Piercings

Dr. Nick Riviera

I have clear retainers in mine, purely because I don't want to take them out, but I don't care about having them in, mine are Bioplast ones with spikes on the end. Most people don't notice they're there, some say "have you got something on your face".

If i get snakebites, can i put those clear retainers in straightaway? or how long will i need bars/rings in before i can put the retainers in

Cheers

-Charlie-

Well after about 3-5 days it stops hurting and the swelling goes down, and you should be able to swap them out straight away, but i'd leave it a few (4-6) weeks til they're completely healed. Then i'd get the shortest retainers you can find, I think mine are 10mm, but I could probs get away with 8. If you swapped them out as soon as the swelling went down then as long as you dont piss around and touch it all the time you'll be fine. You just need to keep your hands off it to let it heal. For the record my second one I cleaned for a week or so until the crusty shit stopped coming out of it then just left it really. They're pretty low maintenance.

Any one know how old you gotta be to get you're Tat done ? Does it hurt like f**k ?

16, with parental consent, apparently. 18 however is the norm.

yeah 18 with a form of id or 16 with a parents permission.

mosts artists won't do someone under 18 unless it's something really special though. it's not something you want to rush into.

as for pain, well i've heard mixed veiws (I haven't got one myself) my mate who's an artist says some people love the pain and others hate it. he's even had a couple of women take an orgasm because of the pain :blink:lol.

Edited by G4vyn

It's illegal to tattoo anyone under 18, parental consent or not, that whole thing about parental consent is a giant myth.

If you can get anyone to do you under 18 I'd avoid them like f**k anyway, they are obviously shady and a bit crap if they need to peddle their goods to 16 year olds. Just wait until your 18 and go crazy like me.

Booked up the final 2 sessions of my sleeve, my artist has a 2 month waiting list currently though, sucks.

• 2 months later...

Bit of the bump to the piercing thread.

I've got into streching (how original).

On a 4mm at the mo' (lol), I'll probably take it to an 8mm or 10mm and leave it at that.

I knew my mum wouldn't like the idea, and that my dad would be okay with it (its the same for everything).

So I had an Elizabeth duke stud (as I have had for years), made out that I had lost it and then whacked a 2.5mm in, I said "To be honest I'd rather have it bigger than close up completely".

Now my mum is like "Your not getting your hair cut whilst that is in your ear", as for my dad if it was about when he was younger then he would have probably had it.

I want to get my other ear pierced but I have a small mole near the area which would be pierced, so I don't know if it would affect it or not.

I've got into streching (how original).

On a 4mm at the mo' (lol), I'll probably take it to an 8mm or 10mm and leave it at that.

That's what I said, 8 was the original plan no bigger, then 10, then 12, then they didn't have the tunnels I wanted in 12 so 13, now 14, I have no intention of going any bigger :lol:

lol I said I'd never go past 8mm, on 12 now and really want to go up to a 14, anything bigger than that looks nasty. I think I'm due for another piercing soon but I don't now what to have.

• 1 month later...

ive been thinking about getting my tounge done for a while now and decided to go for it, after all if i really hate it that much i can always take it out and just wanted to ask a few questions.

first of all what should i look for when im in the place before getting it done, any certificates and equipment in particular. also does anyone know of any respectable shops fpr tounges in portsmouth

should the piercer be looking for anything on my tounge first, arteries etc

how would they numb it, if at all

what is the pain like during, already had my lobe and tragus done, tragus was numbed, how can i compare a tounge to them.

also how is the pain afterwards, is it more an ache or real pain

what aftercare should i take. ive read about non alcoholic mouthwashes. any examples

all help appreciated

Have had my tongue done for like 5 years now, so my memory is abit vague on the process.

Basically, They spray some stuff on you tongue to numb it ( dont swallow it ). The needle going through doesnt hurt at all. Them yanking you tongue out with f**king pliers hurts more lol.

Aftercare..say goodbye to eating for a week. It HURTS WAYYY to much to eat lol. Youll live on soup(cold) LOL and Ice cream.

As for reputable piercers. Ask around you friends if theve have stuff done. Word of mouth is always good enough. Price , I Paid £25 for the piercing and a week later i went back to get a smaller bar.

The 1st night i got it..lying in bed, i regretted it so much. I was like. oh my god what the f**k have i done :( 5 Years down the line, i still have it :P

Hope ive helped.

I've got mine done, didn't have it numbed though. The actual ache is kind of like when you bite your tongue and it lasts for ages sort of pain, if that makes sense? Mine felt weird/hurt and uncomfortable for about 2 weeks, after that your speech won't sound retarded and you will be able to eat properly.

You'll need to wash your mouth out while the swellings going down like 4 times a day after every meal and before you go to bed, a girl I know had hers go all infected and it was proper rank. After that once or twice a day as usual, taking the bar out and washing that too otherwise it smells of death.

I forget I have mine now sometimes, at first it feels proper alien, but after a few weeks you'll be reet, pretty much like any other piercing.

You mentioned looking out for arteries or whatever on the tongue.. Ive heard that if they pierce it in the wrong place you can be paralysed?

This sounds incredibly far fetched to me and Im not saying it to put you off but hey.

They look for veins so they don't pierce it.

I've heard stories of people getting infections and then getting an infection or something in their blood through tongue piercings, but never paralysis, having your eyebrow pierced can paralyse the muscles in the side of your face.

Edit: Don't take my word, I've only heard stories.

Edited by Poisson