Grips

weebryan

I have a pair of try all grips and have tried hair spray boiling them and now silicon and still turn at the ends how do i stop this

i know this sound wrong but by some GT85 and use that, once it has dryed it is the best for holding grips on, also it is a smell sensation (Y)

Edited by rwiley

Take them off, and dry them out. - Buzz some kitchen roll through it, that'll do..

Do the same for the bars too.

Then get a tiny amount of GT85 on the bars (enough to go all round) and spread it about, and quickly blam on the grips.

I dont use anything.

Just make sure the grip and bar are completely clean and dry, slide the grip on and hey presto....

Just realised that my post is quite redundant as you've tryed a few things which compromise the 'clean' aspect.

A mate used superglue once and it just stripeed the paint and the grip never stayed still after that.

Get some puncture repair kit glue, clean the fars off and make sure they are dry, Put the rubber solution round the inside edge(first bit that contacts the bar) just make sure its a tine amount, slide on, fit other grip, tidy up, and then ride with non slipping grips.

Cheapo air freshener! The sort of stuff that really makes you gag and wonder why the are allowed to sell it as air freshener :blink:

Tiny weeny squirt in the end of the grip that goes on first, squidge the grip in your hand abit, just so the air feshener spreads around the inside abit...and them wack 'um on! Give it few minutes to dry up and it should be fine. Works for me and my grips used to slide about loooaads!

Edited by Bruce

I use something we in sweden calls t-red, it removes anything that ends with -grease.

From my experiences it`s almost always something under the grips that makes them slippery, so personally i really wouldnt put even more stuff under there.

Just give it a good clean from all the chemicals, put some t-red in and when it dries it`s on there forever, t-red or gasoline i`ve heard should work pretty well.

If it`s always been that slippery though, you might wanna put some sticky stuff under there.

Just a tip.

Cheers.

I use something we in sweden calls t-red, it removes anything that ends with -grease.

From my experiences it`s almost always something under the grips that makes them slippery, so personally i really wouldnt put even more stuff under there.

Just give it a good clean from all the chemicals, put some t-red in and when it dries it`s on there forever, t-red or gasoline i`ve heard should work pretty well.

If it`s always been that slippery though, you might wanna put some sticky stuff under there.

Just a tip.

Cheers.

be careful with gasoline, ive put similar stuff on there before(forgot what it was, was more in a clear container in the shed, and the odour told me, it should clean everything.but had a similar odour to petrol. left a fair bit on my bars, well enough so it was wet, to use as lubricant to slip it over. left them to dry, and half an hour later came back, to find out, it had ate my grips, and turned them into mush.