Has Anyone Had Any Sleeping/drinking Problems Like These?

SQuiT-man

I always end up at my girlfriends place at uni after a heavy night, but I've had a few really strange things happen to me lately to do with a mix of alcohol and sleep:

First started when I had the WORST dream ever, or atleast it made me wake up feeling terrible, but for a VERY different reason...

had a standard nightmare, being chased by someone at my uni ball (which happened a few nights before), he was chasing me in a car then i ran into a building which he ploughed through in his car. then he got out, walked up to me, so i just grabbed him by the head and started beating it up real bad trying to knock him out, but he just wasnt getting knocked out.

...then i made a swing, woke up halfway through at uni in my gf's bed as i punched my girlfriend in the face full power, and the look on her face was AWFUL, cant begin to think how scared she must have been of me

i felt so insanely terrible, but luckily i only skimmed the side of her face and she was ok, just needed a good apology and explaination about the nightmare..!

Also second thing, me and my gf were getting intimate when i was a bit drunk, but i managed to start to semi-pass out during it, and halucinated there was a man looking over her shoulder at me, so i started talking to him, then completely woke up again (my eyes never shut for one second and she had no idea i had blanked out). She obviously was pretty freaked out. Then later that night she was just talking to me and i did the same thing again, this time I thought i saw her friend in the room over her shoulder, and started talking to her. She obviously was very weirded out by then..

anyone else had any similar problems?

Im not too bothered really, but was just pretty worried about how i could have really hurt her the first time!

Scott

Edited by SQuiT-man

I have been ahviong a few problems recently certainly dodgy dreams without fail every night after a good sesh, was hallucinating in my mates bedroom the other day after 2 days of drinking and finishing off with absynthe, really need to cut down im losing out on so much, bad heart, no energy, no sex drive >_<

soounds pretty bad though mate, you'll just have toi let her know there was nothing you could of done about it and maybe stay off ye olde stella?

ive kicked my missus in my sleep but not hard. but that was a twitch more than anything. she did it back and said "yeah, twitch...."

I think oli has the best answer so far, dont get as drunk and maybe catch up on some sleep? seems to me that you're struggling to keep in touch with reality so your brain is finding it easier to play out an imaginative world. If all else see a pyschiatrist and besides, if you do that your gf will appreciate it that you're making the effort to seek professional help

my bro nutted his missus in this sleep. Proper, grabbed her head and nutted her good. Hahah

lmfao!

Iv never hit a lass.

But i used to halusinate when i was little, it was freaking scarey, and my mam said it was scarey for her... the only thing is, i used to do it whilst wide awake... i was ill for like 3 years with it :| lol

I just used to lay on the couch, normally watching cartoons... then i would start sweating badly, and then the tv would just suddenly seam 10 times further away than before....

my bro nutted his missus in this sleep. Proper, grabbed her head and nutted her good. Hahah

lmfao!

Iv never hit a lass.

But i used to halusinate when i was little, it was freaking scarey, and my mam said it was scarey for her... the only thing is, i used to do it whilst wide awake... i was ill for like 3 years with it :| lol

I just used to lay on the couch, normally watching cartoons... then i would start sweating badly, and then the tv would just suddenly seam 10 times further away than before.... then it would suddenly seam alot closer :S was scarey as hell.. then for some reason, i used to walk up to the tv, and pretend to take the people out, and put em on the floor :S i used to say, "press the button, people would come" lol, i was on about the power button on the socket, and i thought the people would come outa the tv lmao!

Wasnt nice.

My sister says i talk in my sleep sometimes... when i used to fall asleep watching tv, she used to come and knock tv off, i just used to sit bolt up straight in bed, and say, "what the f**k are you doing?!? f**k off outa my room now" and she used to have a convo with me :Slol, i couldnt remember a thing :S

lmfao!

Iv never hit a lass.

I just used to lay on the couch, normally watching cartoons... then i would start sweating badly, and then the tv would just suddenly seam 10 times further away than before.... then it would suddenly seam alot closer :S was scarey as hell.. then for some reason, i used to walk up to the tv, and pretend to take the people out, and put em on the floor :S i used to say, "press the button, people would come" lol, i was on about the power button on the socket, and i thought the people would come outa the tv lmao!

Wasnt nice.

My sister says i talk in my sleep sometimes... when i used to fall asleep watching tv, she used to come and knock tv off, i just used to sit bolt up straight in bed, and say, "what the f**k are you doing?!? f**k off outa my room now" and she used to have a convo with me :Slol, i couldnt remember a thing :S

Stop drinking then.

No. Im not THAT worried to stop drinking at uni!

Lmfao. Thats extreme.

I normally sleep really still when i'm on my own but if i'm in bed with a lady friend i always twitch and move about and stuff.

