What Annoys You The Most On Your Bike

dozydame

riding when its wet especially on wood. i cant stand it it looks fine and then you end up on your back looking at the sky. this happened to me today when i went up a 1/4 pipe, and setting up rear v-brakes with a fat 19" rear wheel, glad i have no more of that.

right water doesnt randomly turn back into oxygen if it did it would explode when you threw it on a fire i think you might find its bonds to be extreamly strong. water does have AIR bubbles in it that is why break fluid is used it also lubricates th system. i have used water for agis and apart from freezing iv not had any problems as for the seals why would you want to remove them? you cant buy replacments any way i dont understand that bit. ohh and oxidising has nothing to do with oxygen comming out of somthing. and you can use cheaper minral based oils magura rip people off i dont often throw wobblers but if your going to get in a moodie at least know what your on about.

ben

Well if i dont know what im talking about why am i a member and your still stuck here in new members. lol. That didnt mean to sound bitchy by the way. Ahh well if people want to bleed there brakes with water then please go ahead, but what annoys me most is when some random new member is throwing a tantrum about there brake freezing. But then i can say that i told them so. Any way mark my words in a few weeks when it starts to get really cold there will be atleast one topic on here about fozen brakes.

spending money!!! pinches, little things that annoy when pedalling- the slightest wierd feeling as if the cranks wobbling but the crank/bb is fine :S , grips/tires that wear down, scratches on shinny colourful componants (don't mind when the frame gets scratched though) the list could easily continue <_<

Having the heel of my sneaker get caught in on my brake booster.

Those days when you try to ride only to realize that you might as well have spent all those hours on the bike playing checkers.

Next time I need to bleed my brakes I might try the water thing. The guys at heatsink say they do it. Plus how cool would it be to say you get bike equipment out of a pipe in your house?

lol I have to ride 6 miles to get to ride with people lol tis rather annoyin lol

You don't ride those six miles on the mod bike do you? Seatless?!

Edited by justtysen

Well if i dont know what im talking about why am i a member and your still stuck here in new members. lol. That didnt mean to sound bitchy by the way. Ahh well if people want to bleed there brakes with water then please go ahead, but what annoys me most is when some random new member is throwing a tantrum about there brake freezing. But then i can say that i told them so. Any way mark my words in a few weeks when it starts to get really cold there will be atleast one topic on here about fozen brakes.

as im quite bad at english thats about it what you was saying was compleatly wrong and i know there will b a my break went funny in the cold topic but every week there is one on tar or a grind or why when i pump my tyre up it makes a snake noise and doesnt get harder...just dont read them if they annoy you.

ben.

Please please please do NOT bleed your brakes with water. It may give you a slightly smoother feel but will cause you nothing but problems. For one you have to bleed them with a bit of antifreeze to stop them freezing in the cold winter. Your seals in your maggie lever expand with the water and will be a nightmare to remove without destroying them. Also Magura use there oil because it dosnt oxidise, The chemical symbol for water is H2o, This means it contains Hydrogen and OXYGEN, and after time the oxygen will be released form the water creating oxygen bubbles that will destroy your brake.

So please dont bleed your brakes with water, stick to the reccommended oil, magura dosnt speed loads of money filling there brakes with specilalist oil, when they could save a few bob and fill them from the tap!

If you bleed your brakes with water please take all of my rant in consideration and dont complain if you brake goes wrong.

i just got to say right now my front brake has added volcanisity :P its been bled (thanks stan shaw and whoeveres water we "borrowed") with that strawberry water stuff and works rele nice :P

the added volcanisity you cant taste but you can feel :- OBVIOUSLY lol :unsure:

people riding my bike, so i end up riding theirs, then going back on mine and not being able to ride properly for the next 10 minutes

bet it annoys you when forks snap and you have to use other ones with maguras ???? no? lol :ermm:

I get most annoyed when I plan to go out in the evening for a ride but realise that I'm far too knackered and or stiff from being in the gym the night before and end up going to bed, it makes me really cranky.

The way I see it, things brake, just got to live with it, or carry a spare bike parts with you all the time (N)

Which is kind of heavy!!

A bigger problem with water, that i can see, as you're using a closed system, that it's volume varies hugely with both pressure and temperature, and that must cause problems with different temperatures, even before you add freezing into the mix!

Wanting a new bike but not having a job

Maguras, the whole package with them i strip the threads don't seem to bleed them properly and they just piss me off.

Not going out for long periods of time and then goin out to find you can gap further but can't balance or do anything worthwhile.

When you have to use ur TPA adjuster which makes one of your pads rub on your rim, which means you have to swop your pads over to get an even wear and re-grind you rim! And riding in the wet.

Snapping the cross over pipe on HS33's and having to rebleed them all the time.

Edited by KuelMuel