Have U Seen Those New Chav Coats:s

Davetrials

Chav is a southern term for a child ;) (also know as a chavi)

So yes, it's Southern.

What happened to the good old 'towny' haha

Why spend £984509 on a coat with goggles, when you can buy a black SAS army jacket and a ski mask for around £20, and have th esame effect...

Edited by Si-man

I saw sombody, as i was getting of a train, wearing one of those. He (as far as i knew(from the chavy walk)) was walking right towards me, and it was actualy shit scary so i thought i was going to have to opt for the good old windmill. Thankfully he turned sharpish onto the train. I was realy freaked out by the hole thing, as i have a phobia of gasmasks and it looked just like one of them WW2 things,

but anyway. The matter is, they are scary and they could potentialy causetrouble. Especaily with old people etc.

Edited by RR_Trials

Sorry to piss you off but they have holes in the hood for breathing and they are big enough for blood too drip through.

Also nobody actually walks round with the hoods up on them, Reason being if the police see you it is a £30 fine on the spot and if you walk into a shopping center/shop it is illegal and you can get banned from the shop and also a fine yet again.

You are really taking this too far, If you dislike the coats fair enough, There is no need to make a topic it about it so you can express how much you hate them too everyone.

Dan.........

the post is supposed to be more aimed at how disgracefull it is, selling coats which cover your face,

there not ski ing coats... theres no other reason.

the post is supposed to be more aimed at how disgracefull it is, selling coats which cover your face,

there not ski ing coats... theres no other reason.

I agree, all the designers of the coat have done is make a usless thing that scares the shit out of people and makes old ladys not want to leave their house.

Chav is a southern term for a child ;) (also know as a chavi)

So yes, it's Southern.

What happened to the good old 'towny' haha

bit off topic but it doesnt. Chav is a stereotyped word for people who wear burberry and live in council houses etc ie Council House Antisocial Violence. Well thats what it is round here lol (not sayin living in a council house makes you a chav etc)

Well this is what Wikipedia have to say.

Anyway back on topic, the coats are stupid and should be band, its the same as the ones which have a built in balaclava. It is obvious what the intention to wear them is, so theres not realy a reason not to ban them.

Edited by fredrico

I'm nearly 23 and seeing someone wearing one of those would scare me. I'm not nervous or afraid of Chavs, but seeing or not seeing as the case is, someone wearing one of those would put me on edge.

Certainly old people will be worried, they are pointless and should be banned.

I was told by someone today, apparently that the ones that the chavs are wearing are from jjb, and are similair but have no eye cover things, bit like a balaclava.

Which makes them even more pointless for the reason they were made (skiing) as they don't even have eye covers :ermm:

bit off topic but it doesnt. Chav is a stereotyped word for people who wear burberry and live in council houses etc ie Council House Antisocial Violence. Well thats what it is round here lol (not sayin living in a council house makes you a chav etc)

Well this is what Wikipedia have to say.

Anyway back on topic, the coats are stupid and should be band, its the same as the ones which have a built in balaclava. It is obvious what the intention to wear them is, so theres not realy a reason not to ban them.

As i said up there, it comes from the word Chavi, which is a southern term for a kid.

And it also came from Roman times

Chav

Chavis almost certainly from the Romany word for a child, chavi, recorded from the middle of the nineteenth century

thats where it came from because the majority of them are children.

I can see these bad boys being the weapon of choice for muggers, But much like hoodies, they will be outlawed eventually. Personally I think they are a good idea if your a road gritter or something like that, but I could see they would be pretty useful to the wrong sorts of people too, f**k it i'll get one and use it before they are outlawed.

They shouldnt have even been made, theres no actual 'genuine' use for them. Some will say ski-ing but i dont think you will see a single ski'er wearing one of them.

Wait for the day where news reports are shown about people getting mugged by 'youths in a gas mask', you know it'll be one of these

Frooty

Haha! i love the way it says 'comes with spare lens' on the ebay link! Just in case eh!

My cousins got one a nike hoody with a zip that goes right up the hood. In any situation, whats wrong with a good quality coat, a hat and maybe a scarf?

But still i bought a gas mask from ebay just because its funny. Mum didn't think so...