Strongest crank/bb?

Jake.

My bad! Yeah but after 5 years and starting to go bigger than before it's a little niggle at the back of my mind that wants me to replace them.

Can't afford them to snap on a gap to a rail or something daft haha.

Just wanted to see if I've missed anything out there.

• Like 1

Gigapipe and Echo tr ?

Ooooh truvativ that's a good shout! Cheers :)

Currently trying to decide between tryall/echo tr/trialtech forged for the cranks... Still feel like there must be something stronger though :(

I had the same sort of thoughts running through my head at the start of the year only I was more worried about the cranks stripping on the screw on threads, I've only ever seen the Tryall, echo spanish style and Trialtech bottom brackets snap on riders so the cheaper heavier bottom brackets are a good shout for strength.

since there a billion tech-savy people on here:

wouldn't a ffw-adapter for bmx-style cranks a rather easy thing to build?

just a cylinder with a thread on the outer sind and either a spline drive hole in the middle or an axle hole and another (nano drive) bolt? i guess this wouldn't be too complicated. i'd buy one.

(possibly even easier if you make it with an built-in bash?)

Edited by jeff costello

Giga Pipe or a Raceface Signature DH Isis, I've had the same one for what seems like about 8 years now. The Trialtech one is great, but the thickness of it worried me a bit, the RaceFace axle is much thicker (smaller bolts) little things like that are always in the back of my mind, for the sake of about 50 grams I wouldn't risk it if you break stuff regularly.

• Like 1

trialtech sport lite bbs have never let me down, surely it's okay to use a lightish one if you replace it annually... i did some of my best riding on an old tt sport lite bb, i snapped three frames and only stopped using it because i got an echo press fit jobbie.

trialtech sl cranks are rad.

I hammered the shit out of my first set of trial tech sport cranks (the forged ones) that I bought 4 years ago and they're still down in the garage as spares.

I love my Trialtech SLs, not overly heavy but still plenty beefy

Cheers Damon, think that's what I was gonna run anyway- thanks for backing it up.

Yeah what I don't understand is TRIALS specific parts are becoming more and more designed to be as light as possible... Compromising strength too. Starting to have to outsource to BMX for chains and DH for cranks, pedals, and bbs. :(

I've been running 170 TT sport forged with an onza (now tensile) bb since about this time 2012. Not the exact same BB I must add but that's cos I bend them, which is not the end of the world, and only people who are left footed (and I'm right foot) notice due to it being bedded in my way.

The reason I kept chucking them in is 'cos they are £18.99 sent!

Just as a side note, this plan must work as I took my cranks off on monday and the splines are as tight as were the day they went on - still takes some right grunt on the crank puller. On 3yr old cranks I pretty bloody happy with that.

Edited by CC12345678910
  • Like 1