Piercings

Dr. Nick Riviera

I do take experienced members sound advice, there is other people who have done this other than this forum you know, there is other people in the world?

just because some senior member of this forum says you should do it in 12 months to 8mm doesnt mean he is right, if you look on actual piercing forums etc it says 2 weeks, depending on how your body takes it, my ear is fine, so why was i wrong to do it this way?

Errm... not that you know this but I actually considered getting my ears pierced and stretching them a few years ago, so I did a bit of research, and every site I went on said to wait like... 6-8 weeks between stretching. Also a number of my friends have stretched ears, a couple of them probably somewhere between 30-50mm, so don't think I know nothing about it you cocky little shit.

Yes it's physically possible to do it overnight, it obviously depends on your pain threshold and how well your body can heal, but in the long run it's going to do irreparable damage like Tom said about scar tissue in your ear lobe meaning they wont be able to be downsized.

Errm... not that you know this but I actually considered getting my ears pierced and stretching them a few years ago, so I did a bit of research, and every site I went on said to wait like... 6-8 weeks between stretching. Also a number of my friends have stretched ears, a couple of them probably somewhere between 30-50mm, so don't think I know nothing about it you cocky little shit.

Yes it's physically possible to do it overnight, it obviously depends on your pain threshold and how well your body can heal, but in the long run it's going to do irreparable damage like Tom said about scar tissue in your ear lobe meaning they wont be able to be downsized.

I havent got scar tissue or scabs etc, I don't think you realise its my ear, and I wont be here moaning my life away like most of you do.

30-50mm, so that must of taken them up to 5 years to get that big, yes?

I'm a cocky little shit, you got that right, but I dont see u doing anything about it, or anyone else.

I'm acctually out this time, cos im gonna be the bigger man, cos im cooler than you :huh: .

I'm out of here

I'm acctually out this time

Please, stop teasing us and fuck off.

EDIT: On topic. I have no piercings nowadays, but I used to have my tongue done twice, my eyebrow and a scaffold. Grew out of them, got rid. Kinda want the tongue ones back though, came in handy.

Edited by JD™

30-50mm, so that must of taken them up to 5 years to get that big, yes?

Pretty much, if you plan on going that big you can't do it fast because there's too much of a risk of getting a blowout and f**king your ears for good, which is exactly what happened to my friend Beth, she tried to go from like 30-35 too fast and her ear pretty much fell apart, had to get it sewn back together on the NHS and now has a saggy earlobe with a hole in it and will have for the rest of her life.

Pretty much, if you plan on going that big you can't do it fast because there's too much of a risk of getting a blowout and f**king your ears for good, which is exactly what happened to my friend Beth, she tried to go from like 30-35 too fast and her ear pretty much fell apart, had to get it sewn back together on the NHS and now has a saggy earlobe with a hole in it and will have for the rest of her life.

Unfortunately JM I don't think he's going to listen, so I wouldn't waste your energy.

I'm a cocky little shit, you got that right, but I dont see u doing anything about it, or anyone else.

You won't have 'seen me' doing anything, but I just did.

Being "a cocky little shit" just because no-one's telling you not to isn't really a great idea. If you want to come across as a complete f**kup all your life by all means go ahead. However, when you grow up and get into the real world, you'll that that being 'a cocky little shit' doesn't really get you all that far.

That goes without saying.

However, it also goes without saying that anyone who thinks that by being able to punch someone their opinion is correct is a f**king idiot. I can't really understand why someone would think that fighting someone would make them 'right'...

That goes without saying.

However, it also goes without saying that anyone who thinks that by being able to punch someone their opinion is correct is a f**king idiot. I can't really understand why someone would think that fighting someone would make them 'right'...

Cos you have just proved you are more right then they are. Yeah? Argue and i'll knock you out blud

• 1 month later...

Ok so i got my ear done, few days later put a 2.5mm stretcher in it but not very far in, gradually put it in over days and now it's at the end of it's 2.5mm, given that it's almost been there since the start, am i right in saying it would have healed around that size and that it's now pretty much healed, as it was like 3 and a bit weeks ago... It doesn't hurt to tug it about any more and it seems fine. Would i be ok to maybe put a 4mm stretcher in there gradually now?

Ok so i got my ear done, few days later put a 2.5mm stretcher in it but not very far in, gradually put it in over days and now it's at the end of it's 2.5mm, given that it's almost been there since the start, am i right in saying it would have healed around that size and that it's now pretty much healed, as it was like 3 and a bit weeks ago... It doesn't hurt to tug it about any more and it seems fine. Would i be ok to maybe put a 4mm stretcher in there gradually now?

if it doesnt hurt, take it out and see if its like raw, or if its just like it would be if it wasnt peirced, if that makes sence, if you feel you are ready to go up a size, do it.

i went from 1.6mm to 10mm in 6 weeks :).... theoretically speaking up to 10mm if you take it out then it will heal back to a normal piercing, anything over 15mm wont heal that well at all...

It's ment to be 8, but a girl i know stretched to 6 and it still hasnt healed properly after more than a year, so meh, it all depends, some people can go to 20 and it will heal, im on 18mm after 3 and abit months.

Hmm, it still looks a bit red inside?

leave it for another week then

Edited by Mat Smith!!

Got my tongue done on Saturday with a really long Plastic bar, I Accidently chewed the bar and it snapped so put another in, problem is the swelling hasn't gone down yet and it's quite tight, do i leave it in and hope it starts to go down or do i go back and get them to put another plastic one in?

I know what would be the Ideal option but it's fecking miles to go, especially if i don't really need to...

mat in all fairness i know a guy who went form 14mm to 20mm in one hit! it all depends on the persons pain theshold and also how stretchy the ear flesh is...

to the guy who recently got his ear pierced.... wait till your current piercing is healed befor you stretch it... its a hassle for waiting but it will be worth it. x

Got my tongue done on Saturday with a really long Plastic bar, I Accidently chewed the bar and it snapped so put another in, problem is the swelling hasn't gone down yet and it's quite tight, do i leave it in and hope it starts to go down or do i go back and get them to put another plastic one in?

I know what would be the Ideal option but it's fecking miles to go, especially if i don't really need to...

The swelling won't go down properly for about 2 weeks. Did you clean the bar properly? I'd leave it if I'm honest, just make sure you mouth wash after every meal and before/after sleep. It should be fine mate. :)