Piercings

Dr. Nick Riviera

The swelling won't go down properly for about 2 weeks. Did you clean the bar properly? I'd leave it if I'm honest, just make sure you mouth wash after every meal and before/after sleep. It should be fine mate. :)

Ahh thats good to know! I only asked about the swelling because alot of people i know that have had it done claimed theres didnt even swell atall :S Yeah i cleaned the bar properly, Washed my hand and everything. Hope it's starts to go down soon, I need real food soon haha :P

Thanks (Y)

• 3 weeks later...
Bit of a bump.

I'm getting my lip done tomorrow, sort of bricking it. Anyone here had it done? And what's it like? Does it go like all inflamed then calm down and how long does that take? Does it get in the way when drinking/kissing/eating etc?

Piece of piss, honestly, shop should advise you to go in after 2 weeks and get the shorter bar, that's more than enough time for it to calm down a bit. Avoid smoking, drinking, oral sex for a good couple/few weeks. Kissing will irritate it but purely based on the contact issue.

Just clean it 2 or 3 times a day with salt water and you should be fine to be honest.

First one i got done swole up and stayed swollen for maybe, 2 days or so. Second one didnt swell up atall.

At first it might get in the way/be annoying to eat with for a bit. But you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

Apart from that, It shouldnt really effect anything else.

Delivered, not a great picture.

IMG_0078.jpg

Peice of piss! The worst part was having the clamp put on then knowing at any second I was going to have a needle pushed through my lip. It was nothing! Seriously, not even a flinch. Really weird feeling though. Had to have a 12mm bar on which is huge and go back in a few weeks to get a ring.

Looks good. My advice would be now, To leave the bar in for about a month and a half maybe before you go for a ring.

I changed to a ring after 3 weeks and it stung quite a bit everytime i twisted it around. Stayed like that for a good few weeks aswel.

So dont be in too much of a rush to get the ring in ;)

Ta :D

This bar is staying in for 2 weeks then I'm going back to get a 2mm shorter bar once the swelling has gone down (I really don't see any swelling anyway) Which is all what the lady in the shop who did it recommended and which I read pretty much everywhere on the internet. I was a bit gutted to find out you can't use a ring straight away, but it makes sense. So I'm going to give it a month before I go back to the shop and ask the lady if she thinks it's ready, I wont force it. I'm getting quite used to the bar now anyway.

Tongue was fine in the end, swelling went down after a few days and I'm eating as normal, Don't even notice it's there anymore ^_^

How hard is it to find a place that will do Dermal anchoring? What exactly does the procedure entail?

It's something i want doing but can't reallly seem to find that much info on, or not the kind i want :P

Any helps appreciated ^_^

• 1 month later...

Right, Decided i want to get my tongue pierced(Kinda). And im wanting it done on either side. But cant really see how its going to work if theres veins running down either side of my tongue.

Will they just refuse to do it or do it close to the veins? Deffinitly dont want them to hit/clip a vein anyway.

But also, Got my lip done and it wasnt as sore or anything as i would have expected. Basically want to know what your tongue feels like in comparison to getting your lip done?

So, Anyone want to shed some light on this for me?

My lip was more painful to get pierced although my tongue was more of an inconvinience for a few weeks, very uncomfortable I found. Mine didn't hurt atall when i had it pierced, it was just the 3 weeks after that were pretty shit haha.

They take abou5/10 minutes thourghly examining your tongue before doing it to make sure you're gonna be ok with it, or atleast they did mine (Y)

My lip was more painful to get pierced although my tongue was more of an inconvinience for a few weeks, very uncomfortable I found. Mine didn't hurt atall when i had it pierced, it was just the 3 weeks after that were pretty shit haha.

They take abou5/10 minutes thourghly examining your tongue before doing it to make sure you're gonna be ok with it, or atleast they did mine (Y)

Yeah, A few people have told me that its not acctully the getting it done thats annoying. More the week or 2 after that. With not being able to eat/talk properly and it just generally being a pain in the ass.

