Possible Stolen Bike On Ebay?

monkeyseemonkeydo

Hey guys, this may be genuine if it was put on by someone's dad or something but the description just makes it sound wrong so thought I'd post in case someone's lost a bike. Looks like a Coust or Coust copy...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/trials-bike_W0QQitem...meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQ

I apologise for wasting your time if it's real.

Dave

edit: stupid link wouldn't work

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

Looks to me alot like a t-rex. Preety sure it is one.

Agreed that is proper dodgy. Description gives it away in my eyes. The problem I have with it is that if it was just a standard bike you might understand the person not knowing anything about it, but it looks like some work has been done on it so you would expect them to atleast have some trials general knowledge.

Phil

Edited by Phil_Onza

as per drunken disorder:

"Hi What frame is the trials bike, what brakes are on it, what rear wheel is it, What bar + stem is it, what tyres? etc etc

Basically if you gave more info on what parts are on it, I'd be more willing to buy it. Do you know anything about trials bikes? is it a stock or a mod? Is it bled with water or mineral oil?

Get back to me with answers to ALL these questions, update your item and Ill probably pay more than you think for it"

will update lkater

Report it to the police

What?!

Really though, not every bike with a shit description has to be stolen. Probably just some familey member putting it on ebay for his 12 year old son which he bought scond hand himself.

as per drunken disorder:

"Hi What frame is the trials bike, what brakes are on it, what rear wheel is it, What bar + stem is it, what tyres? etc etc

Basically if you gave more info on what parts are on it, I'd be more willing to buy it. Do you know anything about trials bikes? is it a stock or a mod? Is it bled with water or mineral oil?

Get back to me with answers to ALL these questions, update your item and Ill probably pay more than you think for it"

will update lkater

Yeah just ask him alot of questions about the bike then if he dosent know them start to queery him but if answers all questions are correct then i suppose its genuine!

Edited by !JaMmY!

Doesnt mean its genuine, he might have googled the answers.

To be fair if you dont know much about bikes you would not be owning that sort of frame be it a coust or a zoo, you would have something like a mad or a t-pro then sell it as you did not want it. That bike looks too much like a normal trials bike with the front v rear mag etc, I still think its stolen. Problem is half the stolen trials bikes end up on ebay.

Hey, would you be willing to sell the bike now for £300 and I could pick up this weekend and pay cash? Also could you tell me what rear hub the bike has and also what brand the frame is? thankyou.

My question, I'm unsure, not really that bothered either..

Hey, would you be willing to sell the bike now for £300 and I could pick up this weekend and pay cash? Also could you tell me what rear hub the bike has and also what brand the frame is? thankyou.

My question, I'm unsure, not really that bothered either..

If you're actually serious about that offer, be careful. If it IS stolen, apart from the fact that the guy selling it might be a dodgy character, if it turns out to be stolen you could lose your money when it gets confiscated by the police. I would steer well clear.