Adament A2 Frames

Mr Dave

Hello

mates got a white adamant a2, with tapered middle burns. 127.5mm bottom bracket.

Koxx rear rim (wide one)

and a Maggie.

when he pedals hard his right hand crank hits on the brake caliper... so obviously the bb ain't long enough. but we cant find a longer one?

what have other people done???

Dave :) ta

I told u dave, his square taper is probably exessively worn resulting in the inwards movement of his cranks arms :)

Leon

this sounds like the problem to me (Y) what he needs to do is put some metal strips in between the bb and the cranks when he is tightening the cranks on... if you get what i mean? quick bodge for when he can afford some new burns (Y)

hmmm.....i have an A2 and im just looking at it now.

i think if i had any other cranks they would hit the maggies but im using echo forged 05 cranks 170mm and they kind of come away/stick out from the frame quite a bit than other cranks. i dont think you will understand what i said lol

Im also using a 127.5 BB

JK

Edited by J-KAY

I think u can get longer ones, but there made for like hardcore downhill bikes with lots going on around the crank area or something like that. I cant remember exactly why but it was something on the lines of that.

JK

EDIT: 131mm bottom brackets

I dunno how strong they are but at least there available.

Edited by J-KAY

how much room has his left crank got from the caliper? if he has a few mm spare, he could put a spacer on the right hand cup on the bb, which would move it accross a bit? worth a try, had to do it on a mates bike when we didn't have a wide enough bb to hand to allow the chain ring to clear the frame

that 131mm bb would be a better idea though, for a tenner you cant grumble! even if you have to replace it every 6months or whatever (if it doesn't fail before then)

alternatively, less pad material or a slimmer rim...

iv'e got an a2, and i run burns and i have the same issue, i've just got my 131 bb though im hoping this is going to solve the problem, was gonna put it on tomorow i'll let you know if it works as soon as i know.

EDIT

just fitted the bb, and it does clear, only by about 3mm though, my wheels are being rebuilt at the moment i cant say that it will clear when my rear wheel is in and my maggys are set up, i wont know that till wednesday.

Edited by hopper22

how much room has his left crank got from the caliper? if he has a few mm spare, he could put a spacer on the right hand cup on the bb, which would move it accross a bit? worth a try, had to do it on a mates bike when we didn't have a wide enough bb to hand to allow the chain ring to clear the frame

that 131mm bb would be a better idea though, for a tenner you cant grumble! even if you have to replace it every 6months or whatever (if it doesn't fail before then)

alternatively, less pad material or a slimmer rim...

I'd go with the drive side spacer idea first as well... your gonna have to take your bb out to fit the new one anyway, may as well get the toold and while takign the old one out see if spacers are enough to do the trick.

My t-rex has a couple of driveside spacers. Works fine.