The Frame I Made Out Of Polystyrene

new_to_trials

Hi there,

Over the past week i have been design and makeing frames here is one of the frames i have design and made. Its almost like the 04 t-mag just with a couple of a justments here are some pictures

It is not yet finshed has to be sprayed and my logo put on it.

If there are any frames you think i should make tell me and ill be able to make them in about 1-2 weeks

thanks sam

tell me what you think

pictures-post-7430-1179417413_thumb.jpg

post-7430-1179417612_thumb.jpg

post-7430-1179417653_thumb.jpg

Edited by new_to_trials

How much does it weigh?

Whats the geometry?

How much would you sell them for??

I'd be really interested in buying one if you make some more, think it looks lush in the raw white.

Maybe you could make one out a higher density? Then you'd be able to ride it?

It looks pretty strong in the pictures, maybe could do with some gusseting to strenghten it?

But other than that looks sound.

sarcasm.jpg

Welds look abit shabby, You've forgotten brake mounts.

Is this going to be a rear disc frame?

Has it been heat treated?

:P

EDIT: Piss taking aside i think it looks quite cool, There are some things about it i really like, Just a shame its the shape of an old(ish) onza. :(

Edited by Alan

polystyrene or styrafoam (sp?) are awesome model making tools... if you want a really nice finnish cover it in car bodyfiller and then spray it, thats how you make plugs for fibrelgass moulds etc! its an effort though!

If you want to go down this route you have to spray the foam in two pack paint (used on exteriors of houses) as, ive forgotten the details but something in the bodyfiller will eat the foam and this works as a barrier. then sand/fill/sand/fill/sand/fill etc, filler prime x3 then paint.. you'll have an awesome (but useless) mould!

the other alternative is to cad up the drawing and get the model laser cut out of foam :)

How did you make that without that horrible cringing feeling running down your back?

The THOUGHT of polystyrene is making me feel horrible!!

It's not like the polystyrene that you get if you buy a telly and it comes packed in it. It's more like dense foam type stuff, doesn't squeak like the usual kind as far as I can remember! It's lovely stuff!

Davey

It's not like the polystyrene that you get if you buy a telly and it comes packed in it. It's more like dense foam type stuff, doesn't squeak like the usual kind as far as I can remember! It's lovely stuff!

Davey

Ah yes, I know the stuff. We used to use it in technology. All those years ago....