Why Trials?

I always Remember walking along the seafront with a few friends or my parents and seeing these group of bikers down are local rocks doing these amazing tricks on bikes from then i started seeing these bikes at school and one guy hopping around in bike sheds , this made me want to give this sport ago once i got a bike , i went down and met these riders which have now become close friends , 4 years on im still doing it to this day never looked back

now doesn't that bring a tear to your eye.

Went to a high security bording school/retard asylm, and the only member of staff that was under 40 and knew who the deftones were was an AMAZING trials rider, he had the pashley from new and i used to dig jumps for him and work my nutts off for an hour and a half to ride his bike for 15 mins on the way back to school.....he baught a norco and got into down hill. sold me the complete bike for 60 quid ! but to me it's priceless, without that bike and the endless dreaming of having something to be proud of i would have gone suicidal like all my mates.....long aronic story bring out the violins !

so yes riding did actually save my life !

Jarrod

Hey good call

I started trials cause a good friend of mine rode and was very good :)

It looked so easy until i got on the bike and realized all i could do was spin my front end around :(

I stuck at it and now about a month into riding i am gettin better everyride :)

It was really really hard at first, if i said it was easy now i still would be lying :(

But all i say is stick with it and the pratice will make it happen :)

Ben

I started trialing when i saw a couple of bikers doing tricks that looked so awesome so i went on a journey

looking for a cheap but decent trials bike and about a month in i found a t-pro for 120 pounds, bought it

and been learning ever since , 5 months on and im getting better every day, as people say:"practise makes perfect"

and obiously it does.Everybody keep up the trials spirit and keep riding out there.

mX (Y)

ah this takes me back a few years now.

my best mate from when i was back in about year 8 used to ride trials with his neighbor and one day i decided to go and watch and see what it acctually was.

then after that i kept going out with them and i used to borrow his old, old t-pro, the one that had almost a bmx sort of frame.

well i got into a lot saved up the money and went out and bought a brand new 04 t-pro and loved it ever since.

My dad has rode mototrials since engines first came about(or some time about then lol) so i got into mototrials. From there i made friends with people who had push bikes and i got one to help improve my balance etc for the mototrials. But now im converted to pushbikes, i just really enjoy it.Geting back into the motorbike though, living in the heart of the scotish six days trails does help that. but yeah ahving a dad whos very keen to see me progress on the bike has helped lots and let me get into this magical sport lol

Heres my history into the sport:

Was bored one day at school in my lunch break and noticed some rather odd bikes parked in the bike racks. I walked over and began checking out the rather odd, seatless bikes hoping that I would be able to figure out what it was for, but failed. The lads who owned the bikes noticed me looking at their bikes and came over to see what I was doing, I asked them what they were for and they started pulling off some odd hopping moves (simple skip hop), I was amazed on how they could do that on a bike. They told me that it was called bike trials and that I should get a bike so I could ride with them. After that, I purchased a few bits for my 26" Saracen X-Cell Jump/Trail bike. I rode that for like 6 months to just get used to the basics and after purchased an Onza T-Vee (embarrasement) but it was this bike that lasted me a year of progression untill early 2005 when I snapped it in half (fun fun). After the incident I bought an Onza T-Pro which I rode very well untill October 05 when I bought my Echo Team Frame... This frame has seen alot since then and a hell of a lot of modification and hard riding recently as I have been going rather large, unfortunately she is out of working order at the moment as I have no thread in my brake mounts... GU Typhoon soon to be at the end of this month!! Yay!! (Y)

So will have my Echo Team frame up for sale in a few weeks... £80ono for anyone who would be interested in the sexy beast??

If you would be interested, contact me on MSN at call_the_police@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers

John Boy

post-14157-1178745121_thumb.jpg

2001 BikeShow at the NEC. Seeing the Martins, Akrigg and the Tongue brothers ride some mental stuff (probally would be average size now).

I really don't know why I have a passion for trials in particular, I've loved riding since I got my first 'decent' bike (kona fire mountain) at the age of 9. That was like 8 years ago, and it's just something I don't think I could live easily without. Trials is more skill, technique and precision where as other types of riding are about your testicular fortitude or your stamina. And because it's basically a unheard sport, it's just nice to get out of the mainstream and progress.

I figured it'd be safer than taking up bmxing again after 10 years off bikes.

I was wrong so I got another bmx

ha ha.. :lol: you'd be safer on a trials bike John!

Well, I guess in Luxembourg, when I was jumping on a vert ramp with an old sleel MTB, there was a guy with a Cannondale killerV doing small hops everywhere and balancing on the rear wheel, and I thought... whoah... I want the same bike and could jump and climb everywhere!

It's only years later that I could buy my dream bike of the time, the killerV... but what a sensation, so light and so easy to hop around compared to what I had been trying to do on that big heavy MTB.

that is a good shout....

i started off bmxin then started drit jumpin.....

got a job in a bike shop and met nick mannin and went out with him.then converted my bike to a trials bike and went from there really

I watched a guy do a slow bike race at a primary school sports day about 10 years ago, it was on a 100m running track and he wheelied about half way then just did a track stand untill everyone else had either got to the end or fallen off. I thought it was excellent and wanted to be able to balance like that, so i tried, and after i while i could.

thankyou mr trackstand man! (Y)

i rode moto x for a few years got bord of it sold me cr 85 and a friend said he was going to buy a trials bike and i needed a new hobbie so with the money i had from motobike got meself a t-brid and been ridin together ever since (Y)

• 10 months later...