Marino Bike 2013 Team Rider Found & frame order discussion thread

LEON

Why is he telling you it and not the customers?

What a berk.

i was asking abou my own frame and he said he has to give the frames to the heat treating company one after another becaus they are pretty saturated with orders.

heĀ“ll probably wait to get all frames finished togrther due to lower shipping cost if he sends them all in one container going to uk...

.....yo give is what yo get :giggle: .months of waiting for years of riding or deng and a half year of riding.but the money/performance ratio is vice versa.

what do you want to get?iĀ“m rather waiting then killing 3 frames during that time... :wink2:

Edited by FamilyBiker

I'm paying for postage to wait months extra for him to save money on postage? To then get a reply back you "get what you get" (if that's what your trying to say) from his team rider's

He is still only talking to you via email not anyone else

All we seem to be getting is naff excuses from you and no frames. He told me a time scale before I put my order which is almost 3 months ago now

These topic reply's will all stop if he gets back to me.

EDIT: I didn't mean that to sound like I am having a go at you I'm just loosing faith in this company and in shock he STILL has yet to reply to any of us.

Edited by Seabasss

He actually sent me an email a few days ago to say they were about to go into paint, and apologising but he 'has to look at the details' to which I replied with a bit of harsh reality.

He did say my frame would be here next week though, although I doubt that!

I'm paying for postage to wait months extra for him to save money on postage? To then get a reply back you "get what you get" (if that's what your trying to say) from his team rider's

He is still only talking to you via email not anyone else

All we seem to be getting is naff excuses from you and no frames. He told me a time scale before I put my order which is almost 3 months ago now

These topic reply's will all stop if he gets back to me.

EDIT: I didn't mean that to sound like I am having a go at you I'm just loosing faith in this company and in shock he STILL has yet to reply to any of us.

Which team rider told you "get what you get"?

I'm with you on this one, I don't pay for my frames, it's freezing cold for the next few months so I'm not too bothered when I get mine, but if I was a paying customer I wouldn't be happy.

When you get your frames you need to all give him feedback about the service, if he gets enough of the same he should act on it & improve things. He asks me & Ross for feedback & stuff so we'll include that.

I think when his 4/5 tons of tubes turned up he already had a back log of orders to do, mostly bike polo stuff in Peru that was ordered before ours.

I really do think he gives himself unrealistic amounts of work, leading to unrealistic deadlines.

But like JD said, the frames are all made, and it sounds like they're heat treated too if they're ready for painting.

Then it's just a 3 week wait for the new vinyl for the stickers

:wink2:

Edited by LEON
  • Like 2

also i arent a team rider or something,just a personal friend of marino who used this fact as an opportunity to keep you all informed here,and i got beaten for it. :giggle:

it always was a big problem for marino to keep his deadlines,he cant raise his prices in an ammount to make it possible to give someone a job,noone would order them except chilenean or peruvian riders(low to no shipping costs),he wants!!!to weld every frame by himself to ensure the quality,that makes things slow.

its not okay to promise things that you cant keep,totally right.

but i for myself think its better to have a custom marino frame after a half year for the price of a single downtube here in germany,than getting laughed at at a german framebuilders shop for asking to get a frame for that really really cheap ammount. :wink2:

ask triton or rcp or every other builder how long it takes to get a frame,half a year is pretty normal.

i think marinos fault is his optimism of how many work he can do at one time,little unrealistic to be honest.

its no apology,its just my opinion

Edited by FamilyBiker

Agreed. 2 months for a frame is really really good. Just think, they may have to wait for materials, tool replacement, spraying and couriers. That doesn't leave much build time..

I too wouldn't excuse his lack of communication, but his build time, that's cool. My first time with Standard was a disaster about 6 years ago, the UK distributor was useless at passing information. 3 months later, i eventually found out that Standard hadn't even started my frame, despite changes being made to the initial design because of what Standard was saying :S About 2 or 3 years back, i had some forks done from them. They were built and on my door step within a month. I think both my Tritons were on the 3/4 month turn around time too.

Though it could be worse. My friend had a Leeson done, i actually can't remember how long that took. Guy was a joke.

Remember there's always Jaff too. His stuff is looking gooood!

As for Andre, that's great news. Andre is one of the coolest riders i've been able to hang out with. I'd probably stick him in my top 3 :P:D