Richard Hammond Crash To Be Aired

Rich Pearson

Well if I survived it i'd want everyone to see it... It's only really offensive if it was fatal...

Like airing Diana's crash would be distasteful but seeing as he survived and didn't come off too bad in the end then i'd say it's interesting rather than sick!

Wow that brave of the bbc. Im sure thses days some people will somehow be Offended by it,

stupid though that is, you're probably right.

how on earth can anyone, in the UK at least, not have read about his crash? so to then go and watch a show probably titled, 'richard hammonds 300mph crash' and then go to the effort of writing a letter to complain about what they have willingly sat down to watch, is just plain retarded.

i hate tv complainers soo much.

anyway, if i'm near a tv when it's on i'm deffo watching it. man, i hope top gear is back soon as a result.

The only person, who should be allowed to say it should not be aired, is Hammond and his family.

I for one would like to see it, in no way a morbid way, but everyone has seen pictures of the car and all that, I want to see what was very nearly the end of Top Gear and 'Hamster' Hammond.

He got the UK Land Speed Record FFS, it'll be awesome...

stupid though that is, you're probably right.

how on earth can anyone, in the UK at least, not have read about his crash? so to then go and watch a show probably titled, 'richard hammonds 300mph crash' and then go to the effort of writing a letter to complain about what they have willingly sat down to watch, is just plain retarded.

i hate tv complainers soo much.

anyway, if i'm near a tv when it's on i'm deffo watching it. man, i hope top gear is back soon as a result.

I just figured witht the hole politcal correctness craze it could be offensive to the family of some one who dies in similar circumstances. Itoo hate these tv complainers and think they should get a life but meh what can you do

I just figured witht the hole politcal correctness craze it could be offensive to the family of some one who dies in similar circumstances. Itoo hate these tv complainers and think they should get a life but meh what can you do

because theres a lot of families of people who have died attempting the uk land speed record for a bbc 2 tv show :-

nah seriously though, can see some complaints over it.hell if it was america, could see someone attempting it, crashing and dieing, and having there family sue the bbc, saying we saw it on tv, and they didnt die.

be good to see though, in an infotainment sort of way, and lets be honest, richard hammond was doing it for the entertainment value, the viewing figures, the thrill, and for the glory. all of which hes gunna get more of in bucketfuls, when this is aired, and providin hes got no issues with it being shown, then dont see anyones got the right to kick up a fuss.

i was under the impression that he did break it though. Although it was unofficially and so has never counted.

Kind off. ;)

He hit 310 or something on the first run, but for a record to be set, you have to go one way, then the back the other. He crashed on his run back, and therefore never completed the whole run, but he was on for breaking it, un-officially anyway.

Can't wait for it to be back, such an awesome show. :D

Hammond apparently is just as eager to watch the crash vid as anybody else....Because he still doesn't know what happened...On johnathon ross's show he said 'when I was in hospital the nurses would come and ask what i wanted to eat for dinner...then i'd say oooh i'll have that,it's my favourite...then they would bring me the food in 10 minutes and i would say.My favourite ! How did you know ?!' Because he suffered from short term memory loss. lol

January 24th the next episode of TopGear is being filmed....It is being show on the 28th (Y)..I think so don't quote me.

Edited by zoo

bit daft innit!!! can't go faster than anyone has ever been in the uk to have a record. You have to go faster twice!!!

The record speeds are all about averages. The speed itself is usually the average speed over a flying quarter, half or full mile. You have to do a second run in the opposite direction to cancel out any effects of weather, otherwise the record would be whoever waited for the strongest winds!

Kind off. ;)

He hit 310 or something on the first run, but for a record to be set, you have to go one way, then the back the other. He crashed on his run back, and therefore never completed the whole run, but he was on for breaking it, un-officially anyway.

Can't wait for it to be back, such an awesome show. :D

I heard it was all unofficial which is why its never been said he broke the record, but on the day he did break it.

The run i heard he crashed on was one last run. not a return run but just one for the hell of it (turns out it was a bad idea anyway)

Anyway as for the airing of it i think its a damn good idea.

Richard Hammond will no doubt be hosting that part of it, wouldnt be the same if he didn't.

If anyone tries to complain there is really something wrong, this country and its population are getting worse and will complain at anything to make themselves feel more powerful.

Roll on the 28th

Frooty

he will have allowed it to happen himself, as i think you will find that the BBC's ratings will actually plummit!!!! as people will want to see what going over 200mph looks like and the consequenses, it wouldnt have been proposed if he hadnt have given the go ahead.

its like clarkson was saying (i think) or it might have been someone else, people watch top gear as they do things out of the ordinary, they do things that not your average joe can do, and it makes for very interesting TV and for all the petrol heads that watch it its good viewing. (Y):)

i for sure like to see caravans being blown up and dropped from stupendus heights, what a laugh.

Waynio...........................

as i think you will find that the BBC's ratings will actually plummit!!!!

Waynio...........................

You think the ratings will go down? No way, all the normal viewers will be tuned in and im sure more will be watching due to the publicity it has all had Wayne.

Frooty

he will have allowed it to happen himself, as i think you will find that the BBC's ratings will actually plummit!!!! as people will want to see what going over 200mph looks like and the consequenses, it wouldnt have been proposed if he hadnt have given the go ahead.

that doesnt make sense.