Tf Makeover

Danny

Wurd JT!

If you can put that forward, then i'd like to propose this.

It has something for everyone, light sections, dark sections, pictures in the for sale section, a bigger title.

Contrasting colours so it's easy to read, those brown colours someone mentioned, the pics someone mentioned, have all come together to create this.

IPB Image

Edited by Haz

black backgrounds with light text are like the ultimate forum usability no-no. :closedeyes:

Not a big fan myself, only ever seen it work once (I think) on an old guitar forum.

Will have a play at a lighter one later if it's too wet to ride, but that was more as an extra skin for the people who seem to like darker skins (let's face it, the effort I put in was pretty minimal) :-

^yeh but reading through all this i was thinking why not make one skin (i.e something like this) then just invert it all, change a few colors to 'proper' ones (i know invert can make stuff go teal and fluorescent pink and shit)...and then you have both a light and dark skin.

then again, is it just a simple case of making one, and then swapping a few colours? or do you have to build a whole different one from scratch? i suspect the reason we used to have 3 skins, and now we have one is because of maintenance.

anyhow, i'm with the people that want a darker skin, rather than a lighter one. even just staring at this skin for a while in a dark room/bad light isn't easy on the eye, and it's far from pearl white...

kris' black one up there is pretty much spot on, but maybe not as dark as that, maybe use a dark grey instead of black, and a light blue/yellow/green instead of white.

i'm gonna attempt a photoshop too....

Right, got bored waiting for the rain to stop before i go post office. Heres a whole load of variations in colour schemes, see if we can find some that everyone likes. Hopefully, these'll give people ideas as to what they would like to see.

1. IPB Image

2. IPB Image

3. IPB Image

4. IPB Image

5. IPB Image

6. IPB Image

7. IPB Image

8. IPB Image

9. IPB Image

10. IPB Image

11. IPB Image

12. IPB Image

13. IPB Image

14. IPB Image

Obviously the writing won't glow like that in style 4, just couldn't be arsed the remove all the text before i added the filter. And yes, number 9 is :sick: I quite like 10-14 though, despite them being very similar to windows media player 11 and slightly vista'esque.

For me its either number 1, 3, or 12.

Edited by Krisboats

Why not have a competition. To save tom and danny some work, why dont we have a competition where whoever wants to design the new TF skin, just needs to take a screenshot of the current forum homepage OR create it from scratch.

This way people can make their skin how they want it to look. Have a HUGE selection of them hopefully, then the winning 3 get created. Ovbiously the creation would already be half done as I know these skins compromise of alot of images, could just hack apart the image they created saving time and effort. Also if people such as Simon are willing to help (I am too as I know enough to mod a skin with IPB) then we can all help create them.

Just an Idea, think it would be cool. The winning prize is having created the skin. Also this way the users of trials forum vote for the winning skin.

(goes and starts designing own idea)

Edited by Team War Rider

I've always liked the purple / grey colour scheme that was first found on Windows 95 - The would look nice.

Trials-Forum.co.uk written in the same kind of font as was used on the fluffy bunny movement site - I love that font, also in purple to match the headings and border of the page.

Subtle, no huge logo's or silly colours.

The logo would be good with the chain ring as it is, but with simple curvy writing in that font in purple with a slight dark grey shadow.

Do it. Do it now.

This way people can make their skin how they want it to look. Have a HUGE selection of them hopefully, then the winning 3 get created. Ovbiously the creation would already be half done as I know these skins compromise of alot of images, could just hack apart the image they created saving time and effort. Also if people such as Simon are willing to help (I am too as I know enough to mod a skin with IPB) then we can all help create them.

Making a single IPB skin from scratch is a chore, I doubt danny will be wanting to code in multiple skins - slicing it up isn't such a big deal, all the divs and integration are what take the time.

I have a pretty clear idea in my head now of what the next TF will look like. It will be darker, and a bit cleaner with some more bold statements in the header ;)

Making a single IPB skin from scratch is a chore, I doubt danny will be wanting to code in multiple skins - slicing it up isn't such a big deal, all the divs and integration are what take the time.

I have a pretty clear idea in my head now of what the next TF will look like. It will be darker, and a bit cleaner with some more bold statements in the header ;)

Nothing to say that there still cant be a competition held to decide what it looks like with only that one being coded.