Strongest Rim

matt rushton

I would disagree with the try-all and viz rims being really strong. I haven't rode them enough times to fully review them. By saying that i've only owned 1 of each rim. Rather than buying them over and over again. But in my experience they both flat spot easily.

Therefore i would go with a D521 but also the Dx32.

well butty interesting topic as i also need new rims like...every few month, haha, i fully split my EX721 in half 2month back, my bmf got crushed last week, and now the ronnie ive put back on...its on its way out haha.

but with you being a natty man, id stay away from a mavvic due to tire foldage.

and mallet and the bum are arguing again, and what has finishing a trial got to do with needing new rims.........

anyway new echo rim thing?

well butty interesting topic as i also need new rims like...every few month, haha, i fully split my EX721 in half 2month back, my bmf got crushed last week, and now the ronnie ive put back on...its on its way out haha.

but with you being a natty man, id stay away from a mavvic due to tire foldage.

and mallet and the bum are arguing again, and what has finishing a trial got to do with needing new rims.........

anyway new echo rim thing?

Sounds to me like you need some better wheel builds.

Or just eat less pies ;)

Im gettin proper fat now , 07 echo rims smashed in like 3 week lol :(

And this was my hog after about 1 month of proper ridin. Bit worried ..

EDIT: it would be good if there was a undrilled echo or like a hole every other gap between the spokes .

post-7374-1175468962_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deonn h

EDIT: it would be good if there was a undrilled echo or like a hole every other gap between the spokes .

That wheel looks fine to me. If it still goes round whats the problem?

>_< Oh my god, what kind of rough riding did you put these rims through? and to think im having a pair of 07 echo built up by tarty on april 18th.

>_< Oh my god, what kind of rough riding did you put these rims through? and to think im having a pair of 07 echo built up by tarty on april 18th.

Its from doing drop gaps and the fact your going from a height and how ever hard you try to land smooth you still going to land harshly as your going from a height thats why his rim are like that.

Its from doing drop gaps and the fact your going from a height and how ever hard you try to land smooth you still going to land harshly as your going from a height thats why his rim are like that.
that one hell of a lot of drops to put 07 rims like that out of shape. Edited by Rusevelt

that one hell of a lot of drops to put 07 rims like that out of shape.

The 07 one flatspotting is quite alot to blame for my shit wheel build and loose spokes causing them to snap on impact.Ive got the footage of me doing it i actually land smooth.

Sendin my hub to tarty next time for a build

Edited by Deonn h

Looking at the Funn website it appears there just Sun rims painted White and with new stickers. Even says 'Fun by Sun'

At a guess:

Descender = MTX

Xlrater = SOS

Misfit = King Pin

Nah those arent it. these funn rims are black with lazer etched writing on the super massive 25mm sidewalls. YES 25MM triple boxed rim construction. Massively strong but weigh a ton! availiable in 36h and 48h. about £30. Edited by Rusevelt

Nah those arent it. these funn rims are black with lazer etched writing on the super massive 25mm sidewalls. YES 25MM triple boxed rim construction. Massively strong but weigh a ton! availiable in 36h and 48h. about £30.

Oh right, guess the 07 range on the website would be different to the 06 one your on about then. The MTX sun rims are also amazing, but I'm still not sure how OK they'd be with a rim break.