Yeh same, Im pretty sure its common, thats what i meant up there ^^

ur post is screwed on my computer, looks like it copy and pasted like 3 times for some reason. was ur mum worried that u were a strange kid? lol

No. Im not THAT worried to stop drinking at uni!

You punched your girlfriend in the face. That would be more than enough incentive for me to stop drinking - despite the fact that it wastes money, damages your body and makes you do stupid things.

*sigh*

Sure, its a f**king stupid thing to do to punch someone in your sleep, but don't start lecturing him to stop drinking. You need to stop having such an abismall view on life Smo, it seems anything that is remotely fun, or remotely dangerous is like, "OH MY DAYS?! can't do that, this might happen, or this, maybe this".

I can whole heartidly imagine you getting your Pulsar then driving at 30 everywhere (for an example of my point above). :(

Anywhom, punching people in sleep is a very bad thing, and personally, i'd enquire more about it to people that actually know, ie, doctors, as its something i wouldn't take half hearted, especially as it could escelate very quickly.

*sigh*

Sure, its a f**king stupid thing to do to punch someone in your sleep, but don't start lecturing him to stop drinking. You need to stop having such an abismall view on life Smo, it seems anything that is remotely fun, or remotely dangerous is like, "OH MY DAYS?! can't do that, this might happen, or this, maybe this".

I can whole heartidly imagine you getting your Pulsar then driving at 30 everywhere (for an example of my point above). :(

Anywhom, punching people in sleep is a very bad thing, and personally, i'd enquire more about it to people that actually know, ie, doctors, as its something i wouldn't take half hearted, especially as it could escelate very quickly.

If ever there was hypocrisy, I have just quoted it.

I'm the last person in the world to have a dim view on life. As for the Pulsar, I'll adhere to the speed limits - until I hit a nice, long, open stretch of road.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Early rise tomorrow.

Just drink less!!!

I once hit my ex in the face, but i was fully a sleep. I felt really guilty when she told me in the morning though.

same but i found it funny for some reason lol. made it up to her;)

I have had problems sleeping. i cant get to sleep and when i do i dream that my gf is sleeping with someone else and its relaly f**ked me up because i think of her with someone else and get my self angry at her my self and upset and end up arguing over it and i cant stop it.

I dont know what to do.

Me? A hypocrit? Please explain.

I dont know what to do.

Start trusting her?

Let her go out with her mates, train yourself to trust in her. I know what you mean, i'm the same, you just have to fight the urge to be super protective, as thats not someone you want to be. Having seen it happen day in day out with one of my mates, and the consequences when one steps over the line the other has drawn without the other actually knowing, it gets messy, very messy.

Learn to trust, or learn to dump, and move on. :)

Me? A hypocrit? Please explain.

Start trusting her?

Let her go out with her mates, train yourself to trust in her. I know what you mean, i'm the same, you just have to fight the urge to be super protective, as thats not someone you want to be. Having seen it happen day in day out with one of my mates, and the consequences when one steps over the line the other has drawn without the other actually knowing, it gets messy, very messy.

Learn to trust, or learn to dump, and move on. :)

lol cheers si. i do trust her i trust her more than any other girl i mean i let her on my bike thats got to be trust. But i explaind to her what was happening i always let her out with her mates because then i can ride lol. But after i told her a few mins later she told me she had sex in a park i got really angry but didnt let it get to me.

Im a wierd person i am nice but i have anger problems really bad and i dont like it.

i do trust her i dont ever want to loose her i eman shes amazing she will do anything for you and she loves trials.

I think its getting better now not sure. just hope she dont bring it up again.

shes a wierd girls shes one of them girls you would think wasnt that type if you get me then on day she will spring something on you and your liek wtf when how why lol.

ahh well im just being a cock i let ehr do what she lieks though i dont control her well i do in the bedroom but shhh lol

Edited by B.E.A.U

Ive always had problems with twitching a lot in my sleep, it just happens a lot more when Im sharing a bed for some reason, guess thats some psychological thing in the back of your head perhaps, without realising?

I normally sleep really still when i'm on my own but if i'm in bed with a lady friend i always twitch and move about and stuff.

That's probably becuase if you twitch in your sleep when your by yourself, no one's around to tell you you have. It's like the tree falling in the woods proverb.

I've had the odd spot of sleep walking and sleep walking when i'm actaully awake. Both times it's becuase i'm waaay off my sleeping patterns.

The best thing i can suggest is, as much as it sounds like a mum telling a 4 year old son, get to bed on time. Try and get some kind of sleeping pattern.

(Y)

If I was doing messed up stuff like any of the above in this thread, I'd not think twice about cutting the booze for a while. I get really bad memory loss and if I sit down I fall asleep, that annoys me enough to not want to drink unless it's a special occasion. If I was getting violent toward a loved one I'd take long hard look at myself and way of life.

