Ebay Fun And Games **reply From Seller Added**

Elliot

have a look at the picture on the previous page, you can see one spring and what I believe to be the remains of another spring.

Edit: thanks for the responce, justifies my irritation!

well that just goes to show that this guy is a liar and a conman. stop him in his tracks by making sure you take the most action you can with ebay.

J

if i were you, I'd be wanting to throttle him for being a patronising w@nker about being a street rider with no comp experience.

Haha yes, exactly what I was thinking. Everyone knows what a rim grind is, so it's clearly the Dad who doesn't really have a clue.

With regards to the axle end bit - that obviously should have been included. It sounds like the Dad again doesn't really know what he's talking about because it sounds as if he means that the freehub should pull off (which is true). It's nothing to do with whether it's got a cassette on.

'Competition use leaves dents' - well yes if you're a harsh b*****d. Either way, if the rim has been raped as much as that, they should have said in the item description.

Seems like Dad doesn't actually know that much but still feels able to patronise you. I'd demand a refund, or threaten to report him to eBay.

Didn't know sand, mud and rounded mossy rocks could cause dents that severe. Learn something every day!

They probably can't, but rocks can... gotta love the north :wink2:

Anyway... I would try and work it out with them. I've seen similar cases where the dad/mum deals with it, having been told a slightly iffy story by their kid. Try and get a phone number and give them a call, just explain what you thought you would be receiving and what has actually turned up - give them the chance to help out and if no luck there then unfortunately you may need to give eBay a shout.

Message from eBay Member Regarding Item #330151770275Hello Eliot, Please

forgive the delay in responding to you, my son - the trials rider, is on

holiday. I have, however spoken with him. He tells me that :

1 - As no cassette was fitted, the end of the hub is free to be removed.

2 - He fitted 3 new pawl springs prior to despatch.

3- Rim grinds - in competition use it is not uncommon to have 2 or more

grinds in a day, let alone the life of a wheel. I know this as I do them. I

assume that you are a sreet rider without competition experience.

4- Dents, again competition use leaves dents - it is a used wheel.

5- The skewer - was true when it left us.

From bitter experience, I know that the postal servic e in the UK is not the

finest. Any damage you mention,useage aside, can only have been caused by

the GPO. Perhaps you should contact them?

Regards

John

Tell him you attend comps quite often and that he must be absolutely shit at grinding rims. Where the hell does he power his grinder mid-comp anyway? 500 metre extension lead to the nearest farm :S?

Tell him the box arrived in mint condition and that it was still completely sealed, leaving no way for the axle cap and the springs to have come out.

Sounds like a right goon, if your willing to go through the hassle of it, tell him you want a new axle end and springs sending out or a refund if you reckon he will.... add that you'll have to leave negative feedback if he doesn't sort it and open an "item not received or significantly not as described" complaint through ebay. If you paid via paypal open up a paypal dispute with his account, paypal always favours the buyer and i'd be very suprised if they didn't credit the money back to your account. A lot of the time they won't even ask you to send the wheel back.

looks a bit out of order. Hub definitly looks raped and yeah id want to hit him for being so patronising too. 2 or more grinds per comps?! wtf I doubt the serious riders like hermance do that....

Hes talking through his arse. get your money back and make him pay postage to send it back or get him to pick it up

1 With or without a cassette on, the hub should not fall apart, if you doubt me on this call a company called tartybikes (http://www.tartybikes.co.uk) who are the largest trials specific company in the country, on their technical help line (01772 323 333), or call hope themselves on 01282 851200, who will inform you that their hubs do not fall apart unless there are parts missing.

2 The packaging arrived in good condition and it was still completely sealed, leaving no way for the axle cap and the springs to have come out. Therefore this happened prior to dispatch and was sold in a state not fit to use. Further more on closer inspection the piece of bent metal that fell out of the hub when it arrived has never been a hope pawl spring, it is simply a piece of bent metal put in, in place of a proper hope spring.

