My Bent Ko Km1

Balman

:unsure: Cars are meant for driving on the road and not for crashing into walls, trials frames are meant for riding trials. That looks like what he's been doing so I'm not sure what the situation on warranty would be. A half price crash replacement is a fair deal really.

trials riding does not involve crashing into walls either

people seem to be saying two differnt things im not really willing to spend £135 on somthing that should be fine at the momment any way but if i can get that much money togeather id rather spend it on somthing differnt how ever if dan dose offer to replace the frame ill happy keep on riding ko frames as they are lush im not trying to moan about anything and i hope im not giving anyone that impression

cheers Jack (Y)

dan has been more than understanding and has been willing to listen to the problem that i have faced and is doing his bit and is giving good customer servise i didnt make this topic to "bitch" about the frame or trials uk in anyway it was purely because iv never come across a bent frame befor and this intrested me and so i posted pictures i would just like to clarife that and i would also like so say they are superb frames to ride it was unfortunate that this happend.

sorry if anyone miss took it as it seems that way by some of your posts hope this clears things up

Jack

Edited by jackbalman

Tom spunkey monkey boy: theres no reason to go to trading standards blah blah blah. Even if it hadn't been resoled already, the lad could have talked to dan person to person and come to an arrangement, rather than bringing in unnessecary third parties. As soon as my pc starts to slow down, I don't get on the phone to trading standards and tell them that HP have sold me a bad product :P

Anyway glad to see its been resolved, and atleast it bent instead of snapping? :unsure:

Good job on that, pie muncher :P

Like i have explained dude. It's a manufacturing fault. Most other company's i know of would replace you that for free. It's a little something called warranty.

You should by rights get a free replacement. These kind of things are health hazards in the Trials worlds. Jesus, I can't believe Mr Ko can even consider only offering a half price replacement.

Well. All im going to say is. I was considering a Ko as my next frame. But now...Knowing how warrenty stands on these frame's...No thanks.

Also. This must be a manufacturing fault...Cls is riding one and he's giving it some shit and it's fine...

Danny.

Ites not the companys fault! i mean its unfortuate that Jacks done that to his frame (and to clear things up he is a light riders who doesnt well abuse his downtube or anything! hes uber protective of it and wont let me anywhere near it) Like Danny said, Ive just driven my car into a lampost and been slapped with a 450quid excess and will find it difficult to get insured again... but is it Fords problem the tyre blew out when i was cornering too fast? no! and thats on a car which is 2 months old not 12!! sometimes you just have to grow up and realise that when you own things its an equity which you are risking investing in. (for the more sensible people a trials bike really isnt the best investment of your pocket money, save stamps or something safe that will grow with value in time! not over half and break every week!!!)

A half place replacment is more than fair i think..... i mean its money he's going to be losing straight out of his pocket! Its not like a frame will just bend by itself!!! hes obiously done something without realising it!! so jack... 60quid for your frame??? hahaha

Thing being you don't actually know if it was a fault in the frame.

no dents or real marks on the side of the frame to say that i could have done it also the hole tube is bent and its perfectly even i would have had to hit all of the tube at the same time evenly and with out denting it as well as that id have to disturb the welding so seems pretty unlikly that i have done it theres one dent on the down tube and thats pretty much central not enough to bend the frame at all and espcialy not enough to bend the hole tube.

cheers Jack

p.s everythings been sorted now :)

i bet dan is hateing this topic as it isn't do much good for his business and they are a top shop so dont let this but you off anyone. But my view is that it could be a manafactureing fault, as there could of been a kink in the tubes slightly and slowly with the strain of riding it has exagerate the bend. I cant seem how this could of happened if it came out of the factory as it should with striaght tubes especially seeing as there is gusseting in between the top and down tube. But i supose also it could just be bad luck and that the frame was fine and you did it. But i think the most likely situation is that its a manafactureing fault some how, and therefore i think it should be replaced if thats the case.

i bet dan is hateing this topic as it isn't do much good for his business and they are a top shop so dont let this but you off anyone. But my view is that it could be a manafactureing fault, as there could of been a kink in the tubes slightly and slowly with the strain of riding it has exagerate the bend. I cant seem how this could of happened if it came out of the factory as it should with striaght tubes especially seeing as there is gusseting in between the top and down tube. But i supose also it could just be bad luck and that the frame was fine and you did it. But i think the most likely situation is that its a manafactureing fault some how, and therefore i think it should be replaced if thats the case.

you must be some kind of toby.

He's right, its not the same thing. Crashing into things isn't part and parcel of driving a car. It happens but you wouldn't expect to hit two walls and scrape another car if your just driving out to the shops. Trials ridings different, how many times do you hit your bike on stuff because you havn't made something?

The frame shouldn't be bent like that. The downtube doesn't look THAT badly damaged, as far as i can see theres one dent and a little ding on it with some scratches. It just looks bad because its got black paint on.

As for this topic not doing dan's reputation any good, well i've had numerous friends complain whilst out on rides because of dans cowboy attitude. I've seen a 2 week old viz stem snap in half and he said he wasn't going to even think about warrantying that. My friends black mumba was in good condition too until the driveside dropout snapped off across the weld, not just cracked.. the entire dropout snapped off along the edge of the welding. He was told theres no way he'd warranty that either and gave him some stick about it. Those are just two examples of several.

Personally, from what friends have said... theres no way i'd ever buy anything from trials-uk.

As far as I can see you've absolutely raped your bike for 9-11months, smashed it into loads of stuff and gone big on it.

You've ragged it so hard it's bent the frame and you expect a brand new replacement, for free? I don't think so.

If your frame was in the condition it is, without and bends I doubt you'd get £100 for it, so Dan knocking a load more than that off a new frame is just good customer service if you ask me. Onza offer half price warrenty replacements and I support Dan when he does.

You should just admit it, you've raped your frame and it's bent, buy a new one from someone else or just accept Ko-Bikes' offer.

Good point really as he did say he has had it just under a year. But still it could be a defect..?

Who knows, i guess the best bet would be to get someone in the 'know' to have a real look at it.

Edited by eskimo

Get a cutting torch, try to heat it up and bend it back into placeif this works, keep it red hot then dip it in oil to harden it and voila! fixed frame

If not you melt your frame and buy a new one!

glad if i helped

Tom