72 Engagments To 48

DGrabiec

For my own reasons, I'll be switing from a 72 engagment hub to a 48 engagment hub.

I'd love to go out and just test the difference myself, but i live up in nothern Canada so there aren't many / any trials riders here. Anyways, of course there is going to be less engagments per revolution of the cranks, but is that difference really THAT big to be worried?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Edited by dandaman555

Boumsong went from a king to a hope mono and after a little while his riding had actually improved, no more random stampage... he was pre-loading them peddles.

Same with conner going from being used to his eno to using my hope xc, after half an hour or so he was fine with it.

I think your chain tension had alot to do with it aswell.

I noticed the difference between a Eno on the front and a rear Profile. I do run longer cranks with the profile though.

But i don't ride trials much so it didn't make any difference to me when riding. The fact that i did notice it to begin with was proberly because i was aware of the engagement change.