What To Get The Lady For Her 18th

Davetrials

Well since I've been riped for a suggestion i simply agreed to, which i sill think is i good idea because although its un-original its still a really nice thing to do.

If she is into the hole clubbing thing maybe take her somewhere a bit clubby (obviously not local) and then maybe check into a hotel which could b nice if you don't live together already?

If its good weather, a walk along the beach after a nice meal?

ORR If you want to keep it pretty cheap, use your skills as a photographer (I'm sure u already have many amazing images of her) and go to a photo shop and have it blown up pretty large and frame it. Maybe do a bit of photoshop just to really flatter her.

And this may seem a tacky thing but me and my ex always used to do something we had to put effort into for each over so we came up with such things as 'memory books' with pictures of all the places and things that we love, and some little home made movie things went down well too.

Im gonan try and think up somnthing that centimental(SP?) and make sumthing and so on, then spend what money i have on a meal n stuff, now i gotta think what to make, she made me a book with photos and emails and stuff like all the way though our relationship, she gave me it on our year aniversary so im gonna finish that off, ermmmmmmmm

Pay for a weekend away for the two of you somewhere she mentions she might like to go (if she hasnt, bring it up, ask her!)

"if there is one place in the uk you'd like to go! where would it be and why?"

then she is giving you a full on answer to what you can do for her.....you can take her to the place, put you both up in a hotel, and take her to see / do the reason why she would like to go there.

Basically spoil her rotten.

Depends on how much moolah you earn though....

(and dont listen to rory above, thats such a gay idea IMO)

you dont have to do something she will treasure for ever....because she more than likely wont, in my previous experiences.

Edited by ben_travis

Yeah......and whats your point.......You something special so you have to go and blow everything out of proportion by doing something different so everyone else ?

Christ you annoy me alot.

Danny.

I annoy you because i think thats boring? Cor, you're life must be enthralled with annoyance and anger then.

Seriously, if thats a 'special' date then your relationship is shit. That should be normal stuff in a good relationship, no, not every week, but if thats a special event i'd start asking myself some questions.

Sit her down, get talking about stuff she's not done in a while, stuff she liked when she was younger, like her fondest memories and so on, and if at any one point a man listens to their girl, it should be now. Take note of what she says and when you hear a possible date solution act on it. For example, if she remembers going bowling with her older sister who has now moved away, tell her to hold that though, disappear for 5 minutes, google for the largest bowlplex in the UK and go there, there and then.

Show her you are spontaneous and that the relationship wont get boring.

Obviously bowling isn't the best example, but if thats her fondest memory then thats your call to act on it.

Good luck.

PS: the whole 'young+simon' thing is getting really, really boring.

And this may seem a tacky thing but me and my ex always used to do something we had to put effort into for each over so we came up with such things as 'memory books' with pictures of all the places and things that we love, and some little home made movie things went down well too.

That sounds fine if you're thirteen, but if my GF gave me one of them now I'd ACT pleased but be thinking wtf?

Pay for a weekend away for the two of you somewhere she mentions she might like to go (if she hasnt, bring it up, ask her!)

"if there is one place in the uk you'd like to go! where would it be and why?"

then she is giving you a full on answer to what you can do for her.....you can take her to the place, put you both up in a hotel, and take her to see / do the reason why she would like to go there.

Bingo, that sounds like the best suggestion so far. And if possible (say she doesn't work weekends, and you've cleared it with her rents incase they've planned something) don't tell her, just turn up on a friday evening and tell her to pack some things. Suprises almost always get the best reaction.

That sounds fine if you're thirteen, but if my GF gave me one of them now I'd ACT pleased but be thinking wtf?

Bingo, that sounds like the best suggestion so far. And if possible (say she doesn't work weekends, and you've cleared it with her rents incase they've planned something) don't tell her, just turn up on a friday evening and tell her to pack some things. Suprises almost always get the best reaction.

All depends. My gf would love doing something like that because shes very artistic, and generally enjoys doing that sort of shite.

But i'll agree Bens suggestion is by far the best so far :)

Seriously, if thats a 'special' date then your relationship is shit. That should be normal stuff in a good relationship, no, not every week, but if thats a special event i'd start asking myself some questions.

Sorry, my 1st reply was a quick one and i failed to notice the fact that 18 is actualy a special birthday, but i updated with some fresh ideas so :).

BUT YER, do check out the link i poseted it would look good.