Alcohol is a poison to your body, if you continually abuse your body like that, coupled with lack of good, natural sleep it's going to mess up more than your coordination. It's pretty straight-forward really, let your body and brain recover, because clearly your body can not handle your current lifestyle.

don't start lecturing him to stop drinking. You need to stop having such an abismall view on life Smo, it seems anything that is remotely fun, or remotely dangerous is like, "OH MY DAYS?! can't do that, this might happen, or this, maybe this".

really Si, tired people dont hit their girlfriends...... drunk people do.

if hes drinking too much, and a combination of drinking and tiredness is making him violent, really STOP DRINKING SO MUCH man!

i recently quit drinking for a 6 week period from jan 1st to feb 14th, not because i had a drink problem, but because i knew i was drinking FAR too much (5-8pints a day, even when i was just sat at home on the computer) and i wanted to prove to myself that i didnt actually need it, and it had become a habbit, not an addiction! i did it, and it was nowhere near as hard as expected, i even went out to the pub several times with mates, and just drank kaliber, which isnt anywhere near as bad as people imagine!

just because your at uni doesnt mean you have to drink, and having this strange problem doesnt mean you have to stop either! just take it easy, dont drink if your tired. most of my friends laughed at me for not drinking or drinking non alcho lager..... but many of them said quietly that they really respected it!

sinse my no drinking period, im much happier, have a lot more money, feel physically MUCH fitter, and thinner. i go to bed much earlier, pay attention more in lectures, and lead a generally better life.

ive also found that when i do now drink, it has MUCH more effect on me, previously 5pints of strongbow had NO effect on me at all, yet now, 4 cans in and im feeling the effects a lot! so it saves money too!

Sleep is really weird. I don't understand it at all. When I am falling asleep in a semi-conscious state, I can hear noises that aren't happening. A door slamming, my phone ringing etc. They are 100% 'real' in my head - in that I couldn't tell the noise wasn't real until I check my phone or whatever. It's actually really annoying, and then because I'm annoyed by it, I think about it, and as soon as I start to drift off again I hear the same noise again. Seemed to happen lots last night when I was drunk, so maybe alcohol is a link.

I'm with everyone else, if you've done this because of drink then just stop FFS. You can't just hit someone you love and not change something in your life. Oh yeah and go and see a doctor if it happens more or you're worried about it.

i punched george seamons in my sleep, i wasn't so worried about that, it was more that i was in the same bed as him that worried me

anywho, i don't drink great amounts (very rarely nowadays infact :(), and i do the whole sudden movement thing in my sleep when i have a bad dream, luckily i haven't done it next to my girlfriend, only george and by myself (usually wake up after cos i've smacked something so hard!), so by that i'm guessing it doesn't have to be alcohol influenced? or at least not for me...

By the way, everyone seems to have got me wrong one one main thing- the punching the gf in the face was NOT a drunky thing really, it was just because of my weird sleeping lately, like how i sometimes twitch suddenly in my sleep when Im sharing a bed, was just a bit scary.

But I definately DO twitch a lot lot more when I'm sharing a bed, its not just the "tree falling in the forest" thing, although I can see what you mean. When I twitch, I normally twitch quite violently and wake up, it happens very very rarely when I'm on my own, but happens constantly when Im sharing a bed. Im sure its a psychological thing, a lot of my mates say they have the same problem, but often to a smaller degree, it must be something about a tiny part of your brain still keeping recognition of there being someone next to you while you're semi-concious or something like that??

The second thing about halucinating was much more alcohol/sleep deprivation related though, and that would be a bit more cause for concern on the booze side I guess, but its not causing harm so can't see it making me want to stop going out so much in my first year at uni! And besides its only happened one night, just freaked me out a bit.

before i started going out with my gf we were at a house after a party and i was sitting on the stairs and she was like 1 below and i stood up and kneed her in the face by accident and she ended up falling like 4 or 5 steps. luckily she was drunk so it didnt hurt.

then the next morning she was sitting next to me on the sofa and i fell asleep and had some dream that i just fell over. and i like twitched my arms outwards sorta thing n punched her in the face.

That is f**king hilarious!

I've done alot of stupid things in my sleep, like pissing on my mate and into my dads socks drawer but never hit the missiz! Think you need to see a doctor, there are programs about this kinda thing on the tele- I saw a bloke get out of bed, take down his curtains and curtain rail, then put them back up again. It turns out he can do it quicker when he's asleep!

On the other hand you could always get youself a Lavender pillow, you'll be in such a deep sleep you'll probably not dream at all, no matter how much you've had to drink. It might smell a bit 'gay' to start with but trust me on this one, it works! And you get used to the smell!

Hope it helps! (Y)

Matt