Venue Closure

TykeTrial

Devastating news for trials riders, both BikeTrials and motorcycle trials. We have just been informed by the landowner of Addingham Moorside that he has been instructed by Bradford Council to close the venue; to put a notice up to tell people they can't go in, and to chain the gate - for at least 12 months.

Now this has been going on for a long time, with a court case and lot of letters - but now it's official and final after a letter received today.

TykeTrial has been in touch with Yeadon-Guiseley Motorcycle Club who also use the land and are currently deciding what course of action can be taken. Keep checking this site for up to date news.

Don't panic about events booked for Addingham, they can soon be reorganised, there is the more pressing issue to sort out first of trying to keep it open.

I have put a news post up about this, but they take a little time to be approved and get onto that page.

The 'reason'? A man who is on the council has moved into a house along the road. His reasons for wanting it stopping is because of all the traffic driving along the road.

I am in conversation with the local motorbike club discussing what could be done to appeal against this decision, and TykeTrial will be having a meeting to discuss further. An on-line petition is likely to appear in the next week or so.

This indeed would be a very sad day, addingham is possibly the best venue up north, catering for motorbike trials aswell as bicycle trials...........................

a petition is most definatley needed to try and stop this from happening..........................................

ash

What, that makes no sense. So this guy has just moved into a new house, and now wants to reduce the traffic going past the house. He bought the house as it is, not before the traffic started. So he should have taken it into account when buying the house. What an asswhole.

Well judging by that, it should'nt be hard to pertition against. As if he wasn't in the council I doubt they would have done shag all about his requests.

Sounds like just because he's a councillor he feels he has the right to do what he wants. You don't see anyone else moving next to a road and complaining that cars use it. Surely on a small minority of the traffic are actually going to Addingham? Fair enough if it's the noise of 100 2/4 stroke trials bikes every day that bugs him but traffic on a ROAD of all things... how dare they!!

Dave

edit: Did Dougie Lampkin not grow up in Silsden and learnt his trade at Addingham? Reckon if a 14(?) times world champion was to state a case for keeping it open someone would listen...

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

Sounds like just because he's a councillor he feels he has the right to do what he wants. You don't see anyone else moving next to a road and complaining that cars use it. Surely on a small minority of the traffic are actually going to Addingham? Fair enough if it's the noise of 100 2/4 stroke trials bikes every day that bugs him but traffic on a ROAD of all things... how dare they!!

Dave

edit: Did Dougie Lampkin not grow up in Silsden and learnt his trade at Addingham? Reckon if a 14(?) times world champion was to state a case for keeping it open someone would listen...

Yeah lampkin is from silsden, and used addingham alot. Its a joke how hes complaining about there being to much traffic, what does he think roads are for people have the right to drive there cars on it how ever many cars that is.

Theres not even 100 motorbikes up there only the odd time may be when theres a comp trial on. And most times its less than a 100 people that turn out to it.

Yeah lampkin is from silsden, and used addingham alot. Its a joke how hes complaining about there being to much traffic, what does he think roads are for people have the right to drive there cars on it how ever many cars that is.

Theres not even 100 motorbikes up there only the odd time may be when theres a comp trial on. And most times its less than a 100 people that turn out to it.

True, if it gets shut we should organise a mass drive by on his house at 5am, 100+ cars all at once!

True, if it gets shut we should organise a mass drive by on his house at 5am, 100+ cars all at once!

you wanna get everyone you can with a modified car with rediculously huge exhausts to come along give him some real noise to complain about! sounds like he's got nothing better to do! is the road a public road or is it privately owned by the people that own the moor?

you wanna get everyone you can with a modified car with rediculously huge exhausts to come along give him some real noise to complain about! sounds like he's got nothing better to do! is the road a public road or is it privately owned by the people that own the moor?

it's a public road

Ino lets complain to the goverment that the motorway has to many cars on it and that we dont like that so shut down all near by towns and cities. Ive never heard so much poo in my life and there must be 20/30 cars tops sometimes not even that that are parked at addingham when people are just practiceing. And most people come through silsden and then up to addingham which means you dont even pass the guys house and when you do the lanes narrow so your doing no more than 20 tops i would say so you cant cause that much noise. And how does he no the traffic comeing past are going addingham does he sit at his window and watch all day i doubt it. The only reason that he is being listen to by the council is because he is a counciler. I wont be happy if its closed down it one of the best venues in the country imo i think even Adam Raga rates it highly.

I don't think it's to do with noise, I understand he has difficulty driving along the road because of all the vehicles he has to pass.

Awwww.

oh my god thats even more stupid, surely when he bought it he would of relised that he would eventually have to pass a car at some point when goes to and from the house as it such a narrow road. When ive been up there on a comp trial day ive not had alot of trouble where have had to pass lots of cars or that its been really busy with lots of cars on the road at once. I would be happy to help in anyway i can to keep it open and its sad to hear about the old man i never new that he had passes away.

I was up there last night on my push bike, my brother was on motorbike and a friend Darren was on his motorbike.

When the farmer came he was telling us about it was the last night that Addigham would be open. But he didn't say anything about pushbikes being banned.(Not sure if he has told John/Robbie about push bikes) But from what he was saying it's all about the noise why it has been banned. Also he is allowed to open Addigham 15 days a year but he has already had 15 days this year. So this will mean no british push bike championship. No motorbike british championship.

I agree a patition should be made but I don't think it will do alot. Seems like its all over. :unsure:

Matt Rushton

I'd definately join the campaign to keep it open. I'm from Silsden and although I live in Scotland now I spent almost every weekend of my teens up addingham moorside riding till my fingers bled.

It may be a good option for a representative to speak to this guy and find out exactly what is causing him a problem. If he is only bothered about cars parking/driving along the road we may be able to meet him halfway and arrange an off road parking area in the bottom corner. This would keep cars off the road. If we could find out his exact reasons for complaint we could then begin to offer solutions.

I've gone up against people like this before (usually with regards to riding trials) and trying to outright fight them on something like this probably won't work. If we show him we are prepared to compromise and meet half way he may well co-operate a little bit more. This will also help if it gets to the stage of speaking to a local MP as it will show we are prepared to co-operate and help resolve the situation.

Definately get a petition on the go as well. That will give an indication of how much the moorside means to so many people on a national and even international scale.

Cheers guys, Sutty.