Titanium Frame

ZHI_Chris

m

maybe they just hadn't considered it as it is a relatively new concept

and possibly..

crank arm clearance might be an issue - especially on mods

it will obviously make for a less flexy brake when the bike's trying to roll backwards cos all the force is being pushed into the frame.

on top of that...

it keeps the brake out of the way (bmxs have the brake mounts on the inside of the frame for precisely that reason)

it looks nice

anyway - zhi, which bit of cambridgeshire are you in. theres still one or two of us left riding

Ah, crank arm clearance might be a problem. But:

a ) stop running lame 48mm rims.

b ) If you run FFW then your gunna be running a long enough BB anyway I'd have though, I run a 122 and my cranks miss my slaves fine with new pads.

c ) this new break and the Deng one both have shorter slaves, meaning you could still use your lame 48mm rim if you insisted.

Edit: aparently b ) is B) without the space..

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

Looks mint. Would there be any chance of him mass producing those brakes?

yes, the brakes will be mass producing.

but now it's testing.

and possibly..

it will obviously make for a less flexy brake when the bike's trying to roll backwards cos all the force is being pushed into the frame.

on top of that...

it keeps the brake out of the way (bmxs have the brake mounts on the inside of the frame for precisely that reason)

it looks nice

anyway - zhi, which bit of cambridgeshire are you in. theres still one or two of us left riding

hi, poopipe. I will go to Britain on March 3th. I'm not sure the exact address where i lived in cambridge now.

Maybe i can tell you later.

By the way, i will take my bike to Cambridge.

and possibly..

on top of that...

it looks nice

you would have problems running a standard brake booster with the reverse mounts though if they were common in trials as you are putting it on wherer the tire is further out so there would be less clearence between the booster and tire... ( i dont know how to explain but i hope you understand).

I haven't read through all the comments as i can't be assed but I'm pretty sure tuppers has a titanium bike infact I'm damn shure its a 20" and it is the sex!

P.s if his bike has already been mentioned i am sorry!

Rorz!

Yep, its a trition. Its up for sale at the moment :turned: .

• 1 month later...
maybe they just hadn't considered it as it is a relatively new concept

but it has alot of problems with it being there for one wen you do a drop gap the brake will rip off the mounts and two wen u flat gap or free pedal a gap of any great size the brake will rip off the olny thing the brake being there is good for is backwards manuals

Edited by Kyle Hinchcliffe

I think the brake under the stays is a very good idea! the main gripe I have with maggies is that they have no hold (compared with vees anyway) I consider hold as THE most important aspect of a brake, I mean whats the point of a bitey brake when it means you cant get up anything because it slips back?

I think around 80% of trials moves put backwards force on a brake (barr pedal gaps and hopping down slopes) and brakes dont rip off on current frames, so I can only think it would be stronger to have the mounters underneith.

so is titanium stronger or weaker and is it heavier or lighter surely it cant be stronger and lighter ?

Adam

It's a bit lighter than steel and about 3 times stronger.

The average Triton frames weigh about 1,8kgs if I remember correctly which is less than most alu frames. And yet they're said to be very strong.

but it has alot of problems with it being there for one wen you do a drop gap the brake will rip off the mounts and two wen u flat gap or free pedal a gap of any great size the brake will rip off the olny thing the brake being there is good for is backwards manuals

bullshit.jpg

It's a bit lighter than steel and about 3 times stronger.

The average Triton frames weigh about 1,8kgs if I remember correctly which is less than most alu frames. And yet they're said to be very strong.

titanium is lighter than steel but heavier than alloy

Titanium is weaker than steel but stronger than alloy

You dont have to use as much titanium as you do alloy in an aluminium frame, so the titanium one ends up lighter.