Seat Holes

Captain Scarlet

Hmn, well I got my Onza T-Vee today, I'm thinking about removing the seat for short rides and things but I don't want the hole exposed as it will most probably fill up with crap.

I have thought about buying a seat pad, but is there any option that I could do that I could find around the house?

What have people done in the past besides; having the seat in, exposed, or a seat pad.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi if your a member how come your posting in the new members chat.

Any way just use some black tape and you will be fine.

Jack (Y)

Just because we are new member doesn't mean new member chat is sh*t, many members come into this part of the forum and chat. (Y)

Mr ? (Y)

Edited by mr ?

I put my cock in mine and it's fine.

On a serious note, don't worry about it, if it does get stuff in it it's easily tipped upside down and shook to get it out. It shouldn't have an affect anyway as the seat tube shouldn't really be long enough to touch the bottom.

Don't bother with a seat, the gearing is shit enough already so it's not really gonna help, just sit on the frame like i do when crusing down declines.

Just because we are new member doesn't mean new member chat is sh*t, many members come into this part of the forum and chat. (Y)

Mr ? (Y)

I am not saying its sh*t i am just saying why isn't he posting the topic in trials chat as he is a member i was a new member once before you know.

Jack (Y)

Hmn, I guess its an active part of the forum, so lots of people can get their opinions heard.

Your a member and your posting here?

Yeh i see what you mean.

Jack (Y)

Just put some tape over it. Or some carbon stuff like someone above said.

You really wont need to sit down at all, the seats on those things are so low that its impossible to actually pedal sat down anyway, so it wont help with hills at all, and rolling back down, sitting slightly sideways across a top-tub is comfier than a mini seat anyway in my opinion.

He could be posting hear because the lack of people in the members section who ride the budget bikes such as t-vees and t-birds, would mean less people there have this problem, so less people would know a solution?

Oh yeah, just though, Another good way of plugging them is to cut a bar plug to the curved shape and put that in there. The kinda with an expanding wedge, so its easy to take in and out with a screwdriver, could probably get one for like 50p at your lbs

Hmmn, I like the idea of using an old innertube and cable tying it.

Well today I just went to B&Q and bought some black electrical tape for 79p, Just covered it evenly in three strips of tape and looks much better than with a seat.

Thanks for the suggestions, you'll probably see what it looks like when I post up some pictures of my bike soon. :D

Hi matey,

A couple of my mates have filled theirs with silicone to stop dirt getting in bt when I had my T-Vee I just simply, as most people have been suggesting, stuck on some carbon fiber sticker :P:D Cheers CJ.. (Y)

lol a lil bodge wont it carl :-lol, no it didnt look too bad, i still prefer them monty things :rolleyes:

cya buddy

shaun (Y)