Norco - Crux - Trials Dvd

ben_travis

Yeah, he's got quite the different voice. I used to get annoyed by it in manifesto, but when you meet him in person, you don't really notice?

Haha, that's the second time today you've mentioned that you've met Ryan Leech :P

Clearly this is by far the best teaser to showcase what Crux is all about. weather you love Ryan Leech :) or hate him :sleeping: , this is gonna be the best trials vid for 2007-08 with the most original, technical line/moves created by these 3 class riders (Y)(Y)(Y) . cant wait to recieve my pre-ordered copy next week :D

Mine's pre-ordered :D

This is gonna be good

Love these guys... it shows there is so much more than big drop gaps... (and they do go big as well (Y) )

Ryan Leech is clearly a Zen guy :D

You can tell, from what he says, that he wants to push trials into a form of mental art (Mastering the art of trials etc... sound very martial art to me)

Thats better!! Should have just released that in the first place haha! Where are people ordering this from? Or is it staring me in the face!? Found the ordering page... looks like all the orders (even international) are gonna be NTSC? Think we should MAYBE wait until Chilli or CRC gets hold of some copies, then they should be official PAL versions - or I could be totally wrong and they might work fine!

Edited by Jonny Jones

• 2 weeks later...

Got my signed copy today :) and viewed it :D . Jaw-dropping riding content though a little short compared to Manifesto. Ryan keeping it original and tech. one or two natural lines from ryan looking way too skechy (too much body twitching movement and he dabs on one of his lines with his right foot) for his manifesto style. though he makes up for it by nailing three of the most difficult lines in the vid (all chain riding lines). Dylan nails and fails some of the most monsterous crazy lines ive seen to date :S . his riding segment soundtrack was the best of the whole vid. Thomas, in my view was the most composed/controlled rider of the three, damn shame he didnt have as much riding content as ryan. dvd extras contain ryan segments from The Collective, Roam, Leaps and Bounds, Kranked6. (Y)

I received my copy yesterday. I must say that I like it, especially nowadays when that kind of riding is slowly becoming extinct. Ryan was doing lots of tech moves/lines, Ohler rode also with the no hop Manifesto style, and Korba had balls and explosiveness. The video felt noticeably longer than Manifesto DVD, but not too long to be boring. If to criticize something, I think some of the camera angles could have better shown the magnitude of moves and the height of objects. Anyways, I appreciate Ryan _a lot_ by going his own way and modernizing traditional street trials, and designing a great frame for likeminded.

Mine arrived the other day... was a really good DVD. I was a tad disappointed at the 35min length... but it's deffinately worth it!
Thats exactly what i emailed to Ryan Leech. it seems way short compared to Manifesto even though manifesto is 20mins long and Crux is 35mins (minus the extras vids of The collective, Roam, Kranked6, Leaps and Bounds, Bike compliation).

• 2 weeks later...
Check out my review of Crux (with screenshots) here:

http://mtbnews.net/index.php?id=287

(sorry about the bad english.)

Thanks for the review dude, I've just ordered my copy! I also agree with you about the the fact some freeriders said that NWD8 was boring, it really was! I got it as John Shrewsbury recommended it as Chopper had his own section, but there was only about 5 clips of him in the entire DVD which I thought was poor, and the entire DVD was based on a wrestling match with flashing lights, make-up etc - as well as a load of crap at the start - honestly some of the big American(?) production companies need to think about what they're doing. Ive consequently told John not to buy it haha! But yeah, ta for the review, found it very useful!

Edited by Jonny Jones

Wow that sucked. Got it today and watched it on my lunch break. Wasn't that great of a video for a year's worth of footage. There were no power moves, and it didn't seem like I was watching a trials video, seemed more like a street video. Overall 1/5. Too many front wheel pivots drops too. Not enough of Thomas Ohler in it.

I think it would be really nice to see a trials dvd that was made like the NWD series, having like a dozen or more top riders, and having their own parts in the film.

Edited by Jason222

• 3 weeks later...