The Germans Have Done It Again

Walleee

Very nice design.

Internal cable routing that makes sense as it comes out by the rear brake.

Lovely intergrated brake booster.

Is it and 1.5" head tube with reducer cups as well??

Not sure about the colour and it could do with the option for gears - apart from that - great.

That's not a hoffmann!

is it?

Syntace are another company, unless someone stuck a syntace sticker on one. but with the carbom fibre booster thing that looks like it's come from syntace, hoffmann do thing's in a more brutal kinda way if you know what I mean?(function over form almost)

the old one is here but the pics are gone...

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....c=79995&hl=

Good job I saved some...

post-8138-1174075166_thumb.jpg

post-8138-1174075240_thumb.jpg

post-8138-1174075270_thumb.jpg

EDIT: It wasn't a hoffmann! that pic you posted is even off the Syntace website! it really is beyond me why people post up info that isnt true, fair play if you just didn't realise but it's not normally like you ash.

http://www.syntace.com/index.cfm?pid=3&pk=709#

Edited by jake1516

finally someone has seen sense and made brake mounts how brake mounts should be made. i have had that in my head along time,

but who do you go to with ideas? and people who dont think about how much stuff like that will improve the brake, spouting how crap that idea is.

Not so sure on the colours and the bend in the top tube, but a very funxtional looking bikes. Do the brake mounts let the maggie slide down for 24"?

I think that's just for the eccentric dropouts. Not 24"

Yeah, also not keen in the bend in the top tube, well, not so much that, as the way it goes down up down, too many changes of direction, if the seat tube was a bit shorter to make it strait after the curve ti would look nicer.

But besides looks, it seems like its been designed really functionally and I'm sure its a beast. That design of break mount would kick ass with a Vee break! The eccentric dropouts are cool, but wouldn't really work with a normal hub would they? would have to be proII style bolts. Anyway, whats wrong with horizontal dropouts for chain tensioning!

Typical German work, neat, practical and I don't like it.

Wouldn't mind one of these though, they've implemented some really interesting ideas.

EDIT: oh and that Syntace frame is even more interesting, they've got a valve in the bottom tube with which you can apparently adjust how the frame feels - by creating a vaccum it becomes more springy and works harder.

Edited by Inur

Typical German work, neat, practical and I don't like it.

Wouldn't mind one of these though, they've implemented some really interesting ideas.

EDIT: oh and that Syntace frame is even more interesting, they've got a valve in the bottom tube with which you can apparently adjust how the frame feels - by creating a vaccum it becomes more springy and works harder.

Pressurise it up and no more donwtube dents on rail gaps either :D

I like the ideas on it, although i think i'd have to worry that the strength of the rear setion might be compromised with having so much cut out around the magura clamps... but i guess they've already looked at that.

I think its cool to see so much ingenuity on one frame. Although i could see internal cable routing getting annoying personally.

I think its cool to see so much ingenuity on one frame. Although i could see internal cable routing getting annoying personally.

It doesn't, I've got it on my Iolo, and unless you want to do a bath bleed on your rear break it makes shag all difference other than looking cool and not getting in the way. (Y)

It doesn't, I've got it on my Iolo, and unless you want to do a bath bleed on your rear break it makes shag all difference other than looking cool and not getting in the way. (Y)

I don't think i've ever felt that external routing has gotten in the way though.