New Arrival

poopipe

.....cos I know at least one or two of you are interested

This morning at exactly 4.08 am the missus was generous enough to furnish me with a son (about 7 minutes after that she furnished me with a placenta which I wasn't quite so keen on).

I say generously cos her waters broke at 3am on wednesday morning so she'd been suffering for 2 days by the time he squeezed his way out - poor girl, giving birth really doesn't look like much fun.

vital statistics....

weight - 6lb 7, fully equipped with fingers/toes /etc, voiced his disapproval at being removed from the nice warm place immediately and took to the boob with gusto. In all - a resounding success.

I'll post a pic once I've got to a machine that'll talk to my shiny new camera, til then I'll be drinking and sleeping.

edit: oh yeah,

we named him Theodore ...congratulations if you suggested that in the babyname thread, otherwise - ner :P .

Most of the other options were dropped on the grounds that his hair wasn't dark enough - silly reason but as good as any other.

Edited by poopipe

congrats man! but how long till you can :- play in the normal play area again? (we were all thinking it)

filthy b*****d :P

itll be a few weeks I think - but after nearly 4 days awake it's hardly the first thing on my mind ( after baby and missus it goes coffee, beer, nicotine then sleep)

and yeah. cheers everyone :D

Edited by poopipe

Being one of the very few people to have met you on this forum and would consider you to be a good friend, id like to say congratulations :)

aS for the name..will be shortened to theo in no time , which is cool :)

Theodore kelly ( or does the baby take the mothers name if your not married?? )

Hope everything goes ok dude :)(Y)

Pat.. the mood she was in over the last couple of days - probably never :D .

Theodore kelly ( or does the baby take the mothers name if your not married?? )

He's got her name written on his tag at the moment but you pretty much get to make your one up when you register the birth - i might opt for "the magnificent" or something to that effect.

good camera btw joe - its managed to get some fairly clear pics even though the ward's pretty dark and you can't use a flash.

big hugs :wub:

Pat.. the mood she was in over the last couple of days - probably never :D .

He's got her name written on his tag at the moment but you pretty much get to make your one up when you register the birth - i might opt for "the magnificent" or something to that effect.

good camera btw joe - its managed to get some fairly clear pics even though the ward's pretty dark and you can't use a flash.

big hugs :wub:

cAnt use flash in the hospital..didnt know that...

did u stick the iso up??

Glad you like it dude

Congrats, i still think you should of named him Monty... Will help him when he's 16 and he can tell his birds 'i'm Monty, very expensive and nice to ride' and Monty is like THE trials brand.

Am i on like everyones ignore list or something? I suggested Monty loads of times.

Edited by Fat Pants

cAnt use flash in the hospital..didnt know that...

did u stick the iso up??

Glad you like it dude

its less "can't us flash" than "don't want to piss all the babies off by using the flash"

im not sure what i changed but something worked (Y)