ever did, go for it, you wont regret it (Y)

Did you not struggle with anything at first? such as gaps and sidehops?

Ive really got my technique dialled with these long chainstays at the moment it seems i cant flick anything around that has short chainstays anymore.......seems im going to have to adapt to a new set up.

to be honest ride what you want to ride, i moved from a 20" monty to a 24Seven Holroyd. Best move ever. But if you comfortable on a mod why move? Wait till you mates have a stock then try theirs, see how they feel, may not like it.

I can tap a stock pretty decent and supposidly my styles alot better :ermm: according to squince. Its not the fact i feel comfortable, its more of getting a 26 and knowing i will improve......also learning with my mates again and sessioning taps etc just sounds like more fun. 20 inch really is all about sidehopping and thats what i dont like.

(Y) i rode 26 since i started, then when i got a job i thought its time for a change as i rode a bag of shite, then i brought a beautiful levelboss, i enjoy riding it but am thinking of getting a 26 due to the fact i miss the way you can hurl a 26. (Y) Edited by Snowy

I've been thinking about going to a 26" theres a guy who would swap me his bike (oldschool saracen with a bashplate and a tiny BB rise) when he's got some better bits on it (i.e pro2) just not sure how i'd get on with the oldschool geometry 'cause i'm a python pusher lol. Would going stock do much for my riding?

I'm sure people swapping from mod to stock is like a new trend. Everyone's doing it now, its redickalickalickalus! Saying that, I thaught about doing it myself about a month ago.

If I was you, I'd get a mate to let me steal their stock for the next couple of rides. That way you can see weather you would actually be any good on one. I did that, found out i was rubbish, so didn't bother swapping and i lived happily ever after.

;)

im thinking of making the opposite move :S but not particularly because i want to just cos im a short arse (5"7) and i reckon il get on with a mod better. although im doing okay at the moment i just reckon once i get my techniques dialled i wont have enough power to go bigger on account of being short and fat :(

i ride stock and id class myself as a stock rider, however i do have a mod which i bought a couple of month ago and i love it, its flick and amazing to bunnyhop and sidehop. however it is a monty, so its like super short. a python handles alot like a stock, eg hard to bunnyhop and more rear wheel biased. so id say if your thinking of going stock then go 4 it, it wont be hard to adjust and you can benefit from larger wheel and a bigger more comfortable bike. they look better too, and you feel like your on a real bike not just a sidehop machine