Getting my lip felt like getting an injection though, Just the feeling lasted say 10 seconds instead of 2. Tongue feel the same then?

Yeah, A few people have told me that its not acctully the getting it done thats annoying. More the week or 2 after that. With not being able to eat/talk properly and it just generally being a pain in the ass.

Getting my lip felt like getting an injection though, Just the feeling lasted say 10 seconds instead of 2. Tongue feel the same then?

To be honest, the 2/3 weeks after aren't pleasent but they're not that bad really. I managed stuff like, Shepards pie, lasagne etc. Anything that doesn't require too much chewing is ok. Drinkings a problem if you're drinking out of the bottle haha.

Worst part about having it done is the stuff they spray in your mouth, it made me heave haha, and the clamps aren't pleasent either, Much more pleasent than my lip though (Y)

To be honest, the 2/3 weeks after aren't pleasent but they're not that bad really. I managed stuff like, Shepards pie, lasagne etc. Anything that doesn't require too much chewing is ok. Drinkings a problem if you're drinking out of the bottle haha.

Worst part about having it done is the stuff they spray in your mouth, it made me heave haha, and the clamps aren't pleasent either, Much more pleasent than my lip though (Y)

So just the chewy things will be a problem, Thats not to bad then. Im sure i can live on mushy soggy food for a wee while.

Oh, How did drinking from a bottle become a problem? lol Just so im prepared.

Hold on...More pleasent than your lip? When i got my lip done it was fine. No pain, Uncomfort etc. Just clamp it and get the needle through. Was pretty straight forward and simple.

So just the chewy things will be a problem, Thats not to bad then. Im sure i can live on mushy soggy food for a wee while.

Oh, How did drinking from a bottle become a problem? lol Just so im prepared.

Hold on...More pleasent than your lip? When i got my lip done it was fine. No pain, Uncomfort etc. Just clamp it and get the needle through. Was pretty straight forward and simple.

Had mine done about 4 years agoa and from what i can remember it was a pretty shit experience, although that may just be my memory clouding things..

Drinking was a pain because you're tongue swells alot and you can't move it the same as normal, it's all about re-training it from what i've heard/Read. Ohh, Avoid a fork at all costs for atleast a week.

I've only had mine done 2/3 months now and it's all good, no problems with it atall.

Edit: Reading through it seems as though i'm claiming to be a pro, not my intentions atall i'm just sharing with you my personaly experiences, other peoples way differ haah :P

Edited by Adam-Griffin

Had mine done about 4 years agoa and from what i can remember it was a pretty shit experience, although that may just be my memory clouding things..

Drinking was a pain because you're tongue swells alot and you can't move it the same as normal, it's all about re-training it from what i've heard/Read. Ohh, Avoid a fork at all costs for atleast a week.

I've only had mine done 2/3 months or so, these are just my experiences :P

Ahh lol. Thanks :) Doesnt seem too bad then. Might have to go for it.

Never thought of the lack of fork use ill be able to have >_< Eating could very well suck.

One last thing. You didnt lose any movement in your tongue atall from the bar being there or anything?

At 1st, yes. And now i still can't blow a bubble with Chewing gum but nothing more than that haha. Once you get used to it, it's exactly the same.

When i 1st had mine done i contemplated taking it out because it was just akward for eating, drinking etc but i'm glad i didn't now that it's all healed, keeps me entertained when i'm bored ^_^

Let us know how it goes (Y)

And as always, pic or it didn't happen ;)

Just taken it out and had a look, looks pretty bad to me. bit blood etc... Pic in a sec.

post-10541-1257080260_thumb.jpg

Yeah, pretty shit. I put it in when i was in the shower, with vaseline, was a bit of an effort but it went in ok. Then kinda slept on it last night which i reckon might be half the problem, but yeah, it sucks!

Edited by Fixed Pantsâ„¢