My Evening

george_seamons

Another quick update. Again...thanks for all your kind words, really appreciate them. Was on the television today, as the local news paid tribute to her. I guess all the relatives have been informed now, hence her identity being revealed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7091370.stm

no mention of her being drunk or your heroic act?

maybe it was because she was a reporter for bbc and its on the bbc website?

begs the question would it have been a different story if she wasn't a worker for bbc or i suppose they wouldn't broadcast the fact someone was drunk if they'd died and harmed no one else?

That's the thing, nobody actually knows if she was drunk or not. She had been drinking, nobody is doubting that. It's just the amount she drank, and I guess its not really the kind of thing you put in tribute to somebody, in a somewhat seemingly innocent accident.

And I always knew there would be no mention of me, I'm fine with that. I'm not that naive to believe it would make a difference in the eyes of a reporter.

sorry if people are getting the wrong end of the stick im not saying they should, just media tend to pay zero respect to anyone so i considered the fact her being involved in media might of changed that.

would of been a different story if she did hit someone though . . still horrific ending for such a small mistake

Mate, after reading that I have the upmost respect for you.

For never giving up, going that extra bit further, keeping going just one more time and then another and another.

If that had been my mum, or anyone I knew for that matter, I would be forever grateful.

You are one true hero mate.

I know this may seem a bit over dramatic, but this poem really means something to me.

And I think some of it, if not all, relates to what you did that night.

Dan

sorry if people are getting the wrong end of the stick im not saying they should, just media tend to pay zero respect to anyone so i considered the fact her being involved in media might of changed that.

I thought that as I read the article, it seems so heartless and unemotional. Probably some shoddy 'paid by the hour' journalist.

But you know everything hapens for a reason.

I kind of agree with that in some circumastances. I think that whatever happens, whether you think it's for a reason or not, you have to take it, accept it and use the experience to enhance your own life. Your own life is the only life you can truly take control of to create happiness. It's a massive tragedy that has happened here, and it's just that. Something that has happened, which means nothing can be done about it. You have to live your life with no regrets I think, and if I were in your position, I'd have no regrets at all from that night. You gave 100% to help, you did all the right things and did your best. That's it, there was no more you could have done. It's taught you things you'll not even know it's taught you and it's given you another life experience that, although you don't want to go through, will ultimately make your life fuller, make you mentally stronger and give you an even better understanding about family importance, life importance and what your life means to you and others, as you've already realised.

If you can live life with no regrets, and use experiences, good or bad, to make you stronger and somehow make your life better, then you have a good life ahead of you. You did everything right, and you have to remember that. The feelings you have fade, in a similar way your feelings fade when you split up with a partner. It's different, but similar, strong emotional feelings can't be solved with words, but time heals. You can't change the past, so you must find a way to use the past in a positive way.

I hope, if I ever find myself in a similar situation, I act as strong as you.

Bongo

f**kin hell george, thats horrid... but well done, was it the night of the hadouken gig i saw u at?? ...lol oh my god mate that made me feel so bad for you... but well done... you hero you.... its not the kind of thing youd wish upon anyone, but you were brave enough to deal with it, and try and save her life.. unfortunatly things didnt turn out so great but theres nothing more you could of done to help her, you did your best and made your best effort and thats all that matters.... so well done george and i hope you get it out of your system and recover soon (mentaly) (Y)

would of been a different story if she did hit someone though . . still horrific ending for such a small mistake

I think its unfair to say that they pay zero respect to what george and others did on the scene. You have to understand that the massive amount of trauma the womans family, friends, and the rescue workers have gone through does not need to be exacerbated any more than nessecery, and the bbc has obviously felt that a conservative approach to reporting the womans untimely demise is the best way to go about it; no one needs to be blamed or praised for what happened, the important thing is that the family know what george and others did for her, and they will be forever in gratitude to them.

Thigns don't need to be made harder, and I'm sure George doesn't need to be reminded of the ordeal anymore than he will already have to be.

Rich

The media always report things wrong, sometimes I think it's down to what Police tell them.

I was shot in the shoulder when I was 15, and they reported I was walking along a road at 10PM alone. I was actually walking down the road at 11:30PM with 5 friends and a little drunk.

I think it's just what the Police tell them.

• 5 months later...

I've just read the original post... All I can say is well done George, that is a story of a hero!

It's a shame how it ended, but you done the best anyone could do.. Must of been hard. Congratulations, you have full respect for that!

Mart

Thats got me thinking really strange thaughts, the other night i was out in a mates car and he was driving waaay to fast and i knew fine well if something came round the corner or if somebody pulled out then we'd crash big time. And i know someone whos just had a terrible accident ands on life support, it kinda feels like im being told not top drive fast even though im only 15? Blagging my head right up

As for your story, massive respect to carry on when good knows what was comeing out of mouth. You deserve a medal i couldnt see myslef carrying on if i was in your position well done

Seriously well done. I dont no wether i could have done that even though i have done countless course's (scout's ect..)

You truely are a hero.

And i no i would have stoped if somone had thrown up in my mouth, that bit really made me think.

Really gripping read also.

Well done.

(Y)

That's a gripping read and you should be extremely proud of yourself, not many others would have had the balls to do that.

Hope it doesn't mess you up too much, you should know that you did everything you could.

really hope you can cotrol your feelings and get back to normail as soon as you feel you can.. i feel for you mate..

Even though I wasn't there and I don't really know you, I always remember this story.

Me and my friend with the Starlet GT always used to go raging through country lanes - seemed fun at the time but what's happened on here, in 3 or 4 cases has really opened my eyes and if I'm in a car going too fast I'll tell the driver to slow down.

In fact, one of my friends thought he was being funny by not listening and I got so wound up I almost punched him in the face. Needless to say I told him to stop the car and I got out and walked. My life might be shit at the moment but I'm not gonna be another headline where 4 young guys die because the twat behind the wheel thinks he's Colin McRae - Obviously most of the times it's accidental and the driver isn't in the wrong but my "friend" was being a complete tool and I will always tell someone if they are doing wrong.

He drives a 1.4 Renault 5 that isn't exactly sporty either so cornering and braking aren't exactly Skyline material.

Anyway, after all that rambling I basically mean:

Thanks for the story and it's stuck with me and taught me a lesson, I hope it's done the same for others.

I f**king salute you mate that is bare balls and skills. Cant beleive that i wouldnt know what to do if i was trying to save some dead person. Really well done lad. If i was living near you ide buy you a drink or 2.

But yes driving anger is just as bad as pissd I did it because my ex left me and had been cheating on me for some time and i ended up with my car in her best mates cars arsre ritten off

fair play lad

i am gutted for you mate but you have my respect for doing what you have done!

i was in a very similar situation a few months ago and i can still see it now, if you ever want to chat about it i would be more than happy to!

but Kudos for doing what you did mate! It is so reasuring to know that there are respectable people in the world like yourselfs...