What Size Tyres Do People Like Up Front?

Krisboats

What size tyres do people like up front?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of set up do you prefer?

• Big front tyre + little rear tyre
    • Little front tyre + big rear tyre
    • Both tyres big
  2. 2. And what sort of size do you run on the front? 24"/26"

• 1.6-1.75
    • 1.8-1.95
    • 2.0-2.15
    • 2.2-2.35
    • 2.4-2.55
    • 2.6-2.75
    • 2.8-2.95
    • 3.0-3.15
    • Don't ride 26"/24"
  3. 3. And what sort of size do you run on the front? 20"

• 1.6-1.75
    • 1.8-1.95
    • 2.0-2.15
    • 2.2-2.35
    • 2.4-2.55
    • 2.6-2.75
    • 2.8-2.95
    • 3.0-3.15
    • Don't ride 20"

First question didn't really work for me. I'm more into medium tyres front and rear, but a little bigger on the rear.

I'm currently running a 2.2 moto RT up front, and a 2.35 Schwalbe Space on the rear. Its a nice setup really, quite a lot of volume and grip on the front, yet because its a street tyre it still rolls nice and fast. I'd say the moto RT is more like a 2.3/2.35 really as far as volume is concerned.

First question didn't really work for me. I'm more into medium tyres front and rear, but a little bigger on the rear.

I'm currently running a 2.2 moto RT up front, and a 2.35 Schwalbe Space on the rear. Its a nice setup really, quite a lot of volume and grip on the front, yet because its a street tyre it still rolls nice and fast. I'd say the moto RT is more like a 2.3/2.35 really as far as volume is concerned.

intersting

me and derf run

me tioga comp x 2.1 rear.......1.85 holyroller maxxis front

fred dmr moto 2.1 ..........1.85 holyroller maxis front

thease seem big enough for smooth street

why go bigger? if anything id change my rear rim to stop roll.

chris

intersting

me and derf run

me tioga comp x 2.1 rear.......1.85 holyroller maxxis front

fred dmr moto 2.1 (they only come in 24*2.2?) ..........1.85 holyroller maxis front

thease seem big enough for smooth street

why go bigger? if anything id change my rear rim to stop roll.

chris

Hm.. yeah, my rear is the right volume I recon, could get away with a 2.2 fine though I think, but I'd rather it rolled a bit faster, Think I'm gunna put a moto Digger on for the summer. My front tyre probably could be a fair bit narrower, like a 2" would be about right, but DMRs only come in 2.2, Might try a Tioga Comp X 2.1 some time.

Best street tyre combo is Tioga comp X rear, Maxxis Holy Roller up front. Fact.

Im liking the DMR moto but its not as light as the tioga buts it gives me a little more confidence in the wet. Im deffo going back to the comp X in the summer.

Hmmm, this is quite interesting. Seems theres quite a few different opinions on the matter.

I personally use a 2.5 maxxis high roller on the rear, and a 2.3 tioga factory DH front on the front. I hadn't really thought of a larger front tyre having more bounce in taps and things.

I used to like a 1.8 Panaracer on the front with a light wheel but having switched to a slightly heavier front wheel I prefer a 2.2 Specialized (at the moment). Even though it's heavier, I does feel a lot bouncier and I get blown around in the wind less.

I'm getting more tempted to get a 2.35 high roller to match my 2.5 one on the back.

Edited by Jamie_Neal

Something light and fat is the best of both worlds, especially considering most people don't really pinch front tyres. I'm running a moto digger which is quite fat and reasonably light. Grip isn't great but then I don't really natural so I don't care.