What Do You Want To See In Next Gen Trials Frames?

m4rko

1. Horizontal dropouts in 135mm width. None of this 113mm rubbish.

2. Inbuilt booster or better alternative.

3. 4 bolts mounts with bigger thread or alternative.

4. Seat wouldn't go amiss. Am getting jealous of people with ashtons.

5. Disc mounts so we can at least try it.

4 Bolt mounts under the seat stays.

post-10380-1186087540_thumb.jpg

post-10380-1186087568_thumb.jpg

If you have a high frame then it ends up a slightly funny shape so that there's room for the booster, probably wouldn't be an issue if you went for something mega-low though. (but then they don't deserve to be called seat stays any more) You also get the interesting side-effect that the brake only squeaks when you go backwards! Mine does anyway. S'all good. I did it cos I'll get a V at some point.

The inverted Magura mounts would give you more braking power but would be incredibly difficult to set up and could cause problems.

Was going to order them on my new frame, but - firstly there would be no space for a brake booster, secondly the pistons would get in the way of cranks and without running a very wide bb or narrow rim / really thin pads you probably wouldn't be able to ride at all. Most of the frames with inverted mounts i've seen, have a really long seat tube and are far from compact. So it's either inverted mounts, or low standover which riders seem to prefer.

On the other hand, it would be great on mods.

The inverted Magura mounts

incredibly difficult to set up and could cause problems.

very wide bb

Yeah kind of. My brake is slightly more awkward to get at being underneath but it's not too bad, maybe cos of the high frame. Fine for me cos I wanted that, probably not gonna be popular with most people in the Tuckage thread though...

I had a bit of a mission finding a long enough BB especially since I wanted square taper 73mm shell. The limiting factor was actually stopping my chainring from scraping the frame though, there was a few mm clearance between pistons and cranks even with a 120ish BB. This all just for one example though I guess.

why not have 26" trials frames with a bashplate, like the base ta26? because using a bashguard means that the thing you are stalling on is free to rotate as your pedals do... so if you wanted to turn your cranks to get them into a better position, you might lose your balance.

Better/more innovative tensioners - perhaps an international standard for frame-mounted tensioners similar to the Leeson KISSS. Especially now that no-one really needs gears any more now that the comp rules are relaxed.

Better dropouts - QR dropouts are just so last year. In mountain bikes it's all about the 20mm axles/maxles - Why not in trials?

People are going to realise that Neon / Fluoro looks shit...

We've sort of discovered the best geometry for big sidehops, big gaps etc. But it will be a while until we perfect sensible natural-orientated frames since it's much more difficult to measure their performance quantitatively. People will realise that these bikes are more fun overall.

SPDs. Honestly.

:P

Alot more Carbon Fibre. It's essential if the bikes are to get stiffer and lighter more expensive but more bling

Better/more innovative tensioners - perhaps an international standard for frame-mounted tensioners similar to the Leeson KISSS. Especially now that no-one really needs gears any more now that the comp rules are relaxed.

Sounds good.

Better dropouts - QR dropouts are just so last year. In mountain bikes it's all about the 20mm axles/maxles - Why not in trials?

Cos I can't afford new wheels that's why!