Marino Bike 2013 Team Rider Found & frame order discussion thread

LEON

This seems well deserved. there was not a line in that second video where i found myself saying 'Eh?? Even I could do that' as I find myself doing far too much when I watch sponsored videos. spot on.

Your the guy who snapped some inspired forks and put them through your hand aren't you? Sound like your gonna be a good product tester...

Well through my hand would be weird. haha.. No. I snapped a well abused fork and the steering tube went through my shoe. Got quite close to my toe though.

Wasn't really any preference, but he's the most well rounded rider we saw, he can hook big walls, he can front wheel up to rails, he can do all the trialsy stuff despite being on a pretty street specific bike, he has all the flatland as well, he can ride street so aggressively and stylishly. He can backflip, do barspin drops, tailwhips and generally has no fear. He's a pretty complete rider, so I wasn't surprised by the decision.

I think those things are what won it for him.

Edited by LEON
  • Like 3

And he has been in my house..Therefore making him even cooler!! He is a lad!!

Likewise!

Seriously, this couldn't have gone to anyone better. When i finally get round to making the Tour edit you'll see how good Andre really is. Wheelswap to hop bar on a bench, fresh off the plane after being awake for 48 hours sums it up really... Boy goes hard.

• Like 3

@the guy with the weird username; I don't think snapping one pair of forks makes someone a good product tester, many people snap bike parts all the time.. If you don't, you should probably try harder.

Anyways, congratulations Andre! I'm jealous :-P

This. And from what I've been seeing, breaking forks is not that uncommon at the moment. Like Sam said "if you don't, you should probably try harder", in a moderate sense of course, but the point is when your out trying new stuff, your bike is going to take all your mistakes, specially when speed adds to the equation. And from what I've experienced through the years aluminium is not known for it's forgiveness when it come to harsh impacts. Chromoly maybe not be ultimate strength solution but it has given it's proofs on the streets for many years, that's why I'm really stoked to ride marino's frame and fork, specially these new versions with integrated head tube, clean dropouts, butted chromoly and the option of a full custom geometry.

Thanks boys! Really enjoyed this years trip, had a really good time with you guys .Looking forward for the next years 24" tour!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i was thinking of a crystal fx painting,i can do it,but marino cant unfortunately.

that looks so so good.if marino will reply to my last mail soon,its possible i could show some nice pics of every single frame here .

waiting sucks

edit:...if the owners agree with it.

Edited by FamilyBiker