Xbox Live 360 Gamer Tags

Olly C

operation flashpoint 2: dragon rising anyone? the co op campaign looks immense.

It's been absolutely slammed in the pc world. Dunno how it is as a console title but it's fairly shocking to say the least as a pc title. Doesn't live up to any official videos, images or hype.

And MW2 doesn't look very interesting on a SP front but I only really wanted it for MP. I suppose I'll just have to get it for pc, which will be cheaper I suppose.

Might be on in a bit.

What happened to your mic? You need to sort one out.

I have had probably only one or two good games online when in game chat (on COD4). COD4 will chill out abit when MW2 comes out, and in 5 years if it stands the test of time people may be cool on there. I know a few older games i've played online, people tend to be alright to actually communicate with.

did you manage to flash it then? its quite good, not played it much yet though

Yea, was a piece of piss to be fair(although i do almost wish id just sent it to you for the lack of hassle). basically no one could confirm if it worked on windows 7, so i went back to xp to do it, which meant installing xp on another partition,(which involved 2 hours of not being able to boot from cd, because id got a usb keyboard, and didnt realise the pc was just timing out and booting via an alternative source as i hadnt pressed the any key.

Once installed I overlooked the fact E-Sata and Sata where different things,so I needed another cable .I then went and bought a SATA cable that was 18 inches long, which turned out to be too long and wouldnt work with the drive,I then had to kinda balance the drive inside my pc case with a book or, and use dvds to prop up the console. so that I could use the original xbox sata lead, whilst still plugged into the console.

Got it all connected up, then found out that the Slax I got was a random slax and didnt stick my drive in mode b, finally got it in mode b. Then from there it was simple beans, 2 minutes, job done, all working.

Then Xp was the default boot partition, which I couldnt change, so ended up deleting the partition, which didnt work, as it was still trying to boot from it. Finally stuck my windows 7 Cd back in, repaired the start up files and it runs.

But yea, the flashing and burning of games was simple as.

Yea I have to admit,I installed jungle flasher, with no firmware. Then realised I needed to stick the Ixtreme firmware in that file. looking at all the firmware unzipped was like "crap theres 30 things there, this could, and most likely will go wrong" but read the tutorial, and it was like, okIi just have to click 1 icon, select a save location for the original firmware, and click ok, seems rather simple(even though Id gone at it like a bull in a china shop and already dumped the firmware to my pc,despite the system doin it automatically)

But theres no way Im going to be offering to do it for mates etc when they inevitably want it doing,for the price you charge, it just aint worth it.

Borderlands - anyone getting it? Cant find reviews on it anywhere, it looks like it could be awesome,or just dire.its a RPG FPS, so fallout 3 style, supposedly made by the people who made the brothers in arms series (which was quite good, although now the releases are just another FPS) and had something to do with a half life game(I skim read the preview, ill be honest).

aparently 600,000 weapon combinations, and comes with some of the features i expected fallout 3 to have but didnt(like the repair old weapons and build new ones, with the inclusion of robots etc,I was expecting to be able to fit sniper rifle scopes to a plasma rifle, or get scrap metal, robot tracks. a vacuum cleaner, and an assault rifle, to make a bot that shoots at enemies or whatever) but in this you can combine weapons etc, proper RPG style.

Also Forza 3 - slightly happier now ive realised theres the standard events view list, as well as the calendar(which only gives you 3 events to choose from etc,doesnt let you choose which order you do races/tracks in),So ill be doing that once ive played out season 5. However slightly miffed, theres no home region selection at the start, but everything seems to be extremely euro orientated, im currently level 11. and haven't won a single jap car yet. And its not the events im running, as you now get cars for levelling up, not winning events.

Also, the gamerscore achievements, given the scale of the game seem a bit limited. I havent tried playing for the gamerscore at all, and ive got 24 out of 50 rewards (and 4 or 5 of the outstanding ones relate to storefront/auction things) you get 1 achievement for every one of the first 10 levels, which seems a bit excessive, yet you dont get one for completing every race in a category, or reaching 1,000,000 credits or anything like that.

handling feels a bit more arcadey than the first 2 forza's though,and the rewind feature isnt as well implemented as GRID/Dirt 2, but otherwise im liking it a lot.

Also Forza 3 - slightly happier now ive realised theres the standard events view list, as well as the calendar(which only gives you 3 events to choose from etc,doesnt let you choose which order you do races/tracks in),So ill be doing that once ive played out season 5. However slightly miffed, theres no home region selection at the start, but everything seems to be extremely euro orientated, im currently level 11. and haven't won a single jap car yet. And its not the events im running, as you now get cars for levelling up, not winning events.

Also, the gamerscore achievements, given the scale of the game seem a bit limited. I havent tried playing for the gamerscore at all, and ive got 24 out of 50 rewards (and 4 or 5 of the outstanding ones relate to storefront/auction things) you get 1 achievement for every one of the first 10 levels, which seems a bit excessive, yet you dont get one for completing every race in a category, or reaching 1,000,000 credits or anything like that.

handling feels a bit more arcadey than the first 2 forza's though,and the rewind feature isnt as well implemented as GRID/Dirt 2, but otherwise im liking it a lot.

Thank f**k for that