What Speakers

will

another vote for Altec Lansing

and is it worth getting a setup of 2 speakers and a sub? you get the clarity from the mids then, without them straining to deliver bass as well?

Smithy

I have altec lansings as well, some right beasty things with a double speakered bass unit. Its soooooooo deep. watched armageddon on dvd the other day and when bear started singing leaving on a jetplane my desk rumbled so much a beaker fell off it :lol:

£100 and come with a remote too, bargain.

I've found Altec Lansing to have a really clear sound. Not hugely expensive like other upmarket brands too.

another vote for Altec Lansing

and is it worth getting a setup of 2 speakers and a sub? you get the clarity from the mids then, without them straining to deliver bass as well?

Smithy

I think you may have missed the point slightly unless altec lansing make passive speakers to be powered by a stereo amp

Personally I am quite a fan of the Eltax monitor IIIs from Richer Sounds The Tannoys look quite nice as well, but if you go somewhere like Superfi you can take your amp along and with a bit of luck they'll let you try the speakers out with your amp to see how they sound before you buy. Kudos to you for buying NAD btw - i'm a fan :)

Edit:

alright they do make proper stereo speakers but it's not what you meant is it?

Edited by on that? u must be joking

to be honest for £120 you can do alot better than eltax.

The second hand 100-200 market is always booming. You can get some very good baragins. Lots from mission, kef and like tom said, B&W. Have a little look on ebay at those names

floorstanders or bookshelfs?

colour?

2nd hand ye?

Shelve Units. They are going to be mounted to the wall in some way, I have yet to figure out cable concealment. Colour is irrelevant. I have'nt an great deal of experience buying speakers. Is it a good idea to buy a set of second hand speakers, aesthetic wear and tear Im not too bothered about but after time will the sound quality degrade?

Shelve Units. They are going to be mounted to the wall in some way, I have yet to figure out cable concealment. Colour is irrelevant. I have'nt an great deal of experience buying speakers. Is it a good idea to buy a set of second hand speakers, aesthetic wear and tear Im not too bothered about but after time will the sound quality degrade?

Get yourself down to have Forums, they'll give you some decent advice. They have a for sale and wanted section too, and powerbuy links and all that kind of malarky. They helped me produce this:

post-3959-1175321897_thumb.jpg

post-3959-1175321910_thumb.jpg