Yeah...

He pick's them up from school and takes them to youth club.....

:P

like simon would lower himself to poking a woman that far past her best.

a bear and a good rogering should see to it

btw

i'm in greece and the weather is better here so f**k you all

I annoy you because i think thats boring? Cor, you're life must be enthralled with annoyance and anger then.

Sit her down, get talking about stuff she's not done in a while, stuff she liked when she was younger, like her fondest memories and so on, and if at any one point a man listens to their girl, it should be now. Take note of what she says and when you hear a possible date solution act on it. For example, if she remembers going bowling with her older sister who has now moved away, tell her to hold that though, disappear for 5 minutes, google for the largest bowlplex in the UK and go there, there and then.

Show her you are spontaneous and that the relationship wont get boring.

Obviously bowling isn't the best example, but if thats her fondest memory then thats your call to act on it.

Good luck.

PS: the whole 'young+simon' thing is getting really, really boring.

In all Honesty, your suggestion is pritty damn lame. What you have got to understand is Simon. How old are you ? 20 is it. To be perfectly honest. At your age, you shouldn't be on a trials forum, discussing things with teenagers. You need to get out more. Plus, we are all going to see this kind of things from different aspects, simply because we are all of different ages.

If you think that when she mentions bowling etc, 5 minutes later, tell her were going. It's lame. You need to discuss the matter a few weeks before, even a month so she isn't expecting it when you say it, because knowing girls she will probably of even ended up forgetting the discussion you had.

But like i said Simon, your idea and opinion is perfectly fine because to be honest, if we all agreed with each other in this day in age, the world just wouldn't be normal.

Peace out.

Danny.

yada...... get talking about stuff she's not done in a while, stuff she liked when she was younger, like her fondest memories and so on, and if at any one point a man listens to their girl, it should be now. Take note of what she says and when you hear a possible date solution act on it. For example, if she remembers going bowling with her older sister who has now moved a...... yada

Why, the f**king hell, should you pay special attention because she's one day older than yesterday, and one day younger than tommorow? It just doesnt make sense :S

Why, the f**king hell, should you pay special attention because she's one day older than yesterday, and one day younger than tommorow? It just doesnt make sense :S

\cos she's 18 - if i've got my maths right you forgot what 18 was like a couple of years ago. 18 means she can f**k rich men who previously would have considered her jailbait. Τhe only hope poor dave has now is to wow her with romantic gestures like teddy bears - his sexual peak is pretty much past so all he has left is either money or sensitivity

ιμ στιλλ σρθνκ ανδ ιν γρεεψε

γο ον, τρανσλατε τηατ μοτηερφθψκερ

why ask an internet forum for advice on something you are already more than suited to choose.

is a mysteryyy to i.

Ed, are you a jehovah's innocent bystander?

No, I dont think they let you swear so that's me out :P

I just can't see why you should treat anyone better on their birthday. Its no great challenge in our world to get to eighteen, you havent dont anything special to get there, it's just appeared. It's not a surprise, so that element doesnt happen. Perhaps I'm in a minority, but I reckon you should look after everyone, all the time. Rewards are for achieving something, not having it happen to you.

\cos she's 18 - if i've got my maths right you forgot what 18 was like a couple of years ago. 18 means she can f**k rich men who previously would have considered her jailbait. Τhe only hope poor dave has now is to wow her with romantic gestures like teddy bears - his sexual peak is pretty much past so all he has left is either money or sensitivity

ιμ στιλλ σρθνκ ανδ ιν γρεεψε

γο ον, τρανσλατε τηατ μοτηερφθψκερ

I remember eighteen, it was a lot like seventeen but I was taller :P

At your age, you shouldn't be on a trials forum, discussing things with teenagers. You need to get out more.

Heh?

Since when is there an age limit to ride trials. Seriously dude, think before you type.

Get out more? If i did that i'd be living on the streets. Don't lecture me on having no life when you know nothing about me, your like 10, you don't even know what 'out' is yet...

See what i did there?

If you think that when she mentions bowling etc, 5 minutes later, tell her were going. It's lame. You need to discuss the matter a few weeks before, even a month so she isn't expecting it when you say it, because knowing girls she will probably of even ended up forgetting the discussion you had.

Plan a few weeks in advance to go bowling? :ermm:

Being spontaneous, keeping the girlfriend/wife/what ever on the edge of the seat, wanting to be with you to see what exciting thing you'll think of next. Women want memories, not one month in advance plans.

