What Frames Have You Had?

weirdoku

Hey all,

I'm interested to know what everyone has had since they started riding trials. Doesn't have to be a proper trials frame.

Also would like a little description why you changed frames. Snapped? Battered? Got bored of the frame?

I'll start.

08 20" GU Typhoon - First trials bike, plus it was cheap as it came complete.

Thanks!

Savio

Saracen xess-changed because it was wayyyy too short

Coyote slalom-loved it but realised i needed something more trials orientated

Onza t raptor-got stolen

GT 18inch xc frame-Temporary solution

Base TA26-awesome but then made a silly mistake thinking i could do better by getting...

Curtis T1-shittest frame i ever had, nasty things

Megamo Radical-got boring

Base TA26-another cos i loved it so

Then i got a downhill bike...realised suffolk is flat sooo...

BaseTA26-RAD but i wanted to jump onto the 24 bandwagon

Onza Zoot-awesome little bike, then i quit

Now riding a Pashley GHZ, and its fantastic, dont really intend on changing!

-03/04 saracen x-cell - was a ghetto thing but was a good laugh - was too short/ gay so i changed it to...

-05 Zoo Pitbull - got me into proper trials, rode it for about 6 months and quit for another 8 months, then rode it for 4 months before putting a rear disc on it, then realising long low and silver was gay...

-Leeson 660 D15C - awesome frame, i loved it. Short, flicky, DD, but it was too short for me, and i wanted to join the bandwagon...

-Leeson 609 Bump - Currently in the postal system, another weird and wonderful frame, but shares the same geo as an Inspired, is a 24, and is a 609 (i've wanted one since they were first made, but could never afford one)

Can't see myself changing the current frame, i've always wanted one and can't think of anything that could top it :)

First was a 24" kids bike I modified to do a bit of Trials on, wasn't really a great bike for doing anything apart from normal riding so as soon as I tired that one out I got a Mission Trials Master in metallic red (still have it) then a Brisa B26, then a Brisa B26D, then a Base TA26 (awful frame) then Drummond leant me one of his frames which I had for ages (bullet proof!) then I got an Echo Bounce which was epic but I broke it going down some stairs in Woking lol (ask Adrian Jordan about that one lol) Then I managed to get a Leeson (Matt Tongue's old frame - very tight loved it!), then I sold that cos it was cracked in a couple of places then I started riding my Mission again for a bit I think, then I got my Ashton Justice which I have had nearly two years I think! Getting bored of it, has been the best frame ive ever had though! Think that is the rough order!

Edited by Jonny Jones

t-rex- wanted a decent frame, adamant a2 - long and high bb was a mistake, 05 short pitbull - cracked it, 07 gu - decided again high bb was wrong, 05 short pitbull - cracked it , 03 short pitbull - best frame yet. so so nice :)

I thought 04' was the first year for the pitbull, wasn't before then the Boa?

I thought 04' was the first year for the pitbull, wasn't before then the Boa?

nope...03s were the first....

Saracen x-ess 03 in white...too short and too low bb rise

Onza woodstock frame - too short again for me, and again not enough bb rise

pitbull 04 - just got bored, and got next frame for free

coustellier st. blaise - still have it just lend it to my mate now and again....lovely bike :)

Zona zenith - best bike so far; love it to bits

Merida Fireball

221 X-Lite with square bottom tube

Mongoose NX 9.5

221 X-Lite with round bottom tube

Author A-Gang 26"

RB Bandit FR

Echo Team '03 long

Custom Mielec 24" frame

Merida DS or something like that

Zoo Python '05 long

Duncon Akita

Author A-Gang 24"

GU Typhoon '06 long and short

221 Ti disc

Echo Pure '04 short

Adamant A1 '06 short

Noize

Triton custom frame

Adamant A1 '07 long

KO-Bikes KM1 Long

Zoo Python '04

Echo Control 07' short

Echo Lite 07' short

Favorites in order:

1. Triton

2. Adamant A1

3. 221Ti

Onza T-Vee - I changed it as I was running a magura on 2 bolt mounts which moved all the time.

Onza T-Pro - Lovely bike, perfect geo, not excessively low or long, but I cracked it around the headtube/downtube gusset.

Echo Lite - This frame is like my best friend, there are times when I don't get on with it, or say its too long for (I always wonder what it would be like if I bought the shorter version), but not having the money to change it means I have been able to stick to it, and its really growing on me now, it doesn't necessarily suit my style and I don't look that comfrtable on it, but I think I'm going to ride it 'til the end.

Awaits Nick Manning's ridiculously long list of bikes/frames he has had.

Right, starting from when i could backhop, before that, it was just riding round

Raleigh rsp 250 - this was before trials bikes where really around, it was strong, it was small, it did the job.

Azonic DS2 - loved this frame, probably the best frame i had, went the biggest i ever went on it, everything was just mega smooth, was more streety, but it was the best i rode. Snapped it a couple of inches behind the headtube, fairly clean snap.

then get a DS1, which was a load stiffer, and just not as sweet somehow.

then got a handsome dog rockolla, which i liked, but never really went big on it, it just never felt smooth somehow(every landing felt heavy)

Then onto a monty urban, which lasted a few months, then started to crack behind the headtube.

Got a BT raven 4.0, which i loved for like a few hours, then realised it just wasnt that nice(it was extremely good on the backwheel, but was a bit too hoppy as opposed to manuals)

then bought an ashton justice, which i liked a lot more, but ive never really got back into it.