3 You stated that in the item description that the wheel had ‘a grind’, singular, not many. You now state that the rim has had as many as two grind in a day! That is a big difference from ‘a grind’ and a miss-description.

4 There is a difference between a used wheel and a wheel that has been dented due to competition use. You can see that the wheel has suffered many dents and has been bent back into shape, making for a significantly weaker wheel. This should have been disclosed in the description; it is breach of ebay terms and conditions to not disclose details of the item when it may be relevant to the buyer

5 I was referring to the axle, not the skewer, this could not have been bent in transit, firstly because the rotor body was still in place, effectively protecting the axle. The rotor body only fell off when I opened the packaging, and secondly because it simply takes more force to bend an axle than could happen in transit.

Reference to postal service: It’s the seller’s responsibility to pack an item in such a way for it not to get damaged in transit.

I will have to leave negative feedback if you don't rectify this situation, and I will open an "item not received or significantly not as described" complaint through ebay. I will also open up a paypal dispute with your paypal account, paypal always favours the buyer and I'd be very surprised if they didn't credit the money back to my account.

I do not mean to be offensive, but this seems almost wilfully incorrect. The wheel is not in useable condition, it will have to have money spent on it before it is in usable condition. Now that I have taken a closer look at the rim I realise how bad a condition it is in. It will not last for long, and I will need to replace it. With this in mind I ask you to refund me £20 for the replacement of the springs, driver side axle end and rim. If you want to speak about this then I will pas on my mobile number, I do not want to have to take this further.

Regards,

Elliot

I've probably been too soft, but I just want a wheel I can use, and I do think the hub is salvagable.

Again, many thanks for all the help you guys have been on this.

Edited by Elliot

I'd say £20 was fair really, it is half the cost of the wheel.

I think the grind argument was a bit weak but everything else was spot on. :)

Thats the thing, at the end of the day if he had descibed it correctly he still would have made a score out of it, and I dont think I would have minded paying that for a repairable mono and a rim thats gonna last a while at least. I'm going to order drive side spacer and springs from wiggle for about £6, and then thats £14 towards the cost of a DX32 off tarty (provided the spokes are similar enough), so if he comes back with £20, then all is about cool.

Thanks again for all the constructive and well informed help guys, (Y)(Y)(Y)

Thats the thing, at the end of the day if he had descibed it correctly he still would have made a score out of it, and I dont think I would have minded paying that for a repairable mono and a rim thats gonna last a while at least. I'm going to order drive side spacer and springs from wiggle for about £6, and then thats £14 towards the cost of a DX32 off tarty (provided the spokes are similar enough), so if he comes back with £20, then all is about cool.

Thanks again for all the constructive and well informed help guys, (Y)(Y)(Y)

Have a word with edd potts, i'd imagine he has some dx32's lying around, last time i saw him selling them they were like £10 each too ;)

Have a word with edd potts, i'd imagine he has some dx32's lying around, last time i saw him selling them they were like £10 each too ;)

Cool, thanks man, whats his TF user name, I'll pm him once I've counted the spokes and all this balls has blown over.

Spokes will be pirfect for a DX32 by the way, as the Planet X BMF rims are just a re branded DX32.

I think 20 is about right, you cant really ask him to give you the full cost of a new rim, as that one is still just about useable.

How the hell does he think he was getting through 2 grinds a comp on a DX32! what was he using as pads, lumps of steel?!?

Hi Eliot,

I have spoken with my son and it appears that he has not been totally up

front with either you or me.

I don't know your age, but he is 15 and still has a lot to learn!

I have credited £15 to your paypal account as you initially requested.

Please accept my apologies for all the difficulties that you have

experienced.

Best Regards

John

In an earlier message I asked for £15, this was before I realised the state of the rim. But bearing in mind £41 minus £15 is £26 posted for the wheel and that he apologised, I think I'll settle for it. At the end of the day I can't be arsed.

thanks guys!

haha yea, quite possibly but at the same time i dont know whether it's that cheeky to say that he doesn't know your age..

J

this is true, and at the end of the day I'm not gonna moan, cos I got some money back and he apologised so its all good.