And as i said, bowling was a great example, but it was easy to think of at the time.

I couldn't agree more, should be done through out the year, but its like an unwritten rule isn't it, if you forget any event like that, even to like the anniversary of their pets death, your up shit creek with a fork for a paddle and have to put 3 times the effort you was going to put in for the certain calender event to make up for it. :(

I couldn't agree more, should be done through out the year, but its like an unwritten rule isn't it, if you forget any event like that, even to like the anniversary of their pets death, your up shit creek with a fork for a paddle and have to put 3 times the effort you was going to put in for the certain calender event to make up for it. :(

I think a well known bike shop propietor was right. Girls are evil.

Heh?

Since when is there an age limit to ride trials. Seriously dude, think before you type.

Get out more? If i did that i'd be living on the streets. Don't lecture me on having no life when you know nothing about me, your like 10, you don't even know what 'out' is yet...

Haha. Proves how all high and mighty this all famous "Web Developer" Simon Fryer is. You don't know absolutely anything, Im 16 nearly 17. You think you know absolutely everything about Web Design. To be perfectly honest i don't know anything about it. But from the look of your web site it's damn boring and not creative at all.

But back to the point. There you go again. Kicking off with your arrogance because you think your so much better than us "Kids". News flash, try something new. Also for the "If i got out more i would be living on the streets". To be perfectly honest that actually might do you some good because it's people like you who make me want to not come on this place because your so far up your own arse it annoys me alot.

Danny.

Haha. Proves how all high and mighty this all famous "Web Developer" Simon Fryer is. You don't know absolutely anything, Im 16 nearly 17. You think you know absolutely everything about Web Design. To be perfectly honest i don't know anything about it. But from the look of your web site it's damn boring and not creative at all.

But back to the point. There you go again. Kicking off with your arrogance because you think your so much better than us "Kids". News flash, try something new. Also for the "If i got out more i would be living on the streets". To be perfectly honest that actually might do you some good because it's people like you who make me want to not come on this place because your so far up your own arse it annoys me alot.

Danny.

i'll have to stop you there, There's no need to be personal, and there's shit all wrong with Simon.

Heya Davey, Dont get her a teddybear, altho i love teddy bears if i got one from my boyfriend i'd just think how f**king unoriginal and boring.. lol.

Jewellery is usually a good thing, if you can get matching necklace/earrings/bracelet then they're usually pretty well liked.

The Weekends away/day at the beach would be the best present in my opinion, i'd love it, and i know you said weathers shit but you could always give her like room reservations made for some other time, like booking somewhere snowy in scotland near christmas? (not the best example but you understand? lol) and then just take her for a meal on her birthday?

I know sounds a bit cheesy but a birthday card is pretty important and can mean more than a present a lot of the time, so you could spend a bit of time lookin for a decent pretty looking one with nice words, (not just the biggest one.. :P)

You could book something a bit more exciting or different though? is she into sports or energetic things at all? could take her out for a day of like karting or something?? i dunno just different things you could dwell upon.

=] good luck. xxxxx

Heya Davey, Dont get her a teddybear, altho i love teddy bears if i got one from my boyfriend i'd just think how f**king unoriginal and boring.. lol.

Jewellery is usually a good thing, if you can get matching necklace/earrings/bracelet then they're usually pretty well liked.

The Weekends away/day at the beach would be the best present in my opinion, i'd love it, and i know you said weathers shit but you could always give her like room reservations made for some other time, like booking somewhere snowy in scotland near christmas? (not the best example but you understand? lol) and then just take her for a meal on her birthday?

I know sounds a bit cheesy but a birthday card is pretty important and can mean more than a present a lot of the time, so you could spend a bit of time lookin for a decent pretty looking one with nice words, (not just the biggest one.. :P)

You could book something a bit more exciting or different though? is she into sports or energetic things at all? could take her out for a day of like karting or something?? i dunno just different things you could dwell upon.

=] good luck. xxxxx

see the female who posted agreed with my suggestion. ben travis's romance column ***

Edited by ben_travis

Danny Kearns crying like a 10 year old again I see...

Anyway, this thread is total bollocks. If you think that us lot (your friendly co-members at Trials Forum) have a better idea than you about what to buy your girlfriend, then isn't that a bit worrying? Whatever you buy, make sure she knows/thinks you chose it and not anyone on here.