Tf Makeover

Danny

TF is reaching a stage in its life with the new ipb2.2 coming out soon which means the skin will need totally reworking from scratch. The question is what would you like to see? Colors? Design Ideas? Features? All serous comments will be considered.

Also if anyone fancies themselves as a budding gfx designer and fancies at designing a new skin contact me HERE.

I like the colour scheme youve got going on to be honest. Maybe a black/grey skin? The blue is bright, mut smart and still fairly subtle, so i like that.

You know where on the member list you've got posts/member number/name etc? can you add a location box to that so you can sort the list by ascending/descending alphabetical member location?

i liked the old skin that had the hope or the chris king in the top right, was a bit darker .. loads nicer and winter is coming so would be well themed being darker.

darker skins? tends to hurt my eyes if the room is dark etc. maybe a way of reporting new members if you think they should be validated? obviously only members can do it so new members don't recomend eachother.

report button

Before anyone goes off suggesting features like a NMC report button or some shit, i do believe Danny is only talking about looks and layout.

I think you should Web 2.0-esque it, solid colours, lots of colour, excellent typography, center it around the portal and give people more of a reason to use the news.

Ooh, if we're on about changes, one thing that annoys me, is when there's a large image uploaded, and makes me have to scroll horizontally to read posts.

Any way of changing that? :)

I quite like how the forum is now though, I didn't really like the darker skin before. The light one seems friendlier. :ermm:

A dark one feels all weird and too 'underground'. Hard to explain. :P

I think you should make it 3d so you can walk around and the threads would be like doors you go into and read the posts on the walls or something.

But no white writing on a dark background. That negative stuff is gonna cause some serious loss of vision for those who visit the forum too often for their health already, me included. ^_^

yep, that would be handy.

Mentioned that the other day, noone took any notice though i dont think, ahwell

I'm not talking about product pictures.

Thats near on impossible without majorly hacking the forum. The forum was designed for discussion, not tell sell stuff and so on, so isn't setup to have stuff like that.

Well what do you think needs changing before the skin?

Well something needs to be done with the forsale / wanted section.

The skin for tf is fine. Why change it?

...actually, after re-reading, it looks like the skin has to be changed so nevermind.

Edited by JT!

Agreed with the dudes who said 'Darker Colours', too bright. I'm colourblind and a lot of the blues look white on here, its not until I piss about with colours on my monitor can I notice it.

Which means that its hard to distinguish from one post to the next (although exaggerating slightly), so a darker shades (greys blacks) or even a darker shade of blue would suffice - colourblind friendly website :) Also, more posts per page! (unless thats a personal option in the control panel?)

i'd like to see a mac style skin the one where it looks sort of metalic that would be cool

Easy to make it look tacky that way. I think the current design, since it was first implemented was very nice and quite up-to-date.

The way forward is blocks of colours, low contrast, etc, which pretty much sums up the way the site is now.

Easy to make it look tacky that way. I think the current design, since it was first implemented was very nice and quite up-to-date.

The way forward is blocks of colours, low contrast, etc, which pretty much sums up the way the site is now.

I'm with him, although perhaps a little bit of a coloured accenting might tart things up a little (yellow/orange always work nicely with the sort of blues you're using at the moment)

and yeah - none of that white text on black background stuff, it's a health hazard