f**ks Sake.

Phatmike

i got 6 points in my first two years of driving, basically you go back to provsional status, so no you can't pre book you test because you won't have you provisional license yet. You got to court, get revoked then you apply for the test. As an extra kick in the balls, your 'first two years of driving will then start again when you have passed your test.

yeah, but the way mike drives, i would have banned him.

whoever gave him a licence must have been high in the first place.

Hes not a TERRIBLE driver... he managed to do donuts with 6 of on the roof pretty well considering he was stoned.....

No seriously though mark that is shit luck.... especially seeing as you had plans to change them hopefully it comes to nothing..

2 bald tyres= 6points end of.

i got 9 point for a crash 3 days after i passed my test, but they only banned me for 55days becuase i needed my licence for my job as a mechanic.

if you can get a letter from your employer stating that you need your licence for your occupation you will at least have a fighting chance.

i got shafted for having a bald tyre a few weeks ago, the is no way out of it. they checked my tread depths(0-0-0) and then moved their patrol car and captured the image on their onboard video camera and issued me with a £30 fine, 3 points, a Vehicle Defect Form and a Section 59(get caught in same car doing anything and it will be crushed)

having a valid MOT means f**k all as it is just a check of the vehicle at the time of test and in some case's MOT rules are different to The Law ie: 1mm on a tyre will pass and MOT but if a copper is having a bad day he will do you over.

Edited by Bucky

2 bald tyres = 6 points

6 points and your banned

Wrong.

6 points and you've got your license* revoked. The DVLA and Police use words for very different meanings. Banned means you have to re-take an extended test after a certain 'banned' period.

Revoked means that once you have been put back to provisional status you can apply for your license, then get your theory and car tests booked as soon a possible. Passing then means you have 6 points of a possibly 12. That's what I've got at the moment.

Give it next Friday and I'm back on a provisional.

Mike, if you want to keep driving for as much as summer as you can, I'd suggest doing what I did, which is taking your license into the police on the 6/7th day from issued, then pay your fine on the 27th of the 28th day. Then takes 2 weeks to process from the DVLA, and then you've got 5 days notice from that letter date until you're back to provisional. I applied for mine once I got the letter so should be here soon, booked my theory already.

If you want a chat about it grab me on MSN, 'cos I got 3+3 in the first 2 years I know quite a bit about it....

Nick.

Edited by Nick Carter

Hard luck mike!

Its very unfair in my eyes, did they have any reason to pull you over? or was it one of them stop check things? I know they can pull who ever they want for whatever they want but i think its a bit unfair!

I do think its toatly unfair that people get points for things with 50% of the time they do not know about! one of my good friends got pulled over the first day he got his BMW, he was all licenced insured taxed and mot'ed yet the did exactly the same as they have done to you!

Hard luck buddy and i hope you get back on the road soon!

2 bald tyres = 6 points

6 points and your banned

Simple

If you wanted to keep your lisence you should have maintained your car

Harsh and unlucky but true

No shit, I never said it was unfair nor unjust. Fair enough on their part.

i got 6 points in my first two years of driving, basically you go back to provsional status, so no you can't pre book you test because you won't have you provisional license yet. You got to court, get revoked then you apply for the test. As an extra kick in the balls, your 'first two years of driving will then start again when you have passed your test.

Cheers. Lets hope I'll get a test date soon after the court malarky. (Y)

if your car has an MOT then they cant do f**k all.

it passed, the most they can do is say "those tyres need changing", but even then you dont have to listen.

Err, wrong. An MOT is simply a vehicle inspection, you still have to maintain it to a legal standard. If your brakes fell off a day after your MOT, would you say it's roadworthy for another year? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

ask buck for his solicitors number. he must be the best around!!!!

he has been the luckiest driver i know!!!! iv been driving 5 years and have ONLY just got 3 points on my licence.

that was for the stupidest thing, impeding the solid white lines, while already in an overtaking position, not speeding, he was just been a fussy mother F**KER but at the end of the day, they have the power to do this to you.

The police up here have nothing better to do than do you for something you werent expecting!!!! their WEIRD!!!! haha.

Hope you get lucky mike, you may end up getting a bigger fine and like someone else has said maybe 5 points.

Wayne.

Err, wrong. An MOT is simply a vehicle inspection, you still have to maintain it to a legal standard. If your brakes fell off a day after your MOT, would you say it's roadworthy for another year? :rolleyes:

Erm shit example. If the brakes are gonna fall off the day after the MOT, it wouldnt pass. When you check stuff for an MOT your making sure that everything will last another year.

trust anyone, an MOT has nothing to do with a road side inspection.

does an MOT tell you when your tyres are bald? does it tell you when there is a bulb out? only if on that 1 day a year it requires an MOT' that it will know. everything else is purely down to drivers maintainance.

thats by the by though. mike will hopefully be able to keep his licence if he can some how prove that he requires his licence, or if he can some how make an excuse to get past the problem.

Wayne.

Erm shit example. If the brakes are gonna fall off the day after the MOT, it wouldnt pass. When you check stuff for an MOT your making sure that everything will last another year.

I've never heard anything more stupid :S

That's like saying that if they check the vehicle over, nothing WILL go wrong with it during that year!

I'm gonna go get my motorbike MOTd, then leave it in a river for 6 months. When I get it back out, it's going to be roadworthy cause it's passed an MOT!

this doesnt have much to do with the topic, but if you dont know what your talking about, dont give out advice/legal standings.

the mot is purely a check of the basic roadiworthyness of the car at the time it was tested. nothing more, (if your interested, the mot test standard is stupid low, if a vehicle was just at mot standard, i wouldnt like to drive it.)

as for if your brakes are going to fail the day after the mot, it wouldnt pass, thats bollox, and its no where near making sure things will last another year.

example, i could have brand new brake pads in the front of my car, mot it, but i drive 600 miles a weekend some weekends. if i then had a 70 mile a day round trip to work, thats 950 miles a week, if i drove like a tit, on softish pads. give it 3 months, id be down to metal. let alone if i had half worn pads, or 3/4 warn pads(which would still pass)

i could have brand new tyres, reversing out of the mot station, i clip a kerb, 3 minutes after my mot was issued, the car would no longer be road legal due to a bulge in a tyre. can wear a set of softish tyres out in a month if you drive like a total tit, theres a bloke who gets tyres done on a 1.3 cdti combo at our place, last him 3500 miles.

was about to say mike, theres one way i know of, thats been used to get off charges like this, but as seen as it happened on august the 9th, i guess its no use now, as it only works in the 48 hours or so after getting stopped.