Monty Brake Spray

If you ask my opinion putting anything on your rim is rubbish, just grind it and set it up with decent pads! ive mucked about with everything on rims i even used cough mixture... but no sack that nothing like a clean setup

Never used it but fan belt adhesive has the same principle and that worked awesome on my old bike but now i have a new set up which i find is the BEST brake i have ever had... water bled 04 magura Zoo! pads on a filed rim! Its a beast of a brake. (Y)

Cheers

Adam

ive used monty spray its ok.......ive used a tiny weenie bit of tar on a clean rim it works slightly better but the best set up by far has to be.......light sharp grind 05 maggie with water bleed and either plazz crm pads ....or koxx reds amazing brake............

i would say if you dont wish to run a grind get your self a set of either pads listed above and only a small amount of tar.......works verry well

dave

If you ride lots in the wet, Monty spray will be much better. It's resin in the form of a spray and that won't wash off easily. On the other hand, tar and water is probably the worst thing you can have on a rim other than grease.

That the brake spray has a better function - use it on rails to get really good grip :turned:

This thread is shit.

To those people who say it stick's your pads to the rim's and you prefer to use tar, does tar never stick your pads to your rim? If not, it's because you are applying just enough to hold, but not enough to stick. Why can't you apply the same principle to the monty spray?

It only sticks the pads to the rim when you use too much. When you know what your doing you can achieve the same effect as tar on your rim, the advantage over tar then being what inur pointed out, wet weather peformance.